NEWS

SMH 2015-01: Friendship is Tragic now available for Missions!

• 6 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <04-02-15/0210:14> »
This went live yesterday, but I was gone all day so didn't get to post it over here.  Jason posted this to ShadowrunTabletop.com yesterday.  While this is a goofy bit of fun for April Fools, it is also a 100% valid and playable Shadowrun Missions adventure, and is valid for use with the Living Campaign.

New free Shadowrun adventure released! Line developer assumed drunk
By JHARDY | Published: APRIL 1, 2015

[Note that this blog post is being dictated, as Mr. Hardy felt typing posed too great a challenge.]

I don’t … I just can’t … there’s ponies. Ponies and Amish. And they’re all thrown together and statted out. Statted! Stats for ponies!

The world used to make sense to me. Mr. Johnson … he wore a suit.  And he screwed you over good, and you took it! And yeah, there was gunfire and grenades and spells raining down all over, but it all worked! But now, now you kids with your Tumbles and your Instant Grahams and your, and your …

[unintelligible]

… couldn’t hold a candle to even one of Betty Grable’s legs! What was I talking about?

This adventure. Yeah. Did you see the cover? I didn’t know hallucinogens that strong even existed. Holy freakin’ cow dung on skateboard. You should see it. Gaze upon the madness. Gaze!

And here’s where it gets horrible, where my reality and my nightmares twist into some terrible pretzel of madness. I have that horse! On the cover. She’s in my house!

It’s just … I can’t … I can’t think about this. So take it. Take your adventure with the ponies and Amish and war buggies, and you go play it. It’s a Mission, they tell me! It’s real, they tell me! Do what you want with it. I gotta lie down.

SMH 2015-01 Friendship Is Tragic
« Last Edit: <04-02-15/0213:13> by Bull »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-02-15/0623:22> »
So...disturbing... ;)

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #2 on: <04-02-15/0832:21> »
So this is why my 9 years old niece asked me about Shadowrun the other day!  ;D

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-02-15/2108:09> »
SMH. How appropriate.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #4 on: <04-04-15/1523:53> »
This is pretty awesome. Also, nice to see the comeback of the Amish Warbuggy.

I always like how humorous and fitting all of CGL's April Fool's releases are. This all makes perfect sense to me in SR.

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <04-04-15/1649:57> »
There isn't enough Laés in the world to make me unsee this... :P

But so looking forward to running it.  :D
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #6 on: <04-04-15/2236:27> »
This is pretty awesome. Also, nice to see the comeback of the Amish Warbuggy.

I always like how humorous and fitting all of CGL's April Fool's releases are. This all makes perfect sense to me in SR.

I love to do really crazy and silly things for Shadowrun, but I also try very hard to always, ALWAYS make certain that even the silliest, stupidest thing I write still "fits" into the Shadowrun world.  So far I've worked on 4 April Fools products..  2 Missions Adventures that I didn't write, but came up with the concepts for them (This and Free Taiwan), plus Rigger 4 (Amish War Buggy and the Battlemech) and the Street Legends gag we did (I wrote the triplets).  And all of those are, to one degree or another, perfectly valid for Shadowrun.  :)