NEWS

Working our way through SM 6-01 10-57

• 125 Replies

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <10-04-15/1246:57> »
Spitfire smiles at the extra 1000 nuyen and nods, "I think that's all the info I need." Turning to the rest of the group, "I think we should check out the house first and see whats up there, then the clinic." She turned to Alf as he spoke, "It would be nice to have some magic support for once."

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #16 on: <10-05-15/1630:46> »
Derren nodded in agreement with Spitfire and stood to leave, smiling his thanks at the gents.
After accepting the ARO and save-linking it to his Avalon work 'link, he opened an AR terminal in his image link and mentally dictated a series of search terms for each of the named parties on the document.
He didn't expect to find anything new, but it didn't hurt to try.
[spoiler]Search software running, limit of 6:
one search for each named person inc kids starting from top left of doc. (10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=5, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=1, 10d6.hits(5)=2)
Trawling public stuff, social media, business pages etc
[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #17 on: <10-05-15/1659:42> »
Thanks for the link to InvisibleCastle.com, Csjarrat!  Using that tool, dealing with Alf's prep spell and baby spirit summons from earlier

[spoiler]-Alf's increased intuition spell on himself, 11 dice, two hits:  http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4881593/  Then sustained with focused concentration 5

-Drain for the spell: 10 dice, 3 hits vs drain 2, resulting in no drain http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4881594/

-Force 3 fire spirit:  5 successes, limit is 3, so base 3 successes (opposed by spirits F=3 dice) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4881595/

-Drain for spirit: 12 dice, 5 successes  http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4881596/ [/spoiler]

amount of drain to resist depends on the Spirit's successes -- will you role that biotech, or should I? 
« Last Edit: <10-05-15/1731:13> by Beta »

Red_Cap

• Newb
  • Sometimes, the dragon deals with you.
« Reply #18 on: <10-05-15/1807:38> »
Bastian likewise rose from his seat, content with the extra cash on promise.  He pads himself down to make sure his knives and guns are all still safely strapped into place, then stomps over to Spitfire.  "Sounds like a plan.  Glad I brought the artillery with me."
Looking for a PBP or Roll20 game, SR 4 or 5.  I'm not picky.

Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <10-05-15/1916:33> »
Getting up and patting her collapsed and well hidden sniper rifle she smiles, "It never hurts to bring a little boom to any situation." Thinking it might be a good idea to get some more info on the folks as well spitfire did a matrix search using her more shadowy sources to see if she could find anything juicy on them, or relevant information about there places of residence.

[spoiler]

Limit is 9

Rolling 12d6
( 5 + 6 + 5 + 5 + 4 + 5 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 5 + 1 + 1 ) =    7

Rolling 12d6
( 1 + 5 + 3 + 5 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 6 + 4 + 5 + 2 ) =     5

Rolling 12d6
( 2 + 2 + 6 + 1 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 3 ) =    3

Rolling 12d6
( 2 + 2 + 1 + 6 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 6 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 5 ) =    5

Rolling 12d6
( 5 + 6 + 2 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 3 ) =    4

Rolling 12d6
( 6 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 6 + 5 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 2 ) =   3

Gonna roll for there places of work and for more info on the clinic.

Rolling 12d6
( 1 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 1 ) =    3

Rolling 12d6
( 3 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 6 + 6 + 5 + 3 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 6 ) =    5
[/spoiler]

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <10-05-15/2237:06> »
---ooc---
Here is the deal with 99.9% of the fiddly-I don't care.  I care about the story of the game, but when it comes to where character sheets are, It's not an issue.  Apposed rolls on a summon/bind test?  You can roll them.  I just don't want people taking advantage of the situation.  Try to keep things legal.  Try to be nice.  Try to not be a pain, and enjoy your character and the story.  Honestly, if people roll at home and reported their results I wouldn't care.  I just want to tell a good story.
---ooc---

Matrix search
[spoiler]You look across the matrix, and you find nothing and everything.  Everyone of these people have a full matrix life full of web posts, friend pages, IM's, and all the garbage of a life in Chicago.  the only tie among all of them is their location.  You do find have their home matrix host and know the houses physical location.[/spoiler]

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <10-05-15/2237:59> »
Ready to head out, or would you like to make more preparations/legwork?

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <10-06-15/1000:55> »
Once they are outside, Alf asks those with the computer savvy “What about this guy’s clinics, can you find anything about them?  How legit is he?  And that ‘block association’ the others were supposed to go to a meeting for, that sounds like something we might need to check out, do they have any profile or contact info?

--ooc--  Thanks Biotech—having some idea of how you like to run your ‘table’ is helpful, at least to me.   

-   Rolled resistance for the spirit from earlier:  it critical glitched its resistance to being summoned http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4882135/  (not sure if that has any real impact)  Also that means the minimum 2 points drain, which the resistance roll covered.
-   Alf mostly knows first-aid, but he knows a little bit about medicine – can he team-work with Spitfire to try and figure out how legit/shady the Doctor’s clinics are?  If so: 6 dice, rolls three successes http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4882136/

--/ooc—

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <10-06-15/1008:02> »
The spirit is unable to resist your force of will, and you gain one additional service 

--ooc--How you see your spirit based on your tradition?  Also, how do you get spirits?  Are you an ass and it's "DO!" or do you ask nice?  You own this spirit till sun up regardless, but it's more to understand your character.---ooc---

What you know about the good Dr. Tate
[spoiler]He runs some street clinics around the Zone. He knows how to patch you up without asking too many questions. For the right fee, he’ll never turn a patient away .[/spoiler]

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <10-06-15/1024:44> »
The spirit is unable to resist your force of will, and you gain one additional service 

--ooc--How you see your spirit based on your tradition?  Also, how do you get spirits?  Are you an ass and it's "DO!" or do you ask nice?  You own this spirit till sun up regardless, but it's more to understand your character.---ooc---

--ooc-- Alf is from the Sioux tradition (although his native blood is pretty thin he is a Sioux citizen, and had most of his magic training in the medical corp of their military).  As I understand it they have a very high reverence for the spirit world, and Alf has certainly absorbed that.  Overlayed on top of it is that spirits kind of scare him.  He’s called enough large ones to realize how smart (and charismatic) they can be, and is always worried about making powerful spiritual entities resentful of him.  He mostly sticks to not-too-big spirits (3-4), and he will be sacrificing some reagents to them occasionally (as an in game representation of thanking them for their help).

In the Sioux tradition Fire is the healing spirit, so he’s actually most comfortable with the fire spirits, having occasionally had one bound to help with health magics.  (although he doesn’t have a specialization at the moment.  Darned karma never stretches far enough!).  Calling one up to guard his apartment leaves him feeling a little guilty, but he’s living a low lifestyle, and he has thousands of nuyen of reagents and lodge materials in there … He'd view it somewhat like asking a paramedic to watch over a van full of valuable drugs; not its job, but someone needs to do it.

--ooc--

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <10-06-15/1712:08> »
Grabbing her things satisfied with what information she could gather, Spitfire stands up and gets with the rest of the team, "Well when your all good and ready lets get this show on the road." She smiles shifting her gear into a more comfortable position. "My bike only has room for one more, anybody need a ride?" She asks looking around to everyone.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <10-06-15/1751:58> »
Grabbing her things satisfied with what information she could gather, Spitfire stands up and gets with the rest of the team, "Well when your all good and ready lets get this show on the road." She smiles shifting her gear into a more comfortable position. "My bike only has room for one more, anybody need a ride?" She asks looking around to everyone.

Alf adds: "I'm good, I've got my own wheels.   if anyone needs a ride you'll probably get there faster on Spitfire's bike, but The Drekmobile will get there eventually and has space for one more -- if they aren't too big."  He eyes Derren as he says that last part.  "I've got some stuff that's, errr, stuffed in the back, so I want to drive it there anyway."

Red_Cap

• Newb
  • Sometimes, the dragon deals with you.
« Reply #27 on: <10-07-15/0839:55> »
Bastian gave Spitfire a wide, toothy grin as he tossed the keys to his Harley in the air and caught them on the way down.  "Wanna race?
Looking for a PBP or Roll20 game, SR 4 or 5.  I'm not picky.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <10-07-15/0916:24> »
Alf adds: "I'm good, I've got my own wheels.   if anyone needs a ride you'll probably get there faster on Spitfire's bike, but The Drekmobile will get there eventually and has space for one more -- if they aren't too big."  He eyes Derren as he says that last part.  "I've got some stuff that's, errr, stuffed in the back, so I want to drive it there anyway."

--ooc—I thought I’d edited this last night, but must have not hit the right button afterward.  Since it has been up for a while now I’ll just do a follow-on rather than a change.  Basically if Derren has space for a passenger and some stuff (large medkit, tool kit, etc.) then Alf will move his stuff over and direct his runabout to go home on its own. –ooc—

Alf looks at Spitfire and Bastien a little jealously, then turns to Derren.  “Wait, you asked earlier if anyone needed a ride—does that mean you have a bigger vehicle?  Might make sense to move my drek over and ride with you, if nothing else then I don’t have to find a parking spot in order to go astral.”  He doesn’t add that he’ll be less worried about being hassled by gangs or dumb punk corp-cops if he’s riding with the troll, instead of on his own in a cheap runabout. 

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <10-07-15/1022:54> »
Assuming everyone plays nice after the meet, you all pile into various vehicles and drive across town to the family home.  Driving through the neighborhood towards the home of the missing family’s reveals a rather striking contrast to the rest of the zone; the first thing you notice is the distinctive lack of ruble and refuse on the street, the pot holes common to Chicago are filled in, the homes are maintained, the lawns are greenish, there is a distinctive lack of trash about, and finally just below every street sign is a white sign with large black eye in the middle. The two story brick home sits in the middle of three lots surrounded by a rather impressive if not Frankenstein looking steal fence topped with constantan wire. A trench four meters deep and two meters wide has been carved around the fence line save for a two meter wide path to the front gate. An attached two car garage sits facing the ally out back with what looks like a modified garage door lowered to serve as a draw bridge. The garage is completely empty save for a closed heavy steel door leading into the house. The lot to the left looks to host a vegetable garden, the lot to the right of the house has a shed about the size of a single car garage. The garden is surrounded by a three meter tall chain link cage; the stand alone garage on the other side of the property has a most foul smell and is surrounded by a one meter tall chain link fence. Large spotlights cover the peak of the roof situated in such a way to easily illuminate the entire yard and possible the entire block. The first floor windows look to have retractable metal shutters currently open of each of them, the second floor windows are covered in bars and the porch has been fashioned to give the appearance of castle wall.