NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #375 on: <05-10-15/0141:23> »
Snatched from a middle of dream Marco take a short break and responds from his encrypted commlink:

<<Oh Demoness... 
What happened? Are you hurt?
You can’t be too far from here... do you need a hand?
>>

To Yelena and Arc: << Have fun at the party...  I’ll pick the order it better be something fun... >> ... He thinks: So reporter guy is in the twist as well... he is one of Demoness’s suppliers and she can’t trust him herself - it might be a trap... or he may be coming in hot. Maybe I should wear a different skin?

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #376 on: <05-10-15/0850:50> »
@ Ambrose  When you arrive at the factory SpittingCobra is already there. He's definitely not one to waste words, or maybe he just doesn't know that many, he takes in the sight of you, and checks out Delilah's, (the engineer), tats in one glance, and greets you with a simple, "Where do you want the bombs?" It's not going to be quite that simple of course. The factory workers are still there and you still have a couple of hours before quitting time. Still, if you're going to get this done on time you'll need every minute from now until 7:00.

@ Marco  There is no answer from the daemoness, she's never failed to answer him immediately when he was on one of her jobs. But, without knowing more details Marco can't go to her aid. Looking up to take one last look at Yelena he spots Cinan. Looks like he was invited to the party too.

@ Arc & Yelena  You see Bella heading towards you. She hears the last part of your sentence to Arc and frowns just a tiny bit, but she covers it smoothly. "Ah here are our heroes! The two that killed the Smiley Face, the Barrens monster that threatened so many! She claps her hands and the other guests follow suite with applaujse. Then she turns to Yelena and kisses both her cheeks and then her lips." she has her back turned to Arc and smiling at Yelena she says, "I have a few people I'd like you to meet." and wrapping her arm around Yelena's she takes her away. As Arc goes to the bar a young orc greets her, "You're a Howler?", he says looking at one of the tats partially exposed by her dress. "Wow, I knew they were involved, but no one ever really talks about the guys that led the fight. No wonder they were involved. The pack hunts together. Here, let me buy you a drink. I'm Gredaleh." he smiles and signals the bartender who serves you both a Centari Sunrise.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #377 on: <05-10-15/0950:22> »
Marco’s heart began racing... "She is not answering immediately... something bad happened... could Demoness' dedication meant that her message was the last thing she did before passing out?... what if it wasn't an accident? who can help... who can help..."

He texted Arc on encrypted comm:

<<Arc (cc: Yelena): Dear Arc... I am worried about Sam he is not responsive... We know he’s not far and that he had a car accident... can you locate Sam with that kind of information?  Perhaps search for nearby accidents or something in that matrix. I have a bad feeling that he may be in danger... I am useless with technology ... all the solutions with my skill-set that find Sam involves major mojo...>>

The next option was Cinan, according to Sam’s report he was brilliant...  Marco approached the keeb and greeted him happily. “So happy that you came!... should be one heck of a party...!” after a few pleasantries he asks... “is there somewhere private we could talk?”
« Last Edit: <05-10-15/1448:01> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #378 on: <05-10-15/1054:17> »
Yelena embraces Bella, returning her kiss in a manner that the other woman should know there is a promise of more if she is interested.  She casts a worried glance at Arc as she goes off with the hostess.  "Yelena thank Bella for party.  Yes, like to meet others.  Many people are here.  Bella dress very nice on you.  Yelena jealous of how you look."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #379 on: <05-10-15/2225:14> »
Arc let her smile falter as she gave a giggle at Yelena, picking up the credstick as if to avoid drawing attention to it (poorly) and depositing it in her clutch before Bella showed up, the eccentric woman immediately focusing her attention on Yelena and sorta casually brushing Arc off to the side.  Shrugging, she nodded to the Russian elf before meandering off to the bar.

She was sorting through Marco's texts of concern and panic as the young ork Gredalah approached her.  Blinking up, she gave a smile and nodded to him, forgetting about the blood moon tattoo on her left shoulder.  She mentally vomited with what she said next.  " In the end, the pack comes through.  Even when the one starting the hunt is some drek breeder they let go a couple years back.  Arc.  Thanks for the drink.  Take it you deal with Howlers on the ref?". Picking up the glass, she brought it to her lips before pausing, getting an idea.  "A lotta people got geeked  in that fight.  Some didn't even recover and gave ahella lot.  Hoi, barkeep! A round for the party.  A toast to the fallen!"

@Marco decrypt 130927591-0389{Arc}>>
<<Focus, man.  Don't be prey.  Sam didn't get into this kinda biz by not being able to handle a scrap, I'd figure.  Be cool, do the job, and we can worry after.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #380 on: <05-10-15/2338:40> »
Ambrose had simple plans for a simple job. He didn't bother changing them, sending the two with him the positions of the bombs, of course documents were set up basically for keeping the bombs all a secret from the workers. But with having to pull in people, and snakebite's annoucement of non-firework based explosives that ship has sailed and burned in the Blackwater under a sea of dragonfire.

"Just follow the documents. Though we've got to get rid of the workers, or wait for them to leave. Since things have been pushed back, we should be able to get in without much of them there."
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #381 on: <05-11-15/0043:48> »
Arc's respond was so hostile, Marco did not even reply.
He thought to himself " a car accident?... in a world where cars are all driven by autopilots and are linked to the matrix? how can that be...? maybe under some extreme weather conditions but there was nothing extreme here. Sam could write delayed... but he did not he wrote accident... these do not happen on themselves.

Still there is little I can do now... mojo will totally flag me and that detonator indeed need to be picked.  The mission was never important for Marco,  he does not care about strategy about big ideology. Every evil goal can have good excuses... and can even be reasoned about as good.  This is how cooperations got our trust, they promised stuff good stuff... economy growth and then overtime no economy and no growth... when you try to turn the clock back they use fear... and when fear fail you discover that they already have too much power.  This is how Sam betrayed me... but who cares about her silly missions... if she may be in trouble she needs an ally not an employee. "

« Last Edit: <05-11-15/0059:21> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #382 on: <05-11-15/1628:40> »
@ Marco  Cinan smiles and says, "I plan on enjoying everything at this party. Especially it's party favors. But let's dance first." and he leads you onto the dance floor.

@ Yelena  Bella laughs, "As good as I look in this dress." she slides her arm around Yelena and strokes the hollow of her hip suggestively, "I will look better out of it. And As good as you are out of your dress." and she smiles and draws Yelena close for a long and suggestive kiss, her hand slowly and sensuously stroking up Yelena's back until she's cupping Yelena's head, stroking her neck, kissing and being kissed and stroked in return, until she pulls back smiling and says, "I've taken the liberty of making a few extra party plans, and inviting a few friends that are talented at enjoying all of life's many pleasures." she introduces you around to a few tables and it's not long before Yelena is knocking back drinks. And when the waitress comes around one of the men, Yelena thinks his name is Giacomo, stops the waitress and says, "Here Yelena, I know you'll enjoy it. It's one of the Stardust's special admixtures, 'Hoyden'. You apply the cream to your neck and wrists, then the pill under your tongue and just let it dissolve, and when it's finished dissolving you pop the rocket and inhale." he smiles then and says, "And then you and I will dance."

@ Arc  Gredalah smiles approvingly at you and raises his glass in toast, "To the fallen!" and then, "Second rounds on me. To Arc and Yelena. Heroes!" And after he's raised his second glass to you he smiles and says. "I don't really have that much to do with the Howlers. But my dad is a judge and so I've learned a lot about the gangs and the culture through him. He wanted me to be educated on all of orc culture and to respect real strength, both on and off the streets." Behind you you hear, "So you're Arc." when you turn around you see what has got to be the most gorgeous man on the planet smiling down at you. "My brother's told me all about you. How you were there on your bike running down that witch with everything blowing up all around you. I'll second that toast. Drinks on me! To Arc!" soon you're surrounded by admirers. But, you also notice that the barkeeper will occasionally catch your eye and look at one or the other of them and makes a subtle sniffing motion, in it's more exaggerated form it's used quite often among the Howlers, but also adopted by many other Barrens folk to indicate something smells bad.

@ Ambrose  Standing in the parking lot with you SpittingCobra nods and then walks away into a shadow. And then he just disappears. Delilalah standing next to you nods. "Nice. One thing I really miss and couldn't manage to knick from my Army days. Oh well, I still know a few tricks." She studies the material you give her. "Holiday decorations huh, nice, make my job easier. You should have brought one of those elf hats or summat." she grins and walks away and then yelling flags down a few workers, "Oi! Oi! Any 'o you know where this drek goes? I got orders to set this stuff up and not one hoop I've talked to knows drek. I'm about ready to dump it 'cause they're not paying me any overtime for this." You watch as they stop and shake their heads and point towards the building.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #383 on: <05-11-15/1716:43> »
Marco follows Cinan to the dance floor and dances for several minutes with him. He prosperously look a little bit worried, but just a little bit. He uses years of training to show just that amount of worried that may serve his cause rather than the one he really feels. After about 10 minutes he say...
“As much as I love to dance with you...” Marco sigh... “There is something I need to get off my chest before I can let go...” He is silent... and shortly after he adds... “...But you came here to dance and have fun... not to help me.”. Marco turns and walks to the Bar.

He is waiting for his little commlink to buzz and every minute that passes causes his intuition that something is very wrong to be a bit more real... He hopes that Cinan will be intrigued. After all you cannot be a brilliant student without at least some computer skills... He thinks... “who read real books other than me?”. He address the bartender and orders a pink Martini... if he is going to go out with it to take the detonator he might as well have a couple of shots.
« Last Edit: <05-11-15/1755:58> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #384 on: <05-11-15/1747:42> »
Yelena does indeed return the kisses and strokes from Bella.  Her body is already reacting to the other woman's not-so-implied promises and she can tell that Bella is as aroused as she is.  She leans in for a whisper, "Yelena already want Bella out of dress.  Want to finish what was interrupted last time."  She has already determined that she needs to go all in for this as she lets Bella tow her from table to table and acknowledges each introduction.  She knows that she looks fragging hot in the dress and loves the way it emphasizes her natural looks.  She moves with a seductive grace that is designed to get her noticed and instill lust in those watching. When finally seated, she calls for vodka shots and quickly downs three in succession, slamming the empties upside down on the table in a row before joining the conversations at the table.

Before taking the crème and pills from the man, Yelena looks over to Bella.  "Is Ok Yelena take man for spin?  Not want if Bella claim first."  If Bella has no objection, Yelena will do as instructed with the crème and pills.  She expects some sort of drug-induced pleasure.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #385 on: <05-11-15/2058:10> »
Arc was thankful now mostly for Yelena's guidance and tips on how to avoid getting drunk, using those skills to look like she was downing them with the rest of the gathering party of (mostly) men seeking the human's attention, when really they were but sips as she would casually slide the glass away from her at the bar.  She caught the sniff from the bartender, her green eyes making contact with his for a brief moment, a forced exhalation from her nostrils signifying she caught his warning as she lifted for the second toast.

Arc was all smiles during the affair, nodding and smiling through the whole of it.  She noted the handsome man approaching her, holding out her hand to shake as she leaned back in her seat, crossing her legs (ech, uncomfortable...) and gingerly holding a glass in her hand, an elbow on the bar counter behind her.  Mentally, she reminded herself to keep her head, that none of these people were actually legitimately interested in her, and most importantly, she had a vrukan, and someone that mattered.  "I gotta say something though.  You say things were all wiz and cool and drek like that.  But really, my part was a small one.  That keeb right there?  If not for her, it woulda all gone to drek, I ain't gonna lie.  Yelena!  Get your pointy-eared hoop over here, these guys want to toast to your skill, girl!"  Taking another sip, she was giving the impression of loosening up, encouraging people to party hard, how everyone's got a right to do so after so many put their lives on the line to save this hood.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #386 on: <05-11-15/2311:31> »
Ambrose shrugs as the other two begin already moving the luggage. He was actually a bit surprised that things were working out properly, and the yaks didn't burn down his house.. yet. He was sure they would if they start to feel he's deviating too far from them.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #387 on: <05-12-15/0034:46> »
@ Ambrose  You get busy as well, the order from Frank has to be put together and then disguised for it to all to work and it takes all of Ambrose's concentration and skill. At least he'd been able to order mostly complete components with Sam's money. There! Finally done and the last bomb placed! Ambrose looks at the clock again. it's 19:15. Past the time he'd set for himself, but still a little wiggle room before the actual meet to transfer the detonator. Gods he wished he'd gone with his first instinct and just set this up as a comm from Sam's phone. Except, now that Sam wasn't going to even be there to personally set it off when he needed it, it was a good thing he'd opted for the artistic touch. He checked his watch again. 19:16. He needed to get out of here. Just then Delilah taps on the glass. "Oi, I've got a date tonight. I'll take my cred now, they're taking me to the bar from here." Ambrose made the transfer. Well, that was one gone. But, where was snakebite? Ambrose hadn't seen him since he'd told him to place the last bomb over 20 min's ago. Damn! Well hopefully he was already in the club watching for him and not in some shadow watching for him. 19:22! If he's going to make the meet he'd better hurry. After all he needs enough time to drive away, turn around and come back looking casual. Or maybe he'd just better go there now and hope that since it was behind the club he wouldn't be noticed.
« Last Edit: <05-12-15/1751:18> by ismilealot »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #388 on: <05-12-15/1640:04> »
The hour is 7:30, it all arrived so quickly Marco grabs a pink Martini and go out for the pickup. He messaged Arc and Yelena in the encrypted channel: "If you still have your cloths on... here goes."
His eyes are looking for ambrose... the reporter that is not a very good reporter.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #389 on: <05-12-15/2144:42> »
Ambrose didn't like the fact that Snakebite was missing, but he had to do what he had to do. Getting back into his car, he ponders for a moment about the ex-army and the fact that only now she started to bring up that she was having a date. Shaking his head slowly he checked the car for explosives.. After all, he was just working with a yak who might have thought that it was his time to go, after a quick sweep, the amount he cared about being blowed up dropped dramatically, with the increase of effort needed on his part to make sure they yak didn't do something.

He started the car and began to drive off towards the club. In hind sight, he oatta had set things up a bit differently, based on interactions with people, he could have gotten this John fella in comflict with the yaks, while he disappeared in the sea of flames. Perhaps another time.