NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [OOC]

• 181 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <12-01-15/1308:20> »
Why do people generally assume interrogation equals torture?
You get the best results if the interrogee perceives you as their ally - that's why good cop bad cop works so well.
With a human shit stain like FY we can bet that he'd sell out his employers if he thinks there is a realistic chance of getting away unscathed.

My questions to him are: Describe the temple including the non-public parts, describe the security measures, who guards the place, where do they keep the research, who are the movers and shakers, how many of those child soldiers do they have, how come he hasn't made a move to get to the lucrative secrets himself.

And we should set up a container interior to look like an actual interrogation room. That will rise his hopes that we are actually bound by rules...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <12-01-15/1343:43> »
Mark is very good at con, if that helps with interogation then fine. Honestly OOC I have no idea how to interogate people it always seem to me beat the crap out of them until they confess everything. ;)

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <12-01-15/1348:48> »
@ Jack_Spade:
True that, but I'm not sure he'll fall for it.
I mean, the dude just got shot, at the beginning he didn't even resist. (Not that I'm wrong with Cinder shooting him, very glad you did), so he's probably aware that he won't get a
And he went as far as murdering an innocent girl in front of two "police officers".

But you're probably right, asking him the polite way first is definitely worth a try.

Oh, by the way: Can we (or Mark, I suppose) find out what kind of cyberware he's using? We should get rid of cameras etc.
« Last Edit: <12-01-15/1359:03> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <12-01-15/1356:33> »
We can get 3 marks on all his cyberware while he is out, we can even temporary disable his cyberware with format device action. It will mean that without a guy like Mark spending several hours fixing his ware it will not work if he tries to run or somthing.

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <12-01-15/1359:31> »
Ok great.
« Last Edit: <12-01-15/1402:12> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <12-02-15/1532:27> »
The cyberdeck is a full-blown Renraku Tsurugi.

The cyberware he's using basically are battle-related. He has cybereyes, though, so he might have a camera included. On the other hand he can only film by going online with his eyes himself (since you took his link and deck) which would mean that he would oppose his very eyes to bricking.

Most of his cyberware is offline at the moment, so you can't disable, for example, his wired reflexes.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <12-02-15/1541:06> »
wow a 200k deck? this run just got  lot more profitable.

I wrote in IC Mark will look for who is FY, who does he work for ? what kind of job it is, who are his contacts friends relatives, what is his schedule for the next weeks, his hobbies likes and dislikes lover? cat? I'll ask more when I have some straw to grab.

« Last Edit: <12-02-15/1543:10> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <12-03-15/0133:31> »
I didn't actually intend you to strip FY when I generated him as an opponent for the Street Scum group ;)

Good! I guess I can set up a post in the afternoon.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <12-03-15/0303:18> »
Well Mark will not object...  if he manage to put his claws on the deck he'll be able to brick miss Jhonson's comlink when we meet her again. For hacking his RCC is sufficient - the real limitation is lack of attack actions. Data spikes with high attack are really fun.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <12-03-15/1650:41> »
Anything about FY from hacking his hardware? Perhaps something to help us in the investigation?

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <12-04-15/0121:19> »
ah, yeah, sorry, I forgot about the data research. I'll get the post up asap

EDIT: How did you fix up FY? Are his hands bound? His neck? His legs?
« Last Edit: <12-04-15/0123:41> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <12-04-15/0130:26> »
His hands are cuffed to the metal chair and the metal chair is bolted to the floor (We might get into trouble with the hotel owner later  ::) )
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <12-06-15/0246:37> »
Okay, here is what you can reconstruct from his deck. It's not easy, since there is barely anything legal, but from personal files and with some reason, you can basically reconstruct, who he is.

Frozen Yoghurt was born as Tilmarin Theofain in Cara'sir, Tir Tairngire. He was raised up by his father Ylvanel and his loving wife Mara. Here some snippets from his memoires:

"I guess, I had a quite ordinary life until I was 16. I was above-average good-looking, above-average clever, above-average nimble, had above-average expections to my life (which were fulfilled so far) and did above-average looking girls. I wouldn’t say my life went absolutely regularly (my sister started doing drugs when I was 11 and she was 16, and despite all their efforts, my parents lost hold of her. Within two years she was gone and never to be seen again), but whose life is?
When the old regime was overthrown, my father chose to leave Tir Tairngire. An elven democracy was too much to bear for him. We moved to the UCAS. Thus, we still were in a democracy but who could a lower race blame for maintaining a lower form of political system?
Now this is the moment where you’d wait for the traumatic experience that made me be a shadowrunner. How my mum was raped and my father made watch only to be executed before my eyes. How they burned down my house, no, the whole city and I was the only survivor, blinded by tears of rage?
Nup. There wasn’t a thing like that. As I said, I was always above-average, and as it is you get above-average nuyen if you do below-average legal stuff. First I bough a deck and I started doing some cyber crimes. Stealing a file for someone here, deleting compromising photos there. Then slowly the fish grew bigger. I learned how to shoot and started to be watchout boy for shadowy activities. Step by step I came into the business, earned many and rep, enhanced myself, grew better and better.
First I started with the Street Name Pointy Ears but this one didn’t last long. Too uncreative, I guess. It was given to me by one of my first Johnson’s, a mean bastard through and through: Frozen Yoghurt, somehow referring to me a) hardly ever smiling and b) turning milk into yoghurt if doing so nonetheless.
After a while, Frozen Yoghurt became a brand for thourough work. I became quite righ and had a good life. Then I decided to take the next step. I went straight to Ares with an offer to work for them whatever they needed me to do for two conditions: First, erase all illegal stains on my white vest, and second, give me a hell of a lot of cash.
They accepted, and for a while I was contacts man for Ares, but then they realized I could do more. They equipped me with pheromones and inserted me as a mule to Ingram."

You can tell, however, that this is how he sees himself. Deep inside, he's a deeply traumatized person. He is obsessed with art and violence, he stores recordings of girls he rapes and tortures to death, but there are also videos of him being bullied and tortured by class-mates, other teenagers and other people around him. He was an unsecure person to start with, and as time went be, he became a psycho.

This is when he decided to go to India for a job. He became obsessed by spiritualism and started to look up for infos on buddhism, hinduism, spiritualism and a bunch of other -isms that don't really fit in there. After a while, he decided to go to Nepal where he found Sai Baba's people. From there on, there are hardly any recordings. From messages he exchanges you can see, that he was more and more inclined to swallowed the temple people's propaganda and that he has been recruited. Frozen Yoghurt spent at least 4 or 5 years in the services of the temple. By now, he must be a hybrid of religious fanatic and an ordinary psychopath.

[spoiler]Feel free to ask more questions. I might add something myself, when I don't have to catch a train ASAP.
« Last Edit: <12-07-15/0547:13> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #58 on: <12-08-15/0438:03> »
Okay, here is some more data on him.

He had some friends back in North America, but he basically cut all connections loose when he came to Nepal. Here, he devoted his whole life to Shree Yela Sai Baba and his followers. His view on the world is a very disturbing combination of the Right of the Strongest, pure sadism, the knowledge to be and know something higher than the vermin that crawl over the world's surface, and unreflected fanatism. As such, he is being used somehow like a bloodhound. Once unleashed, even for the temple people it's difficult to control Frozen Yoghurt (as you can reconstruct from messages you read), but they rely on him when the milk turns sour. He doesn't really have insight in what's going on in the interior, but he's definitely aware that this is not an ordinary temple.

He's got a sickening hobby. You find movies, recorded by his own cybereyes. In these movies, he chases girls, sometimes over hours. The hunt is masterfully cut to impose drama, thrill and, in your case, the strong urge to puke. After chasing them down until they have no strength to flee, he starts torturing and abusing them, recording every filthy detail, before he finishes them off. The original sounds of the videos is almost muted, only faintly can you hear the screams and beggings. In the foreground, there is classical music: Beethoven, Mozart or maybe spontaneous compositions from one of those semi-AI-composers that grew so popular about a decade ago.

He doesn't have a cat.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <12-08-15/0929:26> »
Some other ideas:
Does he have any scheduled meetings this week?
any formal duties or events he need to attend? who was the last person that contacted him?
« Last Edit: <12-08-15/0932:11> by gilga »