NEWS

Need some help on how to end current run

• 4 Replies

SamTwist

• Newb
« on: <10-21-15/1002:01> »
Hey everyone,

I feel like I lost grip of my current run with my group and I'm looking for advice on how to finish it, hopefully with some style!
Here's the gist of what happened so far :

Team got hired for an investigation run, 5 kids in a high school got their hands on a nasty drug that left them comatose, then 3 of those kids had their body stolen from the hospital.
The runners got hired by the high school principal who wants to get to the bottom of this, he runs a respectable establishment and wants to make sure it doesn't happen again. He also doesn't trust Lone Star, who are part of the investigation as well. 2 of the runners investigate the school while the other runner goes to the hospital to place tracers on the remaining children, in case they get snatched too. 

The runners at the school find some traces of the drug and realize Lone Star has been trying to falsify video evidence to put the blame on a school teacher to close the case and collect their pay. The runners confronted Lonestar and were able to sneak out with the wrongly accused teacher away from the school.  The other runner, on his way to the hospital, searched the matrix and discovered that the drugged kids have one thing in common, they are all children of former Halloweeners members who left the gang before their demise years ago. The runners also realize that the drug that has been used on the kids is an upgraded version of a past drug called ''Bleed'' that used to be controlled by the Halloweeners. The doctor at the hospital also reveal that DocWagon used to manufactured a counter agent for this drug, but the factory got blown up a few months ago. (It was actually a run that I did a couple months ago with my players where they got hired to blew up a factory no questions asked)

Here's where I think I lost grip : The runner at the hospital spent a lot of time asking the administrative department about purchasing and logistics, wanting to know where the hospital get their medicine supply, asking if he can meet a biochemist to synthesize a new counter agent for the drug and a lot more I won't go into details...  I kind of lost patience and remembered that one of the runners asked one of his contact, a street vendor, to see what he could find about this drug. I had this contact call the runner and say he found something, the runners met with him downtown. The runners meet next to a big container, opened it and found about 20 different gangers, from different gangs all dead from the new drug inside the container.  The last session ended with 3 drones surprising the runners...

Now, I'm not sure how to resolve the whole situation, I was planning on having a Shedim behind it all but it may be too out of place. The runners also have bad blood with the brain eaters gang so I was leaning on having them manipulating the whole thing and putting the blame on the Halloweeners (they got back about a year ago in my game)

Do you guys have any suggestion on how to resolve this run?

Thanks a lot!

« Last Edit: <10-21-15/1828:17> by SamTwist »

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #1 on: <10-21-15/1536:06> »
Is this a single run or part of a campaign?

Is it the first part of a longer story arc, or just something to do between a larger plot?
That's just like... your opinion, man.

SamTwist

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-21-15/1553:38> »
Nah, it's pretty much the run. The thing is, we play every 2 weeks and about 2 hours each session, I need to keep the action going because we're playing so far appart people are losing interest  and motivation in between the games :(

4 weeks ago was when they got the job and investigate the school, 2 weeks ago was when time was spent at the hospital and ended with them at the container. I wanted to finish this run tonight so we can start a new one in 2 weeks, I was looking for an idea to close this run without feeling forced on the players...

Thanks!

Ganggreenkhan

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <10-21-15/1950:56> »
     What I would do is have another kid get kidnapped from the hospital and the runners learn the location they are holding them at .Cause the kidnappers didn't use an area jammer cause they didn't think they needed on. You could have them find a facility where all the comatose kids are hooked up to brainwave machines and their doing something or another with them. Rescue the kids, collect the reward, go home.

SamTwist

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-22-15/1221:19> »
Thanks for your input!
We had our game last night, the run is not over but it's getting pretty close to what you suggested ;)
Hopefully we'll be able to finish this run in 2 weeks and move on to the next!