NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <08-22-15/1647:26> »
@Minnie - "I am not sure" said Jimmy, maybe a week ago... they are not so bad. Soy chocolate... nothing like the real thing tough but who has chocolate nowadays." His voice is low when he say it and he finds it difficult to look at you. He looks at you for a few moments as if waiting for some miracle, before he asks one of the waiters to cover for him for a short while. "Going out for some air... " he mumbles half to you half to himself. If Minnie wants to examine the Jar she might get a few moments unnoticed if she sticks at the bar.

« Last Edit: <08-22-15/1700:46> by gilga »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <08-22-15/1659:36> »
Yulia forced her tail to behave and not wrap itself around her body, but she could feel her ears drooping and couldn't quite get them to behave.  Frag it, she thought.  What is wrong with me?  She concentrated on the jar as she continued to search her feelings.  Should she chase after the boy?  Wait for him to come back?  Could she trust him to leave it just at dancing and fun company?  Could she trust herself?  She'd never just dated a boy in her life.  If she was flubbing up courtship this bad, how could she expect to keep a date at arm's lengths?

And the jar continued to look totally innocent.  She must have imagined it, but yet she couldn't get out of her mind that there had been movement at the bottom.  In frustration at Jimmy, herself, and the jar she decided to cut to the chase.  She lifted off the lid and stuck her hand deep into the jar to fish out a piece from the very bottom...
« Last Edit: <08-22-15/1701:30> by Shaman_Yuri »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <08-22-15/1705:12> »
@Minnie one of the candies feels a bit different to the touch, cold, metalic. You grab it and notice it is horizon eye. A very old model of what is now known as horizion flying eye, the most common security drone in the market. The horizon eye looks basically the same but it cannot fly, instead it can only hover close to the ground. The drone is turned off right now.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <08-22-15/1715:10> »
Well hello, little one, she mumbled to herself as she marveled at the thing, turning it this way and that in her left hand.  She was no expert in tech and half of her suspected it was dead now only because she touched it.  Still, she was sure Athos, or maybe Artee, might be able to figure out what it was about.  Was it here to spy at Gino?  Athos?  Someone else?

Still conflicted over the disquieting situation with Jimmy, she returned the lid atop the jar and made her way back to her group and the waiting breakfast.  She was focused now, not to mention a little insecure, and so the Humanis twits and other patrons didn't get a show this time.

Arriving back at her table she slipped back into her space, pushing aside the cat's legs if she didn't make space for her.  She then held up the drone.  "Any idea what this is about?  It was the bonus prize in the candy jar over there at the bar."  She indicated with her head in that discretion.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #49 on: <08-22-15/1745:51> »
Arte chuckles as Minnie takes her seat.  "You think I'm cruel to you?  I could stand to take lessons!  Poor fella."

Her brow furrows as she focuses on the small drone, not hearing whatever protests the mouse shot back at her.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <08-22-15/1801:22> »
"Frag you, damn Cat," Yulia responded, but the energy in the barb was weak.  Seeing that Artee seemed to have the little drone in hand, literally and figuratively, and Athos was still digging into his breakfast, she decided she wasn't hungry and rose back from the booth.  She'd left her cranberry juice unfinished at the counter when she'd discovered the little gadget.  She couldn't waste something that valuable, right?  Who knew when she'd taste real cranberry again?  And if she was still there sipping it when Jimmy got back from his break...

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <08-22-15/1809:51> »
Artie watches Minnie head back to the counter and shoots Athos a wink.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <08-22-15/2006:22> »
Athos just shakes his head without saying anything.  Artie could really hammer away at things she knew would set Minnie off.  He does not understand either of them.  One for dishing it out and the other for taking it.  His train of thought is interrupted by a shadow falling across his food and a voice saying, "Hey.  Yeah, you.  The one with the weeks worth of food on the table.  Easy to see wh............."

The Humanis thug had forgotten at least two of the most important rules about Troll baiting.  One:  Never do it while he is eating.  Two:  Never, ever, ever, do it within reach of the Troll's arms.  Athos flung his massive arm out with a speed that belied his bulk and grabbed the young punk at the throat.  Squeezing gently so as not to snap the ganger's neck he brought the man to a within a few inches of his face before looking up at him.  Opening his mouth he showed the trembling thug his huge incisors, saying  "It is not polite to slur someone while they are eating.  I would expect a bit of privacy and politeness from you while we are in this very nice restaurant.  Now go tell Clem that you broke Gino's rules and get your punishment from him.  I do not think he will be appreciative that you have risked his daily pasta feast."

Athos gently places the man on his feet and releases his grip.  "And you might want to change your fancy pants as well.  It smells like you have soiled them.  Now please go and leave us alone."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #53 on: <08-22-15/2010:05> »
"Be glad he really likes Gino, else they'd be scraping you off the floor!" Artie called out to the retreating youth.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <08-22-15/2023:59> »
Yulia glanced back at the commotion from her stool at the bar, delicious red beverage in hand.  "Dumbass," she muttered under her breath before taking another sip.  I guess I'll have to sashay a little more if I'm going to get them to let Athos and Arty walk out without trouble.  I'll have this motley crew trailing after me like barking puppy dogs, no worries. She smirked as she took another sip.  Stupid people are stupid.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <08-22-15/2032:44> »
Athos chuckles.  "The kid just needs to grow up a bit.  I hope the shadows allow him to."

He digs in with a Troll's appetite and whittles away at the pile of food, checking every now and again to see if Jimmy comes back to speak to Minnie.  Once it looks like the boy might take a while, Athos finishes his breakfast and stands up.  He leaves a large tip for the service and catches Yulia's eye, nodding his head at the door. 
« Last Edit: <08-22-15/2114:54> by Mercy Merchant »

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <08-22-15/2047:05> »
Artie takes a closer look at the mini-drone and the shrugs, wrapping it up in several napkins.  Then, she fishes another device from her bag and wraps it into a larger ball with the drone.

She glances up at Athos, who watches with some curiosity.

"It's a white noise generator.  I've turned it on low, but now the drone shouldn't see or hear, since they are touching.  And I'll just keep them in my bag for now."

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <08-22-15/2102:52> »
Yulia sighed as she saw Athos give the signal.  It was getting late, though.  She looked sadly toward the back, but it couldn't be helped.  She grabbed a pen and quickly jotted down a matrix address on a napkin and slipped it behind the candy jar where Jimmy couldn't help but see it when he got back.  Smiling at the waiter covering the bar, she slipped back to their table to grab the omelette that had been put in a take-away bag and ran after her two departing colleagues.  She spared a glance back to make sure the Humanis goons were staying put and, while a few looked unhappy, their leader seemed to be keeping them in check.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <08-22-15/2110:21> »
@Yulia The minutes pass and you do not see that Jimmy return. When you finish carefully examining the drone, you can see that many of the Humanis seem to have left the restaurant.

@All - you do not see anything out of the ordinary when you leave, however the Huminis that are leaving now seem to be in a hurry to do so. They do not even provoke you.

« Last Edit: <08-22-15/2117:15> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <08-22-15/2120:16> »
Athois stands in the lot and ponders.  "Hey, you two.  Does it seem that these bums are leaving rather quickly?  I don't think I scared them that much.  And didn't Jimmy disappear right after talking to you, Yulia?  Can either of you sense him in the area?"