NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #525 on: <05-29-15/0345:23> »
"You hurt people and kill them... so you see everything in life as a weapon or as a tool... and you are right... everything can be used as a weapon as a tool. Do not fool yourself, not everything should be used that way. There is a price to be paid every time you kill someone and every time you distance yourself from your emotions to use sex as a mean for an end.

Some things in life are not to be used as tools, or at least not as first option tool. I paid a great price for using sex like you do. I wanted to relax, I wanted to be satisfied I had this hunger inside me I did not care about the consequences. I slept with with many of my classmates people that I shared my life with for 13 years... they all enjoyed me... a lot more than they like to admit - none of them remained my friend - I was rock bottom for them, a failure. So much sex and nothing real... not a single friend. Perhaps it is the same for you... you use people with sex, you let them use you... there is no meeting there it can be anyone. You just distance yourself from what you are until your emotions are numb and the physical pleasures are all that is left.

And all you can do by talking to me is to convince me that I am not a wise man and that there are more sensible desires than you. I do not love from my brain... I am not wise my thoughts are enslaved for my desires and my desires need no justification. I want you and that’s it.”

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #526 on: <05-29-15/0409:24> »
Yelena's eyes go a bit wide at Marco's words.  She nods, "Yes.  Yelena see many things as tools and weapons.  And Yelena live that way.  No friends, no love, just jobs and short time lovers.  No ties and no home.  Yele........................"

She is interrupted by the chime of the timer and gives a yelp as the water turns almost immediately into shards of ice.  She quickly pulls Marco from the shower, laughing as she leads him back into the living area after grabbing towels.  Drying off, she watches Marco and considers what he has said.  "So Marco give Yelena chance?  Yelena want chance with Marco."

But now Yelena tired.  Much tired.  Need nap then maybe talk.  Get decent with clothes or climb in bed  Marco choice."  Yelena send a message to her human friend.  <Arc.  Is Yelena.  Much need nap so going bed.  Too much drugs and drink and sex.  Shower is yours if need.  Yelena under covers in few seconds, so can even bring rigger man to share shower if want.  Tell reporter man to sleep and we talk when wake up.  Yelena know from trying that old couch is much comfortable so reporter man can sleep there for now.  What think?>
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #527 on: <05-29-15/0621:06> »
Marco is surprised when the ice cold shower arrive, he loses his breath it is so cold that his skin hurts and he is clearly not used to that kind of treatment... they didn't even reach soap or shampoo parts. A shower for Marco is 20-40 minutes depending on the number of thoughts... when Yelena said a quick shower he thought 10 minutes maybe 15... two minutes was... well refreshing. Despite everything his face remain smiling... in a way he find it amusing.

"Yes, I will give *us* a chance... but you have to promise me one thing". He say with a grave serious voice... "next time we discuss our relationship in the shower... we do so in my apartment. "

He laughes.

"It is okay... I understand that you need the sleep, but I cannot sleep now... I need to find my missing friend before his tracks grow cold. Sam haven’t responded to my text for 12 hours now. I need to understand what happened yesterday. Just waiting for orders does not work for me... Sam is an open wound in my soul but he is still my friend... I loved him... I must know what happened. "

He get dressed and joins the rest: “That was awfully short for a shower but very refreshing. I am a new man... Let me comb my hair a little bit and I can even be seen in public again.” He pulls a small comb from his pocket and talk as he tries to make something from his hair.

"A friend of mine checked accident reports and indeed there was an accident that suits Sam’s message and general area. An autopilot malfunction, a single person hospitalized and released by now. I think it may be Sam... and if he had his liberty he probably went underground. "
After a short pause:

"I have two ideas of what to do... I know a place where he might be, and we can also try visiting the hospital and sweet talking them into letting us look at the examination reports." He was thinking about the apartment of Shilla Shmidt he knew that appartment very well and the place seemed like a lot more than a safehouse. It was expensive, well maintained and fully equipped... if the lanky male sam needed to hide... why not disguise himself as a rich middle aged German woman? Then he felt again the pain of betrayal.... after all this time and not even a real name or a real face... he gave him everything.
« Last Edit: <05-29-15/0623:23> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #528 on: <05-29-15/0947:56> »
Yelena nods to Marco and climbs into her bed, pulling the cover up to her chin.  She watches Marco get dressed and part of her really wishes that he were crawling in next to her.  The narrow bed would have meant sleeping close.  She murmurs to him as he prepares to leave.  "Sam give all special commlink just for him.  Maybe use to see if answers?"  She is asleep by the time he leaves the room, and will stay that way for several hours unless awakened sooner.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #529 on: <05-29-15/1112:59> »
Marco smiles... "It is not that simple... go to sleep we'll talk in the evening".
He thinks:
"I sent the last message and Sam is always 100% responsive during runs. I never waited for more than 5 minutes for a reply no matter how trivial or unimportant my question was. There was  no way he could miss a question on a dedicated comlink.   By not reponding Sam told me a lot. Somthing is wrong - but if I keep sending messages I'll just tip whomever has that comlink now that I am actively looking for Sam.

Also, taking the detonator was a trap - club people knew something about it as they jumped Phoenix right after making the drop. So these are two evidence that tell me that somthing is very wrong.  In the worst case? I acted foolish and Sam played some cruel practical joke on me... and the attack on Phoenix was totally random... This won't be the first time that I am called an idiot by Sam. But idiot or not... either Sam contacts us in a few hours and I shouldn't message him again - or I find some concrete evidence that something is wrong."
« Last Edit: <05-29-15/1114:42> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #530 on: <05-29-15/1900:09> »
Whilst the two elves departed from the garage to clean up the grime from the previous night, and with the reporter/demolitionist seeming hesitant to respond, Arc busied herself by being a bit of  a proper host.  Nodding in a way of excusing herself, she grabbed her go-bags and set them down on one of the workbenches, coincidentally close to her sprawled out demolitions kit, before darting off to her kitchen.  She returned a short moment later, a six-pack of beer in her hand as she lifted it up, tossing one to Jaime and offering one to the older gentleman.  "Make y'self at home.  Don't worry, place has been swept, no bugs.  And I ain't gonna lie...you look like you been to hell and back, chummer.  I know the feel.  Cop a squat, we'll wait for the others, and figure sumsomethin' out, eh?"

Grinning, the short human must have looked a sight, her hair messy and thrown back in a sloppy ponytail and wearing a crimson men's t-shirt with a scuffed pair of jeans.  Still, she seemed to be fairly at ease, grabbing a beer for herself and popping off the top with a flick of her cyberhand whilst hopping up onto a bench.  When Marco did arrive, she waved him over.

"Oh come on, omae, you look fine.  Hey, don't think you've met this hoop.  This be my Vruk, Jaime.  He's cool with what we're saying, so be chill.  Anything you say to me can be said to him.  That being said, we should get a plan together...we'll fill Yelena in after she's had rest, drek knows the keeb needs it."

Arc listened to Marco's musings and suggestions, frowning a bit as she scratched her head, sipping on her drink while she thought it out.  "hmm...we fo sho certain Sam was in that identity at the time of the accident?  Dunno about you, but I've seen our boss in two different shapes, so no telling how many there are....unless we ran into him...her, whatever...directly, any digging we finna do at a hospital might be dead.  But...you think you know a place?  How far will it be?   Might be our best bet to poke around..."

As she trailed off, she remembered what Yelena asked her to do, pulling up a picture of Gregor that her bug had taken, starting her commlink's search engines ticking to find any info on the dude.

[spoiler]Searching on this Gregor lawyer fella.  Computer (Matrix Search): 7d6t5 4[/spoiler]

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #531 on: <05-29-15/2122:57> »
"Well then you might be interested to know this.. I had a rather sizable number of bugs I had in my coat. If they pulled any of them out, then we'll start getting some pictures or audio. If you know the matrix.. here you go." he says opening up links in AR to gather the information his different things were giving him. Heck, there was even a minicamera in his coat itself. Not to mention the car's sensors that were available too.

"If I move my car.. they'll follow it most likely. So the my plan is to find a warehouse we can rig up with gas grenades and some sort of toxin."
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #532 on: <05-29-15/2152:04> »
@ Arc  A search for Gregor gives a long bio, Graduated Summa Cum Laude Ohio State University, Graduated Law School Magna Cum Laude Widener University. Partner at Webster, Webster, Otiluk and Cohan. Specialized in criminal defense. Retired five years ago currently living in Seattle. The bio goes on to list several major cases that Gregor headed the defense for.

@ Ambrose  The feeds for your bugs are interesting. Most of them show a room in what is probably still the club, and one man's face keeps popping up, he seems to be giving orders.
« Last Edit: <05-30-15/0524:09> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #533 on: <05-29-15/2156:10> »
Arc perked up at the piping up of the currently unnamed older gentleman, noting the funny accent.  A Brit, if I remember.  Frag, this little group got the whole world tour drek goin', don't it..  Smirking and giving a knowing glance to Jaime, the human turned to the Brit and activated the links mentally, using the multifeed program she had previously used going against the blood spirit and mage duo to pull up all the screens at once and passing them onto a trid projector in the garage for public view.  "Right up my alley, omae.  Expect some noise and lag, but this'll do in a pinch."

She frowned a bit at his idea for what to do next...it sounded like a trap setup for the people who have his stuff.  Maybe lethal.  "...I'm still nervous that a fraggin' revenge job be making these hoops close up.  Then we'll never know where those kidnappers gon' go with the missing peeps and their mojo-inducing drug drek.  Toxins aren't easy to find in this hood, mister...you wanting to knock them out or geek these hoops?  Cuz if it's the latter, some bleach and fertilizer could do your job in a pinch...you sure that's what you wanna do?"  Her head gears were turning with an ease not unlike her vehicle engines, the human girl finding herself leaning a bit against Jaime as she concentrated and multitasked.  With the feed up and the search results in, she gave a nod and pursed her lips. 

"Well, Yelena's lead is clean...like, very clean.  This guy knows how to keep his drek dark...like some consiglihoozy drek.  We'll take a look...and hello...who might this be..."  Freezing one of the camera feeds, she snapped an image of the order-giving face, cross referencing it with pictures her drones took from the night before...looking for a match.

...might take some time...

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #534 on: <05-29-15/2221:14> »
He wasn't looking for revenge, and honestly would be rather disappointed with people narrowmindedness won the whole subject. He wanted his car back, that much was certain, hence why he was using gas grenades, but they had another purpose.

"Gas them. If I wanted to kill them, I'd use bottles filled with gasoline and Styrofoam. Perhaps we should just leave it there, pack up and go somewhere else. I hear china is great this time of year."

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #535 on: <05-29-15/2232:01> »
The stereotype of dry British humor and sarcasm must have been more than just a joke, at least that's what Arc was now led to believe.  Rolling her eyes a bit, she had half her attention on the man, but more than enough to give a response.  "Gas and styrofoam?  One hell of a bbq...dirty, but it gets the job done.  I woulda snagged up some fertilizer with salt and lemon juice, laced with plenty of wood nails in a pipe myself.  But hey, what can a slitch do, right?"['/b]  Smirking, she shook her head a bit at the china comment.

"Nuh-uh.  I ain't running away from my home.  You want your ride back?  Fine.  But like I said, you gon' have a time finding nades in this short notice unless you got some connection, mista.  You got some knockout cocktail in mind?  If not, give me a sec...gotta think..."

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #536 on: <05-29-15/2251:55> »
"Its simple.. If they don't follow the car, there's nothing to worry about. If they do.. then we gas them." he shrugs before waving a hand. "Nevermind, probably isn't worth the effort."

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #537 on: <05-29-15/2307:26> »
With a breath, Arc paused her image searching long enough to pinch her brow.  Is he senile?  Misunderstandings, oh boy...  Sipping her beer, the short stout girl cleared her throat before speaking, making sure her words were calm, level, and deliberate...at least, for her.

"Hoi.  I'll ask again, because I totally get your plan, omae.  The question isn't whether or not to gas in the opportunity...the question is what kind of gas?"  Arc's familiar grin returned as she realized his plan a bit more.  "Of course...that's assuming they can even catch the car...if one were to hand me the keys..."

To emphasize her point, she turned her head to the side and lifted up her ponytail, showing the chromeplated datajack embedded at the base of her skull, the circuitry spreading from it denoting a control rig.  "Cars and bike are...kinda my thing, yanno?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #538 on: <05-29-15/2313:51> »
Marco say to Arc.
“It is okay I trust your judgment.”  He shakes the hand of Jamie and say “Nice to meet you, Jamie I am Marco. “
He grabs a beer and say “ I am sorry, we do not meet under happier circumstances, should definitely go out sometime and celebrate you guys.”

To Arc:
“I know almost for sure that Sam won’t be in the hospital, and I may be skilled enough to give enough details without describing him. I think that Sam should appear in the same identity that he met Phoenix. He obviously wields magical capabilities and should know better than doing such transformation in public. But some details can be helpful for us:

How did he leave the hospital? using what vechile? did someone came to pick him up? who?
If we get to see a face or the car we may have further clues to persue. His medical file may also have important stuff for ID. Was he sepoused to check out or did he do it against the doctors judgements... how bad was it.  So I like the hospital because we know that a wounded from an autopilot malfunction accident that matches our timeline was hospitalized for a short time and released already... so it is a place where Sam probably was”

"The apartment is not very far... it is in the better part of town tough. Better than my neighborhood also." He marks the location on the map.

"I think we should definitely do both leads. "

He adress Phoenix, “right now they know you disappeared but they do not know that you are alive... if you move that car expect them looking for you a lot more aggressively... I get how you feel tough...”

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #539 on: <05-29-15/2318:12> »
Marco ads: "If you are going to move the car... you should do it when cars leave the parking lot... late at night when people finish their party and go home... but I wouldn't follow your car just place some tracking device on it."

Marco is a bit terrified from the aggressive tactics suggested... He hope that they stir down from the whole gassing people plan. He wish to distant himself as far from the club as possible now.