falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #15 on: <12-10-15/1113:38> »
« Last Edit: <12-10-15/1204:09> by falar »

Strill

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <12-10-15/1620:45> »
if you were going down that route then an ally spirit could be cool!
Would you use Ritual Spellcasting for the binding tests instead of the Summoning/Binding skills? It seems vague on that point.

OH WAIT. That's why an Aspect Summoner can't have an Ally Spirit, right? They can't learn rituals?
Wait a second. Does Greater Ritual + Ally Spirit mean you can summon a Force 1 Ally Spirit that gets an effective bonus to its force, but without the karma cost?

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <12-10-15/1638:51> »
Im pretty sure ally spirits need both the ritual and summoning/binding skills, thus making them unavailable for any aspected awakened RAW.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <12-10-15/1815:15> »
Im pretty sure ally spirits need both the ritual and summoning/binding skills, thus making them unavailable for any aspected awakened RAW.

By RAW yes.. but if mundanes can use Summon[Spirit Type] ritual, I don't see a problem letting Aspected Conjurers initiate into the Spiritual Arts...

Aspected Mages need a little love since everyone treats them like the red-haired stepchild.
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <12-13-15/1410:27> »
Oh I completely agree. I hardly doubt that opening up for aspected summoners to be able to attain ally spirits would force every player to rage quit their mages and mystic adepts and play those guys instead.