NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #570 on: <06-01-15/0831:54> »
"I have been told I sometimes look like an older Sherlock Holmes. For a detective job however, we'd need a few fake sins, licenses, and a bit of a matrix site to work from. Stuff so that a person giving us the most casual of glances over wouldn't really see anything too glaringly out of place."
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #571 on: <06-01-15/2055:00> »
Yelena stares at the limp arm for a moment then busts out in the first real laugh she has had in a while.  After a few seconds she splutters out.  "Arc.  That is so fragging funny it hurts.  Is good idea, but Yelena hope Arc can fix in case nurse out sick."  Yelena falls silent but shakes her head and chuckles for a while longer.  Then she remembers something.  "Arc.  Yelena ask if can find out anything about man Yelena with.  Said was lawyer, but Yelena think more to it.  He was too important to just be lawyer.  Arc find anything yet?"

Arc winked knowingly at the Russian, gesturing to her arm.  "Just a loose connection.  They don't have to know I can fix it easy~" She paused at the request, rounding a corner and nodding with a breath, her thoughts distracted as her action had reminded her that she was a marred person...that her arm isn't really there, or even that a piece of her was just machine.  Shivering once, she cleared her throat.

"Did my best to check that hoop out.  Matrix diggin' ain't exactly my thing, but I'm trying.  Cool part is if that hoop doesn't follow through with work for you, girly, I got an in, too.  Remember that shady guy I knew back in the days?  Part-owner.  Offered us work if we want it.  Something to think about.  Anyhow, best I could come up with about Gregor was that he was a lawyer but he retired about 5 years back.  Was a part of some firm called Webster, Webster, Otiluk and Cohan or some drek.  Funny, cuz the bossman from Phoenix's feed was a club accountant, and he had some legal drek that those hoops defended for, so there is connection."

She gave paused, her sentence reverberating in her head as she held a beat, before her green cybereyes flared open.  "Webster...that's gotta be one funny coincidence...hold that thought..."  Instantly, she mentally pulled up the Matrix, trying to pull up anything she could on Webster, Webster, Otiluk and Cohan...namely, pictures of staff, lawyers, etc.

[spoiler]Matrix Search (Webster, Webster, Otiluk and Cohan): 7d6t5 3[/spoiler]

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #572 on: <06-01-15/2226:40> »
Yelena will start.  "Webster is coincidence.  Was how Sam introduced self to Yelena.  He said name was Sam Webster.  But that Sam Webster was buyer and seller of junk.  Even had ARO and address."  She shrugs.  "But Yelena thought that was ruse, especially when Sam turned out to be big shot man." 

"Sam is more than we know.  He look hard to find Yelena and know who I am.  Even know Yelena do almost anything to get information he offer as pay for killing Keeb mage.  And he talked of having the power demolish barrens if we do not stop Smiley Face monster.  And he saved Yelena in hospital.  Overhear doctors tell that Yelena broken too much and should let die.  But Sam say no, make live.  So Yelena owe all life to Sam.  Not know who Sam is, but is not junk dealer and not lawyer man.  Sam much more."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #573 on: <06-01-15/2256:52> »
Arc couldn't help but give pause at Yelena's explanation, her curiosity forestalled by that grim and real reminder about their employer.  She didn't stop her searching...that connection between two figures in the Stardust warranted a peek...but she did respond to the elf.

"You're right.  I didn't meet this dude...chick, whatever...before we was recovering in the hospital.  I woulda been bled out and a corpse if we weren't saved...or at best, a blind and one-armed burned cripple, which as you get is a death sentence here."  She gritted her teeth at the idea, her left hand gripping the steering wheel with white knuckles.  "Regardless of what drek this Sam was into or not, here in the Barrens, life debt is life debt.  Let's figure this drek out.  Arguments?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #574 on: <06-01-15/2333:15> »
Yelena nods.  "Yelena give no argument to that.  Owe debt of life to Sam, just as owe same debt to Arc.  Life debt cannot be dropped or forgotten.  One thing to remember; Sam can change face and form.  Might not look like Sam."
« Last Edit: <06-02-15/0012:32> by Mercy Merchant »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #575 on: <06-02-15/0017:17> »
@ Marco  Dr Kamagashiri finally reply's, >>The accident was off 4th Ave near Seattle Blvd. A dwarf by the name of Cain Lee-Dana. They checked him out and released him a few hours later.<<

Arc's search through the matrix turns up a whole lot of the useless drek you get anytime you do a search. Even filtering isn't much help. Howlers don't need the matrix much, so nothing in her past gave her the tools for this kinda engine. Checking out the law firm gives the useless drek advertising. Only thing that search was useful for was to tell her they specialized in criminal defense and they were outta her price range if she ever needed bailed outta doing time. Searching Gregor's name in the firm gave a shiny little bio and a list of prominent cases he'd defended. Made him sound like all kinda brilliant, 'cept all of them hoops in the firm had the same kinda drek about them posted. Last case they listed was a little over 5 yrs ago though so it looked like the retirement part was straight anyway. Crosschecking the club and the firm together though finally brought up something interesting. Webster, Webster Otiluk & Cohan had handled all the legalities of buying the club, and that the owner was listed as an internet firm that dealt with online generic pharmaceuticals based out of Brazil. But then they were finally at the hospital and it was time to play this role.

« Last Edit: <06-02-15/0047:40> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #576 on: <06-02-15/0031:33> »
Yelena gets out of the car after Arc parks it in the lot and takes her friend's left hand.  She gives it a reassuring squeeze as they approach the entrance.  She gives the guard a huge smile and forks over her Predator without being asked, taking and pocketing the pick up tag.  She and her friend go up to the information desk and Yelena asks, "Hello.  Friend was here to get arm put on a short while ago.  Now it has gone dead.  Can go to ward and get nurse to fix?"  She will give a nervous glance at Arc and add, "Friend is a bit in shock.  Can do soon?"

The person at the information desk directs Arc and Yelena to the emergency room.  Entering the ER, they see perhaps twenty or more people waiting to be seen.  Yelena laughs softly and says, "Arc.  This could take a while.  Yelena stay here to ask about accident man and you go to ward to see nurses and ask."

Yelena sits in the ER for a bit, looking about for the security and any cameras.  She also observes the nurses in action.  She eventually sidles up to one of the harried women and tries to strike up a conversation about how busy they are tonight.  Yelena has a sympathetic voice and ear and is a very good listener.  She tries to turn the talk to odd accidents, hoping that the nurse will talk about the Dwarf that was brought in the evening before.
« Last Edit: <06-02-15/0112:42> by Mercy Merchant »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #577 on: <06-02-15/0104:46> »
Ambrose shrugged. "All I can tell you about them is that they weren't involved in what I was directly working with. In my line of work it pays to be more legal than legal." he remarks. "But here is what I think.. This sam person can shapeshift into whatever they want to be right? That means any wanker could be him. He could be sitting in this car laughing at the not hims right now."

[spoiler]Civic Law: 10d6t5 1[/spoiler]
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #578 on: <06-02-15/0321:39> »
"Okay... Pheonix.. if you do not want to play a copper we won’t do it... I’ll just improvise something... I am an impulsive man it will likely work".

Not only Sam can change his skin. Smiles Marco suggestively. He reforms his face to look like someone else. The result is not as convincing as Joe but it will have to do. Besides, worst case he’ll look like a somewhat human looking elf.  Marco’s face distinctive features are blurred, and after a few minutes his face appear more human. There is nothing noticeable about them.  His body is still an elven one, but the suit obscure it a little bit.  It was made for humans.

[spoiler]
Disguise + facial sculpt: 7d6t5 2
Improve disguise with impersonation: 15d6t5 1
[/spoiler]

He walks into the ER and say to the receptionist nurse “I am here to pick up a friend of mine... A dwarf named Cain Lee-Dana. He had a car accident yesterday it took me a while but I finally got here...”

If Marco is told that his friend have already left, his face will be worried, he will let his real concern for Sam surface on his face and say: “Oh dear these are terrible news... do you remember if someone picked him up or he left alone...” He’ll then whisper... “Recently he is hanging with some Shady characters... please I have to know who picked him up he may be in trouble.”
[spoiler]
Con + please help me find him...: 18d6t5 5
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-02-15/0335:06> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #579 on: <06-02-15/0952:27> »
Arc pocketed the information as she pulled up to the hospital, parking the Americas and nodding to the two gentleman.  "Keep in touch, good luck". Nodding to Yelena, the human gave a confident smirk as they entered into the hospital, mimicking the dog's expression of worry and holding her inactive cyberarm in place with her left hand.  "Yeah, this thing totally went unresponsive.  I dunno what to do.."" she elaborated to the nurse as they were directed to the ER.  Upon check-in, Arc nodded to Yelena and split off, waiting for her turn before going into the back.

The process was very routine...SIN confirming (Lauren Summers seems legit...), height check, weight check, quick vitals check, but then Arc was left near some of the nurses waiting for a tech to look at her arm.  A couple even recognized her...seems like the elf and the human ladies were a notable case in recent events.  Smiling, Arc struck up some conversation, working to steer it to some rumors she had heard of weird auto accidents occurring...reputation of a mechanic, so it would make sense that Arc would be interested.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #580 on: <06-02-15/1107:53> »
@ Arc & Yelena Once word gets around that they're famous for taking down the Smiley Face killer it's easy to talk to people. Arc is asked what happened and as soon as people find out that she lost her arm and her cyberarm isn't even working right she gets immediate sympathy, (as well as a few cyber horror stories about my brother who knew a guy whose cousin's arm tried to choke him etc, etc), but since these people are just waiting to be seen none of them can really be much help aside from one that had heard about the accident. He told Arc that the car was a much older model and that the autopilot on it had been glitchy but that the guy was waiting to fix it till next month.

@ Marco  The ER attendant looks at you and says, "I'm surprised you didn't try reaching them before you came, and I'm not really supposed to give out any info but I don't think it could be the same guy. His ex-girlfriend picked him up. Really you should give your friend a call, he wasn't hurt and there's no need to worry."
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #581 on: <06-02-15/1525:28> »
“Exgirlfriend?! that dog...” Marco’s face became red and his eyes wet. “...I really do hope it is a mistaken identity... Because if my boyfriend just left hospital with his ex girlfriend my life are over.” He taps into his emotions for Sam, the love he felt, the passion the betrayal the fear. “I knew something was wrong but I never believed he will cross that line... his last message to me was that he had an accident... he haven’t responded to any of my messages ever since... I feared for his life... Please..." he grabs her hand, by this time Marco is genuinely upset... Sam is an open wound and letting his feelings surface brings Marco to tears. “... please show me his contact details... I *must* know if it is the same guy.”
« Last Edit: <06-02-15/1558:28> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #582 on: <06-02-15/1526:50> »
The tinge of pink on Arc's cheeks were only partly faked from the sympathies and the attention she was receiving, but she smiled through it and carried the conversation along, covering her mouth at the horror stories and nodding knowingly at the cause of the accident.

"It's a shame really.  Drek like this can be avoided with a little tee ell cee, if you catch me.  Can't blame em, though, most shops are corp and gouge to frag  all.  That ain't wiz.". A particularly observant patient waiting noted that her eyes were also cyberware, to which the human gave a nod.  " Yeah, these are a new set, though.  Lost my own long dragging time ago, and my old set burnt out in the fight.  What can I say, we got lucky". Trailing off, she waited her turn.  She recalled reports if a pile up wreck next district over, but honestly doubted they would know of it, the human content to wait with her limp arm at her side.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #583 on: <06-02-15/1549:45> »
@ Marco. The attendant gives you a funny look. "I can't give you that info. But, you should call your friend, because if that's your boyfriend you've got more troubles than an ex-girlfriend."
« Last Edit: <06-03-15/0019:35> by ismilealot »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #584 on: <06-02-15/1557:00> »
Marco say: "He is unresponsive... since yesterday... last message was I had an accident pick up something for me. Nothing ever sense... Why do I have bigger problems than an ex girlfriend?"

Regardless of what she say Marco will say... "Can you call him yourself?... at least do that for me... "
« Last Edit: <06-02-15/1610:12> by gilga »