NEWS

Street Scum [Recruitment]

• 66 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #60 on: <03-13-15/2226:23> »
Hey, folks!

You might've noticed that I posted little the last few days (same goes for luckace who shares a flat with me). It's not because I don't like you (which I do) or am not motivated to play (which I am) but because internet in our flat broke down a couple of days ago. Thus, I only have internet access when I'm in school and internet works there (which rarely happens) or I'm in a hotel (which hardly happens) or in an internet café (which is happening now). I'll do what I can to keep up posting anyway. My posts are a little shorter than usualy, though. Sorry about that.

In the meanwhile I prepared you offline a list of NPCs you know. I hope you like it!

Before that: Novocrane, may I ask you for your char's backstory, please?

Also, please copy these questions and answer it for your char:

Is your char…

reliable         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
curious         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
social         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
loyal         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
disciplined      little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
authoritarian      little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
violent         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
proud         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
easily hurt      little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
careless         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
self-confident      little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
conceited         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
honest         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
self-disciplined      little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
playful         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
determined      little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
calm         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
exhibitionistic/open-minded   little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
diligent         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
trusting/naive      little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
good-hearted      little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
helpful         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
sensitive         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
polite         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
patient         little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so
a morning grumpiness   little   o  o  o  o  O  o  o  o  o    very much so

Questions

What’s his reason to be a shadowrunner?
What would make him end his career as a runner?
Would he ever kill? For what reasons?
Would he rob an old lady or a beggar? In what situation?
How does he appear to strangers?
What kind of relationship does he have to:
… animals?
… orks/trolls?
… dwarves?
… elves?
… women?
… foreigners?
… men?
… other people in general?
… his own religion?
… other religions?
… his family?
… magic?
… his friends?
Which kind of social ties are there?
When would he call someone a friend?
Is he prejudiced? In what way?
Are there some important events in his past?
Is he in love?
Is he in a partnership or even married?
What frightens him?
What’s his greatest ambition?
What drives him on?
What his greatest advantage?
What his greatest disadvantage?
What’s his Achilles heel?
What makes him furious?
What does he love?
Which kind of persons does he fancy?
Name 5 (±2) persons who matter in his life + a short descirption!

NPCs

Some gangers
  • Man Bahadur: The oldest of our kids (20), and a big brother for everyone.
  • Anita: A young girl (11) who is slick as a shadow and an amazing thief.
  • Simmy: A boy of about 12 who is always getting into trouble. One of his reasons is that he loves to play with knives. And people. And both simultaneously.
  • HarleQueen: The 17 years old ork girls is the ugliest person that was ever born to a homo sapiens. At least so she thinks. True, she's not a pretty although there acutally might be uglier persons (if you search long enough). In her teens she tried to camouflage it with make-up. It didn't work out so well, so she put on more make-up. When this didn't work, she still used more. People started calling her names like "clown" or "harlequin". By this time, she Awakened. Being able to hurt people just by thinking hard of it (and knowing many people you'd love to hurt) is a big boost in regard of your self-estimation. Thus, the little girl stopped avoiding her names, and instead embraced them. She started coloring her face (and other body parts) in artistic colors: sometimes clown-like, sometimes skeleton-like, sometimes just colorful. She now calls herself HarleQueen and kicks ass just as everybody else does.
  • Cissy: The 16 yo old boy hates violence and would rather be an elf than a troll. Still, a troll he is and he isn't ashamed of it. He has got a lot of piercing, tattoes and artistic scars to make himself look like the meanest bad-ass there is, just to disencourage people who are looking for a fight. Ah, and there's this huge spike club of his.
  • Kiran the cripple: He's not a cripple, he's just not particularly strong. But he's bright and very fond of reading. Kiran is not the archetype of the weak genius who knows everything and keeps saying stuff like "I once read in a book than chewing gum reacts with this kind of chemicals you find in the new pencils of Mitsuhama which will explode if a male barghest comes close." He just loves books and really is a cutie. He's usually hangs out with
  • Pita. An ork girl of 14 who loves talking to Kiran and has in muscles what she lacks in brains. They make a good team, though.
Some former gangers
  • Musaa (mouse): The boy is 9 years old and his true name is Bikki. But everyone started to call him mouse, not only because he was very small, but also because the little thief was always walking alone, on his own. Yeah, if you think about it, mice are not really solitary animals, but you never actually did think about it. Musaa left on one of his strolls through the city roughly four and a half months ago and never came back.
  • Som: The 16 year old boy is strong and calm, yet somewhat strange. When he went to nick some rupees three months ago, he never came back (nor did the money).
  • Durga: She's 14 and a nice (though very naive) young girl. She even had sort of a job (she helped in a kitchen). One day two months ago, she left without explaining a single word.
  • Binita: The 15 year old girl was best friends with Durga. After Durga's disappearance she left to search for her, never to return.
  • Prakash: The 17 year old do-no-good allegedly was killed in a fight with gangers from another group, though his death was never confirmed.
Envorinment
  • Keshav: He is one of Sano Souraj's men, but never truly understood Souraj's mission. He controls our block and comes every now and then to "politely ask for a contribution to this just cause". He's a drunkard, loves to hit children and is not a nice fellow in general. That doesn't mean he's evil, just a little mean. In case we really need something, we still might consider consulting him.
  • Crack: The ork is a former shadowrunner. He's not the youngest anymore and doesn't look for thrill. He works for Keshav to make sure the donations come right where they belong.
  • Sabina: Keshav's child. She's suffering from an uncurable and very unpleasant disease.
  • Ama Pema: An elderly woman who runs a little grocery in the neighbourhood. She is a kind madam and sometimes gives us fruit or vegetables which are only a little rotten.
  • Suman: Ama Pema's husband. He's a grumpy old alcoholic and doesn't really share his wife's beneficial inclinations.
  • Father Rajesh: The old ascet and sadhu is the only really Awakened person we know. Father Rajesh prefers his version of loneliness in the slums of Kathmandu, but he's a kind and good-natured person. And a beggar which is a nuisance as people prefer giving money to him than to us.
« Last Edit: <03-15-15/2316:07> by Volker »
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <03-14-15/0514:56> »
Added the questionaire to my character sheet
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <03-15-15/0355:08> »
Good, thanks! I'll take a look at it asap.

@Jack_Spade: Maybe I was unclear in yesterday's hurry: There was no party yet, and no dancing.
Holi is a festival in which traditionally kids and youths attack each other with bags and buckets of water (and any other way to make each other wet) and "bless" each other with colors. Or they do both simultaneously, throwing bags with colored water at each other. It's a fun festival and would slowly cease after noon, because it's getting to cold.
In the evening, at least 2075 Nepalese do parties so sinful they make up for the lack of a proper SIN for all the people. This is, where the grown-up youths really have fun, where you drink alcohol, smoke weed, take drugs, dance, scream, f*** and do everything else your moms and dads would not want you to do. This is what's before us on Big Baba Bishnu's turf.

Cissy (who's only a NPC anywhere) is somewhere else, so it's only you four guys "trying to get lucky" at the moment.

@all
I updated my previous post and added some more NPCs. You can, of course, interact in any way with these NPCs. This group is very poor in fighting and magical abilities, so in case you'd like to ask somebody for help, feel free to do so.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <03-15-15/0616:32> »
Ah, I see. I was wondering about that time jump ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <03-15-15/2242:50> »
Sorry about that. I just had like 15-20 minutes to resolve all my internet affairs. Our house owner is a bitch and after a disagreement with our project leader she just changed the password. As if incidentally, at the same time our internet system in the office broke down. It seems to sort of work again, though.

The main thread is going to be on really soon.

[EDIT: Main thread is online. Regarding Musaa, please check the (updated) list of NSCs in the OOC thread. The game is now officially started!]
« Last Edit: <03-15-15/2320:22> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <03-16-15/0535:07> »
please
"normal speech"