NEWS

Origins

• 29 Replies

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #15 on: <06-06-15/1625:34> »
Dice are con only exclusives

Which really sucks when you are physically unable to attend cons.  That is, if there were even any cons in your country.

edited because post I was replying to was on previous page
« Last Edit: <06-07-15/0954:35> by Sterling »
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #16 on: <06-06-15/1734:16> »
I was lucky enough to grab two boxes of the Shadowrun dices Pegasus produced when SR4A was released. Unfortunately it seems they are rather hard to find nowadays.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #17 on: <06-07-15/0344:39> »
They really should sell those dice online. So many people hunger for them! My 11 ain't enough! (Lost one somewhere)
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <06-07-15/0837:37> »
As much as I like the bricks (well, small packages) of dice, these are far more intriguing (IMHO):

I'm hoping that my Con Ninja (aka friend at the show) was able to pick some of these up for me... 8)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #19 on: <06-08-15/1709:40> »
Crossfire Expansion:  Hoping to have it by Gen Con.  Going to have a bunch of new cards all around, and will include two new Role cards, which will be hybrids of existing roles.  I believe they are something like Social Adept (Red/Blue mix) and Combat Rigger (Green/Black mix), but I'm not 100% positive on those.  The expansion will NOT include rules for 5-6 players though, it just adds new roles to give more options.  Expanding for more players is something being discussed for a future expansion though.

Dice:  I really wish we sold dice (and the shirts, mugs, cups, shot glasses, etc) through our website.  I think we don't for logistical and storage reasons.  It's easy enough to order up a single batch of dice and store a few boxes in someones house, and bring them to the cons.  Stocking and shipping dice year round is another matter.  But I agree that it would be awesome if we did.

The Q-Workshop dice are really neat too, though I've always found Q-W's dice to be a bit "busy" for my taste.  They're really pretty, but all the funky designs can make them a little harder to read.  With the SR dice though, they have a distinct design for the 1's side (The Shadowrun Dragon Skull) and the 5's and 6's (as shown here), and the 2-4 sides have a less distinct design with the numbers more prominent on them.  So picking out Hits (the 5's and 6's) and potential Glitches (1's) is pretty easy.

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <06-08-15/1733:03> »
I really wish we sold dice (and the shirts, mugs, cups, shot glasses, etc) through our website.  I think we don't for logistical and storage reasons.

Why not allow Q-W to sell SR dice on their website? Or maybe the decision would be in Topps' hands as it would be a sub licence?
(I know it's not your decision Bull, I'm just thinking aloud ^^)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #21 on: <06-09-15/0303:22> »
I think Licensing factors in somehow here as well.  Every time someone else gets involved, Topps is also involved. 

Granted, keep in mind this is purely a guess on my part.  I'm not involved in the proccess at all and don't fully understand how it all works.  I know there's a lot involved with everything we do, and not everything is an option, even if we wanted to do it.
« Last Edit: <06-09-15/0305:20> by Bull »

Marzhin

• Omae
(Groucho Marx)

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <06-19-15/1147:09> »
Took me a while to figure out the patterns, but the fact that they've got distinct imagery for 1s, and 5s and 6s is good. That these are not more distinctive is perhaps something I'd want to mention. I'd personally have preferred it if the 1s, and 5s and 6s were different colours from the base.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <06-19-15/1236:23> »
Man, you take some time to move your family and look what happens ;)

Super happy to see this...I was able to get 45 of these bad boys (15 of each color) but very pleased to see that they will be available through normal channels. Though they does mean the group buy isn't needed any more... 8)

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <06-20-15/2129:49> »
Is there a distinction between the 5 and 6 patterns?  I can't quite tell looking at the pic and it would matter for when you pre-Edge.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Hargrim

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #26 on: <06-21-15/0843:46> »
Is there a distinction between the 5 and 6 patterns?  I can't quite tell looking at the pic and it would matter for when you pre-Edge.

According to this, patterns are the same, numbers are different:

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <06-21-15/1321:59> »
Ahh, I couldn't see the small 5s and 6s in the image from the link.  No worries then.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <06-21-15/2255:46> »
Will they be at GenCon and how many boxes will you be allowed to buy. (Since SR uses 6lbs of 6 siders at a time I really thin k that should be a fair & legal amount to buy at any one time. :P )
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <06-22-15/1323:22> »
Based on the press release, I believe that sales will be handled by Q-workshop; the plan is to have them available for GenCon. I know that at Origins, they limited sales to 5 per person...I'm guessing that they main driver will be how many they have on hand. You might also be able to get them from Q-workshop direct, who typically have a booth as well.