NEWS

Question about Smoke-and-Mirrors program. Is this a must have program?

• 76 Replies

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #75 on: <07-18-15/1447:30> »
As it is,Smoke and Mirrors is completely overpowered compare to every other program.
The cyberprogram is perfectly balanced if you rule that it "increases the cyberdeck’s Sleaze attribute between 1 and 5 (user’s choice) to any tests performed with the deck".

The cyberprogram is only unbalanced if you rule that it "increases the cyberdeck's Sleaze attribute between 1 and 5 (user’s choice) to any tests performed with the deck and any test performed against the deck using the program".

yaminsoul

• Newb
« Reply #76 on: <07-18-15/1649:47> »
Um no, can't say I agree with that. No other program comes close to smoke and mirrors for what it can do, especially since noise reduction just got cheap and easy.

See several dockers on this site who 'only' need this program to make a com link into a mid deck for sleaze or the guys who 22-24 dice at character to avoid being noticed.

Show me a reasonable counter argument involving ANY other program. Closest are virtual machine or fork but they aren't in the same league for power and 1 has a real downside and other very nitch.

For me programs seem supposed to be nice boosts not game breaking or archetype enablers