NEWS

I just received a scam email that (poor spelling aside) . . . (Details inside)

• 1 Replies

Senko

• Ace Runner
« on: <12-30-15/0149:26> »
Title character limitations bah. Anyway as I was saying I just received this scam email that aside from its poor spelling looked like it could fit very nicely in the shadowrun universe as either a "Decker scams money out of wageslaves" or "corporations show their good nature PR spin with 1 lucky limited or full corp employee a year getting this . . .

Subject: &&Annual Financial Support Donation [Your Sony Key Code: SYUK0303#]
Reply-To: sony.iprize@rogers.com
Date: 29/12/2015 11:12 PM
To: winner <sony@donation.org>

Sony Corporation wishes to inform you that your Identity/Location has been endorsed as the winner of $1million. in the ongoing Sony Corporation Charity iPrize Promotion. We sincerely apologies for communicating this good news with you through the internet.

Please send Ur Name, address, age and Tel for More Info.
Your Sincerely,
Mrs Barbara Deemer

All spelling and grammar errors faithfully reproduced from the original. I do think this could do very nicely for the purposes I said. If your running it as a legitimate lottery type situation 1 million nuyen could be dropped to half a million pocket change for a megacorp but enough to set one corporate employee up for life for major PR cudos (nice little add campaign of the win for life lottery with past winners and the like) or if you don't want your employee dissapearing 100,000 would be a major boost to most wageslaves but not enough for them to retire on.

Just limit eligibility and reword it slightly to "Congratulations "Insert Name", your SIN "Insert SIN" has been selected as this years winner of the "Insert Corporation" lottery. Please contact our head office to discuss arrangements.

Arrangements being the ceremony where you get your check, and no need to tell them what the head office number is since as an employee they are meant to know it along with local security numbers, trouble reporting numbers etc, etc. Of course if the poor employee where to be robbed by nasty criminals after getting the money but before they could spend it well this happens every now and then and the corporation security is working with national police to track them down and punish them.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-30-15/0838:39> »
I played through the Stuffer Shack food fight where in order to avoid witnesses, I told Mr. Gorse (the guy with the ice cream) that he was in the running to be the millionth customer for that franchise.  Then I told him that Aztechnology (the owners of Stuffer Shack ) were concerned about the safety of the contestants and sent our team.  I told him that his name was entered into the drawing and sent him home.