NEWS

I think Drones shouldn't become much more durable

• 66 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <06-22-15/2210:44> »
True... but you can't deny that a Bumblebee with twin repeating lasers would be rather hilarious.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #61 on: <06-23-15/1519:09> »
Here's hoping Rigger re-introduces non-conductive mods for vehicles.  :)

-k

NoxMortem

• Newb
« Reply #62 on: <06-24-15/0632:00> »
Body 4 drone has 10 boxes
Actually it only has 8 boxes. (Sorry if this was already somewhere answered in this thread, i just felt this is a very important point regarding the survivability of drones)

Page 199
As most vehicles are a bit less squishy than metahumans, they have a Condition Monitor equal to 12 plus half their Body (rounded up), they ignore Stun damage (though electricity-based attacks are considered Physical Damage
to vehicles), and any attack where the modified DV does not exceed the Armor of the vehicle does nothing. Drones are a different story and have a Condition Monitor equal to 6 plus half their Body.

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <07-14-15/0311:21> »
Drones are far too fragile. Ares Alpha with APDS will one-shot a Doberman, three Duelists, a rotodrone, and freak the technomancer standing next to the rigger's body when there's a sudden sizzle and smoke due to said rigger being jumped into the last. Even without the nice ammo, there's not enough dice pool to stay functioning after even one shot, with just one net hit.

That put me off playing a combat rigger. Might try again when Rigger 5 book comes out. You just can't make enough on Missions runs to cover that kind of loss rate.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

MawileParty

• Newb
« Reply #64 on: <07-14-15/1942:43> »
The current state of drones makes it so that they are almost disposable. You won't often see a rigger in a creepy relationship with his 5 star custom decked out drone.

The idea of starting with one drone and slowly building it better and better over the shadow-career always seemed fun to me. But it really only seems possible with vehicle rigging at the moment.

I'd like to see more power (and expensive) drone options myself.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #65 on: <07-15-15/1042:44> »
they wouldn't be too hard to make more resilient without breaking the game. hardened armour or up-armouring them via mods at a penalty to handling + accel of -x for each +y rating of armour added would be a simple way of doing it.
rigger book will be much appreciated when it drops
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <07-15-15/1156:01> »
Well you can use bikes instead of doobermans and if you have good dodge and are personally controlling the drones it is a good option. The problem is that losing a single drone per run is not sustainable.