NEWS

Thomas Roxborough and cloning

• 51 Replies

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <06-07-15/1330:54> »
Well, you can replace all of your own limbs, bones and organs with spare parts taken from your own full-body clone. Since mere transplants (not bioware) don't cost Essence, the sky is the limit. Changing every part of the whole is pretty much changing the whole.
OK, the tit-for-tat way obviously works, but I was thinking about doing the complete overhaul all in one. Say some killer AI sends out buzzsaw-equipped drones to hunt heads and stick them on new bodies ;)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <06-10-15/0027:13> »
OK, the tit-for-tat way obviously works, but I was thinking about doing the complete overhaul all in one. Say some killer AI sends out buzzsaw-equipped drones to hunt heads and stick them on new bodies ;)

Oh, god...that brings back some memories of the Renraku Arcology, and some of the artwork in that campaign book. Now I need some brain bleach!  :-\

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #17 on: <06-10-15/1828:56> »
I was reminded of Half-Life 2 and its buzzer drones, but of course every feasible nightmare in drone form came out of the SCIRE
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

cyclopean

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <06-24-15/0007:36> »
what is the origin of the beef between Alice and Roxborough? I've been using him as a secretive villain (funding some creepy cybermancy programs), and the runners just recently uncovered his name, and are digging into his past. So time for me to learn more too....

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <06-24-15/0207:04> »
Short form is that he unleashed teh Crash Virus onto teh INternet. Alice was a part of Echo Mirage and the Virus killed her. An entity that calls itself Alice later sprung up and has haunted Roxy ever since, proclaiming that "He knows why" and bedevilling him at every turn, ESPECIALLY when he tries to get out of the tank.

She may have died during Crash 2.0. She might have become Cerebus. She might be connected in some way to something in 10 AIs. No one knows for certain, yet.

But if she *is* gone, then no one's holding Roxy back...

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <06-24-15/0525:56> »
10 AIs? Is this a new book on the Horizon (pun very much intended :) )?

And having just read System Failure, I'd be surprised if Alice is still... "alive". Unlike the other entities and/or people who were hit by Jormungand and ended up in a grey, featureless place, Alice was seemingly torn apart. I believe a phrase stating something like "before blackness closed around her and everything she was ceased to be" was used. I specifically took note of this, because the others all had some sort of experience after the Crash in a grey area, while Alice just ceased to be.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #21 on: <06-24-15/0640:04> »
Only to reform as something else???

You can never truely delete the digitial.....😈
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <06-24-15/0651:55> »
Possible, but I'm not sure I'd call it probable.

The common thread in the fiction is the grey, featureless locale the personalities described are, presumably, written to by the JackBNimble program. The Captain Chaos backup, for lack of a better term, seemingly had a flaw in the recompile process, as the imprint was self-aware unlike the others. But the Alice snippet showed no signs of her imprint being stored at all, as her story ends on the note that she's going down the rabbit hole.

I guess time will tell. I for one fervently hope she's still around in some way, shape, or form.

cyclopean

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <06-24-15/2034:24> »
Thanks for the info! I'm looking forward to 10 AI's, whenever it actually comes out

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #24 on: <06-24-15/2302:58> »
Has been out for quite a while.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #25 on: <06-25-15/0043:13> »

10 AIs? It's been in development for a while, but I haven't heard of it being released.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <06-25-15/0057:11> »

10 AIs? It's been in development for a while, but I haven't heard of it being released.
Indeed. It's still in the pipeline.

But if she *is* gone, then no one's holding Roxy back...
That's not entirely true.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #27 on: <06-25-15/0746:34> »
*headsmacks*  That's what I get for referring to my own damn computer.  Tha's it, I'ma goin' ta bed.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <06-26-15/0244:06> »
Yeah, I wasn't on teh Data Trails team, so I should probably eyeball it, figure out the current AI rules, and make everything align (unless the upper-chair peeps have already done that, of course!) Some of the stuff in there has been referenced in other books, since I did it a few years ago, so some passages in Shadowtalk that you may have stared at will make sense. (Of course, it's entirely possible that everyone's just glossed over them. That works too!)

I'm not authorized to talk about what's in there tho. Heck, I couldn't even say the name. :) Once it's up and out, I'll try and have a lil' Q&A period where people can ask me stuff. Obviously, I can't answer some of it because of metaplot reasons or the like, but where I can, I'll be happy to. Y'all can feel free to speculate until then, tho!

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <06-26-15/0643:46> »
Hey Wakshaani, is Deus "alive"? How about Morgan/Maegera and/or Mirage?

:D