NEWS

I think Drones shouldn't become much more durable

• 66 Replies

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <05-19-15/1147:02> »
I don't mind drones being fragile, I mind them be so expensive to fix/replace.

I think the price of drones is about right, but they need to be more durable.

Heh, and this is exactly why there's a need for a discussion between GM and players where rigging is concerned.

Raizer13

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <05-21-15/2153:25> »
I resolved drone fragility by doubling all drone body stats.   (Except the janitorial one).  It seems to be working well.

Prætus

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <06-13-15/2212:45> »
Personally, I tend to treat both vehicle and drone armor as Hardened.

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <06-14-15/0222:08> »

Hardened armor doesn't matter if base damages start at 8P -1 AP for a heavy Pistol vs 4 armor on the two most common 'combat' drones, RotoDrone and Doberman.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #34 on: <06-14-15/0727:10> »

Hardened armor doesn't matter if base damages start at 8P -1 AP for a heavy Pistol vs 4 armor on the two most common 'combat' drones, RotoDrone and Doberman.
speaking as a rigger that has lost drones in combat, EVERY hit counts. so while its not the "magic fix all" to drones being fragile, it does give them another bump out of the one shot dead situation that drones are currently in.

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <06-14-15/1426:46> »
You shouldn't be able to take them down with a pistol.  Plus they are way too expensive to repair to be viable to be a PC drone rigger.

Is 100 nuyen/box on a roto-drone that prohibitive?

Been looking where are the rules for cost of repairing gear?

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #36 on: <06-14-15/1546:00> »
You shouldn't be able to take them down with a pistol.  Plus they are way too expensive to repair to be viable to be a PC drone rigger.

Been looking where are the rules for cost of repairing gear?

Page 143 of Run & Gun, and then corrected on page 4 of the Run & Gun Errata
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <06-14-15/1631:24> »
would these include matrix damage?

living

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <06-14-15/1732:16> »
The Problem with the glass canons is they are one-hit-wonders. If anyone spots a roto drone and shoots with whatever weapon... its likely a damaged beyond repair. you loose the dron + weapon mounted. 20-40k (depending on the weapon) lost...

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #39 on: <06-14-15/1835:19> »
would these include matrix damage?

No, that's in the Core Rulebook, pages 228-9
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <06-14-15/2336:20> »
You know if I couldn't take down army's of drones with my Stick n Shock loaded holdout pistol, I think then technomancers might become more useful as they seem to be particularly well geared towards taking on people with gear, rather than going after hosts and the like.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #41 on: <06-15-15/0650:20> »
actually S&S is excellent to use against drones, a minus to their initiative, and damage. not to mention on average they only have 9 dice to dodge. so you have a very good chance of hitting them with ost die pools

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <06-16-15/1024:21> »

When it has 8 boxes, and gets outright destroyed every time it is fired on, yes.  The cost rapidly becomes prohibitive.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <06-16-15/1029:29> »
Would a possible change be to just make drones have the same amount of boxes as vehicles? This could potentially make them more durable in terms of surviving a single attack, without making them overly robust.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <06-16-15/1044:18> »
Just reduce the repair price to a more manageable level and be done with it. Drones are getting destroyed. That's their main use: To be killed and damaged instead of real (meta)humans.

If you want durable drones, take an androform and let it wear some meta human armor.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex