NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #75 on: <03-24-15/1616:32> »
Feathers pushed hard against the brick wall, his stomach contents making a break for the weak glow of the streetlight from the dark internal compartment of his stomach.
His "lady"friend had long since scarpered, the first retches and coughs putting paid to any plans she had of scratching an itch tonight.
He tried to flag a cab, but his woozy stagger had put off the drivers of the few manned cars still on the roads and the queue for the auto-cabs was massive. Knackered and regretting all the vodka, he slumped on the kerb, chucking up the last few chunks of dinner and vodka into the stale smelling drain.
A few revellers left the club and patted him on the back, laughing and joking at seeing the old boy suffer after a heavy night's drinking with the young bloods.
He woke up feeling like death, no idea how he got home and still fully dressed. A massive crick in his neck painfully resolved itself as he rolled onto his back, an off-colour drool/vomit trail remained on the newly cleaned sheets from where his head had planted itself.
He forced himself to focus on the clock as the daylight streamed painfully into his eyes.
06:12
Too fucking early, and I'm too fucking old for this shit...
He dragged his sorry ass into the shower and dragged a disposable razor across his thick grey stubble as he tried to wash out the night's sins.
His knees had flared up, painful and swollen to touch his mind flashed back to the dancefloor and he groaned as he remembered agreeing to get up and "pull some moves".
He remembered the woman, well kind of, remembered her big hands, her inquisitive big hands and groaned even harder, dry retching at his own stupidity.
I bet those guys think I'm a right old tosser. Come on Tunstall, get your shit together.
Finished in the shower, he popped a batch of anti-inflammatories, painkillers and aspirin and headed down stairs to line his stomach with some caffeine and something stodgy to eat, hoping it'd take the taste of arab's jock-strap out of his mouth.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ElteeDan

• Newb
« Reply #76 on: <03-24-15/1624:59> »
Stahl's mood was quickly souring after his latest message from Hendrick. Nobody had seen Reiner anywhere in his usual hangouts and the tiny voice at the back of Stahl's mind kept insisting something was wrong. Sure, Reiner had fallen off the wagon before, but he eventually showed up either at Stahl's place or at least one of his usual bars. Stahl quickly changed his direction, heading straight for the Stardust club after finding out it's location. He wasn't one to waste time, though without a vehicle it took him much longer to locate the club.

Stahl inspected the outside of the club with a wary eye. He doubted he was dressed appropriately for the ritzy club, but he wasn't about to double back and change his clothes. Stahl loitered across the street, keeping an eye on the club in an effort to get a general layout and feel for the place while also idly shooting a message to Abigail.

>>Abigail, it's me. How's everything there? I might be later than I thought. Got a few errands to run.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #77 on: <03-24-15/2022:27> »
@ Phoenix & Blackhat  The waitress comes over smiling. "I always knew I'd be serving the two of you either together, or competing over the same woman. Both of you always so spiffed up & proper all the time."  She places each of your favorite drinks on the table before you. "Nychella owes me a drink now! She bet you two wouldn't be able to be in the same room together on accounta you two being like as two peas in a pod." She beams at the both of you and then waddles off to collect her winnings.

"Thank you my dear." he replies, and before she goes, "tell me, does this place have a real jukebox? Something where you can actually feel the music?"

Once she answers, he thanks her, and then looks to the White Noise generator. Honestly, Kids these days. shaking his head. "Look, Are you trying to hide something?"
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #78 on: <03-24-15/2035:46> »
To say the experience was an odd one for Arc would have been putting things VERY mildly, the whole salon appointment going by in a small blur.  The shampoo burned a little at her scalp, and the digging and cleaning care along her hands and her feet (oh gods, her feet!) made her recall all the beatings she had endured in her adolescence...almost in a positive light.  The human held her tongue during the painful parts or during Debi's multitude of chidings, opting to simply mutter quiet profanities in Or'Zet so no one would understand her.

Finally, when all was finished, the two were brought before a mirror to take in their appearance.  "...the frag...that can't be us..."  The human was barely recognizable for the grungy mechanic girl she was, her face cleaned up and makeup applied, masking her scars while applying a light blush to her cheeks.  Eyeshadow and liner made her green eyes pop, and a light, subtly red lipstick was applied.  The hair was even more dramatic: completely clean and muss-free, a light wave applied to it.  The length was not shortened much, remaining just above shoulder-length, a single small braid framing her face while the rest was held back with a headband.  Part of her wondered if this kind of drek was what she woulda looked like had her parents not up and died.  Giving a polite smile and thanks, she waited for the two to be outside before speaking to the Russian.  "Holy mother of drek, do we look corp-type...we walk through our hood like this, we gon get mugged...wha?"

She was barely able to finish her sentence before a couple stopped them on the sidewalk, their excited faces denoting they recognized the pair.  A couple flowers and autographs later, the two were left in mild bewilderment of their famed status, regardless whether it was manufactured or not.  The lunch date was just as jarring as the salon appointment as well, the clean plateware and cutlery a sharp contrast to the usual soypaste and fast food Arc was used to.  The food was out of this world: a fresh garden salad with all the fixings, followed by a chicken fettucine slathered in a rich alfredo sauce.  The flavors danced upon the girl's tongue, practically ruining her for the low quality food she was used to.

The rest of the afternoon went in a mild haze, but a quick stop at home and the two were getting ready for the night.  Changing into her dress, Arc started to feel a flutter of nervousness.  They were revered, celebrated, pampered...and it felt off.  So different from what she was used to being--the bottom of the barrel--and a look of worry was on her flatteringly made up face.  As she struggled to remember how her dress went on, she practically stumbled before bringing up a point to the elf.  "...I'm bringing my stuff in a bag in the car...I got this feeling.  This is way out in left field, omae, and I think if I ain't careful, I'ma frag it up and we needin some powpow on the quick.  Wiz?  I'm hittin' up the boys to see what the plan is in getting there.  You still going with the plan that Feathers be your date, babushka?"  She winked, mentally pulling up her ARO and firing off at the speed of thought.

@Marco{Arc}>>
<<If yo job was to build up fraggin' hype, I think it worked.  Drek, man, this is way weird.  Anyhow, you bringing us into this place?  We can pick you up wherever, just give us enough time to get there, wiz?>>

@Feathers{Arc}>>
<<Still alive, pops?  Don't feel bad, I'm still shaking it off too.  Won't ask about that Trina gal, yo biz is yo biz.  Need a lift to the Stardust?  I can swing by.  Holla>>

Rubbing her head, she downed some water with a small gasp to shake off what she could of her hangover.  "Drek..aight...ready as I will be.."  She stood a little awkwardly in her sleek dress, turning to check over Yelena.  "..wiz...that drek fits you like a fraggin' glove..."
« Last Edit: <03-24-15/2116:09> by SgtBoomCloud »

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <03-24-15/2046:46> »
I let my eyes linger on the waitress as she walked away. "Cute," I thought to myself. "I should have played the "I'm just taking granddad out for a night out" card... Oh well, maybe later". When Ambrose asked for a "jukebox" I actually had to look up the word to know what the frag he was talking about. "Jeez, how old is this guy anyway," I wondered.

His question surprised me. "Hide? Not particularly." I leaned back in my seat and took a drag on the cigarette. "Using a generator can be pretty obvious in and of itself. But I for one don't feel like having random people potentially overhearing conversations about bombs and the illegal drug buys, even in a place like this." The grin on my face grew a little colder. "Especially in a place like this. I would have expected you to be a cautious man if you have survived to become a veteran in this game. Maybe you're just lucky..."

I flicked the ash off of my smoke into the ashtray on the table and smiled. "Anyway, pops, how about we talk business instead of banter. What's the plan; more specifically, what do you need from me? If you just want me to watch your back like Kato said, I have got other business to attend to and we can just meet up at the Stardust tomorrow. If you have got something else in mind, I would appreciate knowing beforehand so I can avoid the the veritable clue-by-four hitting my right while we are in the middle of things."

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #80 on: <03-24-15/2100:43> »
"Yes, I'm far more cautious." he remarks, shaking his head. "First off, at least you know that its like a beacon. If it was a cone of silence perhaps more useful. But it makes noise.. Something else that does is the local jukebox." Groaning a little, "Of cours the problem with that is most places use virtual music these days, rather than subjecting everyone to a good round of whatever you pick. With facial recognition, they can see the words we form with our mouths, something most will switch over to once they start hearing the buzzing noises of the white noise generator. "

taking a look to his drink, he stares at it for a moment, examining it. He hums softly, before picking it up and figuring how heavy the drink is with just a touch.

"You haven't told me what you do. Other than provide maps. So I wouldn't know what I could use you for. However, you could probably more easily get a few items with that baby face yof yours.  Since we're going in to inspect for potential accident sites, we need a bit of gear to seem more official. I can spend the night working on a few badges, and inspection permits. Since we both happen to have the same taste in clothing, we should use that to our advantage."

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: <03-24-15/2134:39> »
"Sounds like a plan. And I am a man of many talents, my learned friend. You cook up the permits and gear, and I will make sure they have a record of an upcoming inspection in their systems."

Curbing the cigarette butt on the ashtray, and stroked my chin as I went on. "So, what are we going in as? City Health Inspectors? Pest Control? Fire Insurance? Metroplex Architechtural Office? Let me know and I will dig around for some details. Knowing the name of supervisors and the like is always useful, just in case someone at the club happens to have an uncle somewhere."

"Oh, and as for lip readers, I am sure you have noticed where my hand is when I talk." As if to make a point, I tapped my nose with an index finger while the rest of my hand rested on my chin, obscuring the lower half of my face from the side and front.
« Last Edit: <03-24-15/2142:23> by Herr Brackhaus »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <03-25-15/0038:08> »
Marcos day was busy, Debi was a bit upset by the clients he sent her last minute.

Where did ya pick these ones...  in the Barrens?! They were so neglected, especially that human... she seemed new to the concept of Shampoo. So much dirt... so much!

Actually you are just right, in the Barrens.

Oh dear... you shouldn’t go there it is dangerous out there. Can’t trust people with this kind of hair.

You are right, Debi. It is a favor for that Shilla girl I told you about.

Oh that one... stay away from that one... she is not good for you!

Well Debi, ... he took a long breath... letting go of the air slowly... I tried to stay away... but in the end of the day, the heart wants what the heart wants.

There was some truth to Marco's words, but he would never tell Debi the half of it. She would probably call the police if she heard he was doing anything illegal. Her entire moral campus is narrowed to the way people maintain hair.  Marco is trustworthy because he keep it clean.  Arc is probably a criminal because she do not. There was no point in even trying to convince her otherwise.  His session was a lot shorter, 20 minutes and she was done, just maintenance. 

He paid her handsomely and went to buy a suit, the process was enjoyable as the shop already had his dimensions so all he did was to pick the fabric he wanted. It took a lot of AR modeling - but eventually he decided to pick black... he felt that that color make him appear a bit older and more masculine.

He then bought a case of his favorite wine, Rossi di Bianchi. It was a cheap red wine, relatively reasonable to the taste. Marco liked it because it was made in his parents winery. It was as close as he could feel to his family.  He took it to his regular drinking place, a small joint named Joy.

It was evening and most of his buddies were already there waiting for him.
Look guys you did so good... I am sorry I cannot drink today - but I brought this case of complimentary wine - like I do every friday... so I wish you a lovely evening.

oh... common Marco...  not even a single one? common just a single bottle before you go. Then the mass cried Marco! Marco! Marco! to encourage him to open a bottle. After a short while he replied... Okay okay! but just one you hear!... and I only do it to avoid the riot.

With a glass of wine in his hand he drew a table on a blackboard and listed every completed achievement to the appropriate name. 134 dollars were split between eight different people to achieve the requested buzz. The process was cheerful, and a lot more money exchanged hands as people gambled on who will win the contest.

He then texted Arc
Dear Arc:

About ride - you can pick me up from Joy (coordinates attached) or I can book my regular limousine to pick you guys up.  Limo has no rigger interface tough...  Also consider that if you do bring a gun - limousine is not dedicated to us, it just cycle from client to client and is available to us at the requested hours.

They decided to start the cairokee night a bit early - as most of the regulars came to see who wins Marco’s challenges anyhow. Marco had time for just several songs before it was time to prepare for the club. He showered at a friends appartment that was just next door to Joy... dressed up and applied some subtle cosmetics to get just that look that he was after.
He was ready to party! 

« Last Edit: <03-25-15/0047:03> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <03-25-15/0046:00> »
Yelena looks at the messages that Arc sent over.  "You popular, Arc.  I not get any like this.  Probably you well known in area already and Yelena still stranger."  She breaks down the rifle into its storage components and puts the pieces in the padded slots of the case.  She gets off the bed and dresses when Arc goes in for her shower.  When her friend returns, Yelena looks at her dress and says.  "Hair at noon, maybe lunch somewhere.  Should have time come back to dress, yes?  But think take dress so woman know what Yelena wear to club."

Yelena is extremely uncomfortable in the salon.  This is not her style and she can tell that it is not Arc's either.  She almost throws in the towel several times, especially when the old sourpuss chides her about her hair, nails and make up, but grits her teeth and stays.  She lets Debi look at the dress so she can match the colors for her make up.  She asked that her hair be left straight and Debi finally acquiesced, but added some highlights and a violet ribbon at the end.  The entire effect was perfect...........if one wanted to look like this.  Yelena looked in the mirror and did have a hard time seeing herself.  She thanked Debi for her hard work and picked up her dress before leaving the salon.  When the two were outside, she replied to Arc's statement.  "Yes.  Get fragging mugged.  This not Yelena." 

The autographs and flowers were going a bit too far, in Yelena's opinion, but she was as gracious as possible.  The restaurant was far better than anything Yelena had ever been in before.  Sure, she had seen some nice places, but from the outside.  Halfway through the heavenly meal she turns to Arc, "OK.  If clothes and make up come with food, Yelena put up with Debi.  Marco get much money from female Sam for this.  Look.  Menu not even say what cost is." 

Finally home, they rush into the garage to avoid being seen by the people in the neighborhood.  Yelena notes the slight struggle Arc has with the dress and comes over to help her friend.  Fastening the back up, she says.  "Here, Arc.  Let Yelena help.  There, now look in mirror."  She stands behind her short friend and looks over her shoulder.  She smiles broadly.  "All men look you tonight, Arc.  Not see Yelena.  You beautiful.  Have many want take you home."  She stands behind the human for a few seconds longer then goes to put her own dress on.  Slipping it on over her naked body she runs a hand down her figure.  She smiles at Arc's remark.  "Yes.  Like glove.  Not room inside for anything but Yelena."  She finishes off with the violet flower in her hair at the left ear and admires the effect.  "Maybe never see Yelena like this again."

She touches up her lip gloss and goes to the side of her bed, where she steps into the slippers and picks up her weapons case and the small clutch.  When Arc get the message from Marco she says, "Tell him we pick up.  What good his car if cannot keep weapons?  If ready let's go knock dead."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #84 on: <03-25-15/0054:10> »
"The story? Now thats the hard part. I wouldn't know which one to do for this job.. I've not been there. But usually goveremental ones tend to.. not be too usable. However if we can make them believe enough, we could get a few bribes if they believe our cover story. "

He doesn't touch his rum and coke. The waitress scared him just a little too much to drink it, quite possibly she's working for someone else as she didn't even comment about the noise maker.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #85 on: <03-25-15/1022:45> »
Arc couldn't resist a little smirk at Yelena's comment, crossing her arms and leaning on one hip, shaking her head a little.  "Pfft.  Don't deny it.  You just as likely be finna wearing that drew to score some hoop if ya wanted it.  Besides that, you hots the know how about it.  Fifty nuyen tells you I'm gonna be awkward as Drek."". She winked, adjusting her dress until it was comfortable, reading the message from Marco.  yeah frag that.  Just asking for trouble..

Before they left, Arc took a moment to pack a ready bag, stuffing her guns, kits, and a few pipe bombs, just in case.  Lastly, she grabbed one of each of her drones, popping open the compartment in her arm and stowing them inside, making sure they were very much offline.  "There we go...frag if that's weird though..."

@Marco{Arc}>>
<<Sounds wiz, but wouldn't make a drek of sense.  People know I fix cars, and know how much I enjoy my ride.  My car shouldn't clash with your high and mighty atmosphere.  Pick you up soon.

Turning to the elf, Arc gave a little smile and nodded.  "well, let's not waste all this Drek, eh?  Time to go play Corp-class for a night...". And with that, they departed, hopping into Arc's car and zooming off to pick up their passengers.  The human was jacked into the interface, but remained in AR to continue conversing.  She knew the objective was to be natural, but some unease still lingered.  "Y...a thought..how likely is it Sam has more than one player in this party...call it a hunch..."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <03-25-15/1030:51> »
Responding Arcs message, Marco texts the following.

Dear Arc

Your car is great, totally love it. It shows that you handle it with care... it is almost part of you. Wouldn’t dream of separating a rigger from her wheels.  I wish I knew how to drive... it seems really fun.

P.S I can’t get that band from yesterday out of my head they were freaking awesome!
Do you remember their name?... its all a bit foggy for me.

Yours Truly,
Marco.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #87 on: <03-25-15/1336:08> »
The chime of the commlink dragged Feathers out of his half-slumber as he sipped at a soycaf and tried to get some breakfast down his neck. He voice commanded the commlink to dump the message up onto the AR wallpaper and dictated a reply.
<<Reply to:: Arc>>//Barely. Feel like a horse shat in my mouth and a troll jumped on my head. What the hell were we drinking? A lift would be great, no way I'd pass a breathalyser this morning. So that was her name, don't worry about it. I was too old, too stupid and too vomity to make that big of a mistake. I barely remember it anyway. I'm up and about so I'm ready when you are.
Johannes fussed and messed about, concerned about Feather's state but too inexperienced in this plane to realise just how self-inflicted Feathers malaise was.
Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Its just a headache. Why don't you get out of the house today eh? Go for a fly and a bit of an explore. I'll call if I need you.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #88 on: <03-25-15/1428:25> »
It was pretty amazing how easy it was for Arc to respond to messages now that she has a direct link to the Matrix with her control rig, sending stuff out with merely a thought.  While out and about, eating, driving, it barely took from her concentration to reply to the messages as they came.

@Feathers{Arc}>>
<<That, chummer, is what happens when a place dint water the booze down first.  Ts why the frogs love it so much.  Anyhow, sorry to hear of the hangbang, but I can sympathize: shaking off a head hurt now.  Anyway, Y and I got hooked up to get prettier up for the high class scene, so I can pick you up between 4 and 5?  Don't feel bad if you can't recognize us, haha haha.  See you l8r

@Marco{Arc}>>
<<Ah, enjoyed that stuff, huh?  Band was called Access Denied...tribute band for this lowtime Ruski band called Hammerforce.  You like them, I suggest checking out Vision Divine.  More of a cosmic feel but it's good drek.  Anyhow, pick you up a little after 5

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #89 on: <03-25-15/1454:16> »
Fri Dec 5th

It had definitely been a day for the history books. Arc & Yelena had been stopped and photographed and autographed and "Pls, just a selfie!" all afternoon. There'd even been a local trid crew stop by for a short interview with them, even if the interviewer had seemed to concentrate more on her own appearance than on any intelligent questions about what had happened. Finally it was time to get ready, and then to leave for the club. One thing about all the hoopla, it hadn't left much time for worry. Still, it was hard not to worry.

The drive was fairly uneventful. Traffic was heavy, but at least it was moving and soon enough they were there. A couple of orc bouncers were on guard and as you all approach the doorway one of them elbows the other and points at your group. "Hey, Arc baby, I knew you couldn't resist me!" He grins and opens his arms. "You shoulda told me you were coming. I coulda made some special arrangements!" He grins and winks broadly. "I knew we were meant to share a special kinda connection when we met last night." Arc vaguely recognizes him as one of the guys she met last night. Well, maybe, truth to tell there were a lot of guys, and it had been a lot of liquor.
« Last Edit: <04-07-15/1154:32> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.