NEWS

Shifting (Shapeshifters)

• 2 Replies

Irondrone4

• Newb
« on: <01-05-16/2218:53> »
So, I got a copy of Run Faster for Christmas this year, adding to my 5th edition core rules and Run and Gun books, and I'm going berserk with new characters. However, after building a Shapeshifter private eye, I realized that there doesn't seem to be any rules in the book regarding Shifting. How exactly does Shifting work, rules-wise? Was it mentioned in another book?

Marcus Gideon

• Omae
  • Certainly not a Technomancer...
« Reply #1 on: <01-05-16/2233:24> »
Both the Shapeshifter's "Shift" ability, and the Pixie's "Vanish" ability, are actually listed in the Aetherology supplement. You know, b/c Catalyst LOVES making you cross reference multiple sources to get a simple freaking answer.

Key points include;

Complex action to perform. Attributes carry over, as do any purely internal Deltaware implants, non-Deltaware implants are rejected and cause damage. Cosmetic stuff like piercings and tattooes also disappear (painlessly). You gain all non-paranormal abilities of the new form, including Armor, Natural Weapons, and Enhanced Senses (if any). Does not transform clothing or equipment, and often destroys most fabrics.
The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work…when you go to church…when you pay your taxes.

Irondrone4

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-05-16/2313:18> »
Thanks, Marcus! I knew that Shifting destroyed your clothing, but I wasn't sure about the cyberware or the Action cost. So, it's literally just an Action; not even a test? That's pretty neat.