NEWS

Pain and Gain [OOC]

• 616 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #585 on: <06-23-16/0238:55> »
yeah, just replace "Valmont" with x, whereas x stands for any person that fits the scheme.
I think her husband might actually be in a good position. Questions is whether or not Torrent could impersonate him well enough. On the other hand, in a rush of seconds, with her head somewhere else, she'll hardly be able to realize what's going on in a matter of seconds.

Where is he atm? We can't do this if he's around anywhere, or we'd risk having to Thorins running around. In that case, Commander Verres could do the trick, although I guess he wouldn't just appear out of thin air, if it really was him, but would arrive with more, well, uhm, presence, if you catch me.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #586 on: <06-23-16/0932:39> »
The husband is currently in the main hall, talking with a bunch of boating enthusiasts
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #587 on: <06-24-16/0630:02> »
Maybe a  message from "Verres" that he and Eliza must talk on the phone ASAP could do the trick?

Eliza will probably  choose the Media Room for that kind of conversation since she'll need privacy.

I'm trying to come up with an idea regarding the agent. We'll probably have to intercept him before we get to Eliza.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #588 on: <06-26-16/0856:37> »
Good thinking. Catch is: What if she doesn't actually choose the media room but goes, say, outside instead. In that case, we do not only fail this attempt but also draw a lot of attention if Verres doesn't actually answer the phone.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #589 on: <06-26-16/0934:53> »
I'm still here, just patiently watching.

two quick questions:
1. The media room is in the adjoined pool-house, correct?
2. If not, could we have "security" tell her that there is a disturbance in the pool house that requires her presence?
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #590 on: <06-26-16/1246:15> »
You all are in the pool house and the media room is the highest place in the house.
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #591 on: <06-26-16/1846:10> »
Danke
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #592 on: <06-27-16/0351:59> »
So, now we have the agent (thanks Jack, I was stuck because I was trying to figure out a plan that wouldn't draw attention to the serving staff )

What are we doing with Eliza?

@Volker : It would be great if we could  gain access to the drones, it would make our escape much easier. You should decide if it is worth the risk.

@GM : I keep my eyes (and ears) open in case someone-verbally- gives any kind of    orders to the drones. Perception: 10d6t5 2

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #593 on: <06-27-16/0553:42> »
Some of the drones have reacted and come closer, but no-one has given any commands.

You can expect Valmont to throw a fit again - but probably not right now.
But in any case you probably should act right now while this disturbance is resolved

And yes, getting access to the drones would be the best bet, as you still need a way to bypass the drones on the upper floors.
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #594 on: <07-06-16/1243:04> »
So ronery, so ronery, and sadry arone.....
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #595 on: <07-13-16/0600:26> »
Ok,

we are at the end of Sins of the Fathers, with a few open questions and a new powerful enemy for the team.

Personally, I'm not entirely happy with the ending and player participation. This could be a consequence of summer time and a lack on my behalf to create enough RP opportunities for every character equally, but maybe it's also just normal PbP fatigue setting in.

In any case, the next game will start sometime in September/October. I'll open this one up for new players wanting to join and see were it leads.

I'll wait until the weekend to set the finishing post, so you can get another post in yourself.

For this final stretch of play you all gain 12 Karma. The pay data on the high class assassin service will be worth about 60.000 Nuyen to KE. Unsurprisingly, they don't act on that immediately, but start their own investigation to get some evidence that will hold up in court and in front of the press.

Likewise Commander Verres will start to hunt for the team in earnest. Everyone involved on that Run has gained the Wanted negative Quality.

Stay tuned for "Panzerknacker"  8)
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #596 on: <07-13-16/0748:09> »
Is haadalia still in the team? You haven't posted for weeks...
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #597 on: <07-13-16/0922:26> »
I would like to formally express my apologies for my part in the lack of posting.  Not finding a way to contribute is not a valid excuse.  Nor is it my own creative energies and capacoties whilst working and going to school full time on each.  I have committed a disservice to this story, and honestly would not have argued if a call to eject Krestov was made.

That being said, I'll at least attempt to finish strong and endeavor to get something out today

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #598 on: <07-13-16/1319:04> »
Character sheet updated.

According to what is available from the profile, hadaalia's last post was in May so no idea there. Maybe summer vacation/work/camp stuff?

Speaking of that, unless Bluebird appears in the next few days, Slobbertooth is going to go ahead and pocket the money he owed her as services were never really rendered. If she does reappear then payments from the paydata sale will be handed out in the following way:

- Torrent gets 19k from the paydata sale
 - Krestov gets 19k from the paydata sale
 - bnc gets 19k from the paydata sale
 - Bluebird gets 16k from Slobbertooth, and 3k from the paydata sale. 5 to 10k of that is given back to slobbertooth to start paying-off the bobble.

If she doesn't reappear then payments from the paydata sale will be split in the following way.

- Torrent gets 20k
 - Krestov gets 20k
 - bnc gets 20k
& We have a 100,000k nuyen bobble on our hands that we can't use, and lets two awakened assassins easily track us.

Plan for Character advancement: Looks like I singled out Way of the Warrior as the way the character would progress forward after this. Let me check and make sure that still makes sense, and whether I even have enough Karma for it. Ugh, nevermind. It would cost 40 Karma. That's not worth it.
« Last Edit: <07-13-16/2355:42> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #599 on: <07-14-16/0120:29> »
The ways aren't doubling their cost after char gen - just like martial arts. So feel free to get that path :)
talk think matrix