NEWS

Availability Questions, Missions rules

• 3 Replies

schenn

• Chummer
  • Divillian Lesterat
« on: <01-19-16/1613:49> »
When asking the fixer for a unique piece of armor, do I have to do an availability test for each component, or just the highest availability or ...

e.g. Argentum Coat with Fire Resistance, Non conductivity, Pulse weave and shock weave.

Do I do an availability test for the fire resistance, non conductivity and shock weave individually, then an availability test for the coat + pulse weave, or is there a way to total the availability up that I am missing? Or is it a "highest availability" test done once against the 18 total for the coat and Pulse weave combo?

or, do i pay buy the individual components and gear, then pay a professional via the professional rules to 'stitch' them together? Or do I add the professional cost of stitching the gear together to the final gear cost in that last availability test?

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #1 on: <01-19-16/1705:41> »
This is probably best asked in the Living Missions section.

That said, I think you've got it. Fire Resistance, Non-Conductivity and Shock Weave are all their own separate availability tests. Pulse Weave adds to the availability of the coat, so those two you add.

As for assembling - I always assume that that includes the assembly, but your interpretation is probably decent.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-19-16/1730:12> »
Well in Missions you buy hits when you get gear even if it is the fixer doing the purchasing so if you have the hits to get the highest availability component then the rest is a non-factor.  The only impact would be adding to the acquisition time which in turn may add to your downtime if you want the item prior to your next mission. 

As to assembly I'd say it's up to the GM but I can't see getting to nitpicky about the accounting unless it impacts on the storyline.  It would be reasonable to assume that whoever is producing the item would add the modifications as part of the process and you could pay for the thing as a whole piece.  YMMV of course.

schenn

• Chummer
  • Divillian Lesterat
« Reply #3 on: <01-19-16/1745:00> »
There's a difference in cost as well.  Using the above example, I can obtain the individual components myself without paying any extra cost for a time of 2 days while asking the fixer to go get the coat with the pulse weave, which will take about 2 weeks, and cost an additional 75% for dice, than an additional 10% for fixer fee.  I don't know what, if anything, I should add for the assembly cost for this yet method yet.

If I do it that way, I only end up spending ~15,700 nuyen on the final product, after spending 2 days tracking down the individual components myself, I can get the coat back in 2 weeks with all the modifications

If I do it all in one big purchase, it'll only take 2 weeks, but it'll cost about 18,500 nuyen instead.