NEWS

GenCon 2015

• 45 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-03-15/2310:19> »
Yep, but very much in general. I'd love to see more SotA supplements...think the e-book format would lend itself really well there.

An aside, Jason made specific comment re the roadmap he's laid out...first time he's had the chance to do that (iirc). Kind of excited to see what might be coming down the pipe. ;D

Finn

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <08-03-15/2321:47> »
Thanks Tek I missed that part.

Any word on the Hostile Takeover board game from 2014? Or is it dead.

Recorded by Dave N; Shadowrun content (Jason Hardy) start as 10:15 in.

Sprawl Gangers & Hostile Takeover (41:10)
  • Target ETA for Hostile Takeover is GTS (March 2016)
    • Game development is done…now are final production stage(s)
  • Sprawl Gangers is skirmish game / campaign component
    • Biggest hurdle has been (and remains) miniature manufacturing
      • Lessons from Leviathans was the need to understand how and doing the miniatures “yourself” vs being dependent on third parties who have no vested interest in “your’ property
      • CGL is now ramping up to “learn” plastics themselves for all properties (ST, BT, Leviathans, etc.)
    • Rules are in good shape

Target ETA for Hostile Takeover is GTS (March 2016)
Sorry, I replaced 1/4 of my brain with a VCR, I only speak Rigger now.

Finn

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <08-03-15/2323:16> »
Yep, but very much in general. I'd love to see more SotA supplements...think the e-book format would lend itself really well there.

An aside, Jason made specific comment re the roadmap he's laid out...first time he's had the chance to do that (iirc). Kind of excited to see what might be coming down the pipe. ;D

Gimme Mah Riggah Book!   :P

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #18 on: <08-04-15/0740:14> »

NO! Bad Finn! Rigger books are only published at the END of an edition... ;P

Gimme Mah Riggah Book!   :P
NO! Bad Finn! Rigger books are only published at the END of an edition...  :o

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-04-15/0950:53> »
Which is why I wanted it to be the FIRST out. Shadowrun 5: Breakin' ALL the paradigms! :D

I'd be QUITE happy to do some SOTA books, as well as several PDF books. I'd love to gradually produce stuff akin to teh Neo-Anarchist and Shadowbeat books ... virtually no crunch, but gobs of fluff, in lil' packets. Things like "Hot bands of 2077" just ain't gonna move in a game store, but as a PDF, there could be a market just large enough to make a small profit. Maybe.

What *I'd* like to do is a series like our 10 Blanks (10 Gangs, 10 Mercs, etc), but call it "10,000 words on Blank", so there'd be a set size for the PDF that everyone knew that they'd be getting. I shoulda brought that up at the meeting. Hrm. Regardless, "10,000 words on Blank" would be a PDF series about topics that can't carry a book by themselves, but would flesh some stuff out. Let the assorted writers let their babies run wild and free.

For instance, "10,000 Words on Education", where we'd talk about the public education system in Shadowrun, the private, and the corp, or "10,000 Words on the music industry" where we'd talk about the transition from chip stores of old (man, go look at the old Sprawl Sites book and marvel!) to modern Matrix systems, as well as a listing of musical trends and hot bands. Who knows? Maybe we'd get a dozen of them together, plus a few never-before-seen ones, and bundle 'em into a book later on.

I dunno.

I need to put together some formal proposals for things. We'll see!

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-04-15/1114:49> »
If they're looking for volunteer assistance with the digital ToC then where do I sign up

Dragonborne

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <08-04-15/1252:36> »
I think vehicle mods need some lovin. As well as the state of the battle bike circuit and the like.

Starglyte

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <08-04-15/2302:56> »
Looking forward to the Corp Handbook and the Hard Target book. I would love to see an fifth edition update to Neo-Tokyo/Japan along the lines that the Sioux Nation got, but Morocco sounds interesting. Was there any mention of the Seattle Box set?

Finn

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <08-04-15/2334:57> »
When I heard about the Tarot Cards my mind went straight to here.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <08-05-15/0003:34> »
For me the Tarot took me to Turtle in the Tower by Ken St. Andre from Into The Shadows ROC edition. The new Tarot had better reference Flutterbye's deck.

Or better yet how many of the character descriptions from all the novels can we fir into the major arcana? Will the tower reference the Night of Rage?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <08-05-15/1601:28> »
No mention of the Seattle box set, unfortunately.

Finn

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <08-06-15/1209:17> »
For me the Tarot took me to Turtle in the Tower by Ken St. Andre from Into The Shadows ROC edition. The new Tarot had better reference Flutterbye's deck.

Or better yet how many of the character descriptions from all the novels can we fir into the major arcana? Will the tower reference the Night of Rage?

Ah yeah I forgot about that story. I'm really excited to see the annotated version from the Hong Kong backer awards.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <08-06-15/2042:01> »
Which is why I wanted it to be the FIRST out. Shadowrun 5: Breakin' ALL the paradigms! :D

I'd be QUITE happy to do some SOTA books, as well as several PDF books. I'd love to gradually produce stuff akin to teh Neo-Anarchist and Shadowbeat books ... virtually no crunch, but gobs of fluff, in lil' packets. Things like "Hot bands of 2077" just ain't gonna move in a game store, but as a PDF, there could be a market just large enough to make a small profit. Maybe.

What *I'd* like to do is a series like our 10 Blanks (10 Gangs, 10 Mercs, etc), but call it "10,000 words on Blank", so there'd be a set size for the PDF that everyone knew that they'd be getting. I shoulda brought that up at the meeting. Hrm. Regardless, "10,000 words on Blank" would be a PDF series about topics that can't carry a book by themselves, but would flesh some stuff out. Let the assorted writers let their babies run wild and free.

For instance, "10,000 Words on Education", where we'd talk about the public education system in Shadowrun, the private, and the corp, or "10,000 Words on the music industry" where we'd talk about the transition from chip stores of old (man, go look at the old Sprawl Sites book and marvel!) to modern Matrix systems, as well as a listing of musical trends and hot bands. Who knows? Maybe we'd get a dozen of them together, plus a few never-before-seen ones, and bundle 'em into a book later on.

I dunno.

I need to put together some formal proposals for things. We'll see!

I know that I'd buy them...all of them... ;)

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <08-06-15/2055:59> »
This is probably asking for too much but is there any chance the Technomancer book could be on par with Data Trails and available in hard copy? I am very excited about the slew of upcoming products but I have to admit that I am disappointed to see Technomancers being treated as second class matrix citizens. They deserve equal attention, especially if Riggers are getting a hard copy.

I'm also really eager to get my hands on a hard copy vehicle book. Will the Rigger book have a large variety of vehicles?
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <08-07-15/1806:16> »
I think the the technomancer book is slated as a PDF, though quite happy to be proven wrong. ;) I will ask the question to see if we can get some clarity.