Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

If I Have College Education, Can I Get Multiple 1-Point Skills?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Beta:
Interesting given that-- at least to me-- they don't actually mean the same thing.

Whiskeyjack:

--- Quote from: Medicineman on ---They word the same Rules differently to not repeat themselves which is a professional writer's habit

--- End quote ---
If this is true, it's terrible design philosophy and just leads to confusion.

SmilinIrish:
I agree that it is confusing.  I believe that the intent is to get two ranks for each point you spend.  It isn't possible to spend less than a point, it doesn't make any sense.  The half price rounded up is just unwieldy.  Two ranks for the price of one (in the point buy system anyway, not sure how in Karma gen) is a simple mechanic.  You have 10 points for knowledge skills?  Each point gets two ranks on academic.  Simple.  Half price rounded up gets the same effect essentially, but just hurts the brain.

Jayde Moon:
While Chummer does it the way described above, Hero Lab charges you .5 per, so according to them, you can indeed buy a bunch of skills at 1.  IMO, this is the correct interpretation.

gradivus:
I have no problem with the person buying a bunch of one point knowledge skills- more like real life... I know enough about so many things that I can put my foot in my mouth but not enough about any one thing that I could make money writing a book about it.

Except for maybe what happens behind the scenes in a Mall. Too many years in security not to be an expert on that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version