NEWS

Street Scum [Recruitment]

• 66 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <03-05-15/0020:25> »
About the story thanks.  He is definitely be part of a gang, his fixer is the gang leader already. (or a local ganger that is responsible of the local hood)

About the crunch you got it wrong he was super un-optimized with pacificst 2 do not use violence ever. But he cannot realistically be a ganger with that quality so I reduced it to 1 - only for self defense.

I removed the sensitive system sorry sort of missed the meaning of the quality. This is my first mundane char ever. The negatives qualities are just for a body of 3 anyhow - if they do not fit I'll just play him with body 2 no fuss ... 

The 1 skills are just the stealth group that I imagine he could not live on the street without being somewhat skilled in. He is not passionate about sneaking, lifting wallets and stuff like that but he definitely will do so if desperate enough.

He do not have that many skill points to go around - skills D -  but I could drop from his teaser dice pools if it is needed. It is not like he is any good at combatant anyhow - being pacifist and only use violence for self defense. That teaser may rest on his hip for a long while. I couldn't picture him completely unarmed in a world with trolls and orcs that are so much stronger and share the street with him.

If we kill someone not for self defense -  he'll have nightmares for weeks with dicepool penalty.  I think it makes him more of a person - I mean a lot of the people I know fit the description of the pacifist trait. It is normative quality - just not fit with professional shadowrunners that are somewhat sociopaths - that can kill someone at night go to sleep and continue as if nothing happened. 

new crunch ;)

== Info ==
Street Name:
Name: Lucky
Movement: 10/20
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0
Human
Composure: 9
Judge Intentions: 11
Lift/Carry: 5 (30 kg/20 kg)
Memory: 4
Nuyen: 0

== Priorities ==
Metatype: C - Human, Dwarf, Elf, or Ork
Attributes: B - 20 Attributes
Special: E extra - Mundane (0)
Skills: D - 22 Skills/0 Skill Groups
Resources: E extra - 6,000¥ (0)

== Attributes ==
BOD: 3
AGI: 5
REA: 5
STR: 2
CHA: 6
INT: 5
LOG: 2
WIL: 3
EDG: 7

== Derived Attributes ==
Essence:                   6
Initiative:                10 + 1d6
Rigger Initiative:         10 + 1d6
Astral Initiative:         
Matrix AR Initiative:      10 + 1d6
Matrix Cold Initiative:    5 + DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     5 + DP + 4d6
Physical Damage Track:     10
Stun Damage Track:         10

== Limits ==
Physical:                  4
Mental:                    4
Social:                    7
Astral:                    7

== Active Skills ==
Animal Handling            : 0                      Pool: 5
Archery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Automatics                 : 0                      Pool: 4
Blades                     : 0                      Pool: 4
Clubs                      : 0                      Pool: 4
Con                        : 4 [Seduction]          Pool: 10 (12)
Disguise                   : 1                      Pool: 6
Diving                     : 0                      Pool: 2
Escape Artist              : 0                      Pool: 4
Etiquette                  : 0                      Pool: 5
Free-Fall                  : 0                      Pool: 2
Gunnery                    : 0                      Pool: 4
Gymnastics                 : 0                      Pool: 4
Heavy Weapons              : 0                      Pool: 4
Impersonation              : 3 [Human]              Pool: 9 (11)
Instruction                : 0                      Pool: 5
Intimidation               : 0                      Pool: 5
Leadership                 : 0                      Pool: 5
Longarms                   : 0                      Pool: 4
Navigation                 : 0                      Pool: 4
Negotiation                : 0                      Pool: 5
Palming                    : 1                      Pool: 6
Perception                 : 3 [Visual]             Pool: 8 (10)
Performance                : 4 [Guitar]             Pool: 10 (12)
Pilot Ground Craft         : 0                      Pool: 4
Pilot Watercraft           : 0                      Pool: 4
Pistols                    : 4 [Tasers]             Pool: 9 (11)
Running                    : 0                      Pool: 1
Sneaking                   : 1                      Pool: 6
Survival                   : 0                      Pool: 2
Swimming                   : 0                      Pool: 1
Throwing Weapons           : 0                      Pool: 4
Tracking                   : 0                      Pool: 4
Unarmed Combat             : 0                      Pool: 4

== Knowledge Skills ==
Bars and Clubs             : 1                      Pool: 6
English                    : N                      Pool: 0
Music                      : 6                      Pool: 7
Or'zet                     : 4                      Pool: 9
Sprawl Life                : 1                      Pool: 6

== Contacts ==
Jake-Fixer (2, 5)
pops (1, 6)
Tammie (3, 4)

== Qualities ==
Emotional Attachment
First Impression
Home Ground ((TBD))
Low Pain Tolerance
Pacifist I

== Armor ==
Armor Jacket                        12
Helmet                              2

== Weapons ==
Tiffani-Defiance Protector
   +Gecko Grip
   +Laser Sight
   Pool: 9 (11)   Accuracy: 6   DV: 7S(e)   AP: -5   RC: 1
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 4   Accuracy: 4   DV: 2S   AP: -   RC: 1

== Gear ==
Ammo: Taser Dart (Tasers) x10
Guitar
Speciel Rules Adjuster

== Karma Expenses ==

== Nuyen Expenses ==

Settings -
m... I do not know much about shadow world and as I imagine my char never left his hood anyhow I think it is over rated.

I also like the group of street rats, but can totally do a gang. But gangs are just a bit darker and I do not sure I want Lucky to be extorting businesses, pimping or selling drugs. I mean this is what you do in gangs and the limitations on character build seems to be more 'street rat' gang.  I mean - we cannot have an assault rifle and armor with this kind of resources, no medkit and weapon. We are obviously not build for destruction - if your character has a descent medkit - this is his special thing. This sound like a street rat to me.

In a gang we would have been slightly richer - not shadow runner rich but we would definitely have med-kits, assault rifles and  god forbids a bike. So I am up for growing up together we know each other better than anything are sort of a 'family'. We either live together or hang around all the time.

Building lucky - I tried to make him proud to have a teaser for self defense. It is a big deal for him, I couldn't start with an assault rifle and leather jacket for example.
Maybe having a gang  in the sense of us living togheter having fun, looking out for each other stuff like that.

« Last Edit: <03-05-15/0642:19> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <03-05-15/0058:04> »
@Volker
The qualities are from Core and Run Faster.
Ex-Con includes a criminal sin. If that's a problem, I'll just add an allergy and a few other things to the mix instead.
The Knowledege Skills include 20 bonus karma (using after generation improvement costs)

And yes: I plan to include a longer backstory, once I know where we play.

As mentioned, I'm ok with Lagos since Novocrane kindly provided some background info.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <03-05-15/0110:52> »
Okay, if everyone's fine with that, a gang of street rats it is.

Now as to the location: Let's do a vote: Everyone can give 3, 2, 1 and 0 points each to the following settings:
  • Seattle
  • Essen (or similar)
  • Lagos
  • New Delhi (or similar)
@Novocrane: The build seems to be fine, save for the same problem with the skills. I'm aware than 1 and 4s (or usually 6s) are most effective, but that's not what it's about here. No one is either totally blue or totally experienced in everything. I'd like to ask you to spread the skills a little more realistic.
Otherwise the build seems to be fine.

Could you please provide me the rules for
SURGE III (Bovine, 18/18)
+Ogre Stomach (8)
+Satyr Legs (10)
-Berserker (6)
-Impaired Attribute: Body (8)
-Striking Skin Pigmentation (4)
Thanks!

Don't forget you get 20 free Karma for Interests!

@gilga   

super! I like it
Did you spend your Interest skills?

@Jack_Spade

Ex-Con is fine.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <03-05-15/0646:13> »
Nope, not yet I am not sure yet what he'll be interested in besides music. Perhaps once we're more settled.

I'll be more comfortable in Essen or Seattle because I can understand the culture. Lagos seems also cool I hope I can connect. I do not know if there is fluff about Jerusalem (and if there is if it is any good) but it is an amazing city in 2015 and I personally met some 'street rats' living there.

All in all I think it boils down to the question of who the GM is and what place he can make come to live. I think that Tokyo it s a great city Lagos is great - but for example if I tell about these places they'll degrade to generic places.

If I was a GM I would have suggested Jerusalem because it is a place I can tell stories about, having lived nearby as a teenager and met people that live there both established and from the fringe of society.
I can totally picture a group of street rats messing around in the streets of Jerusalem there are many like that. Most come from super religious homes that could not accept them.

It is a diverse city with its own unique psychological syndrom - some visit as tourists and become crazy thinking that they are prophets or the sort.  There was a famous homeless person that was sure he is king David. People called him David and even bowed to him because he was a talented musician, probably learned for many years before he went crazy.  he was a celebrity - you couldn't live on the streets without knowing him. He also dressed up the part with long white robe and yes a crown.

Now take all this tension in that city and put it in a world where there are spirits and magic are real.   megacorps that try to tap into the special magical qualities of the place - spirits that claim they are gods. Religious/magical cults, street gangs selling drugs. white collar coming for a spiritual experience and discover a very modest reality a very poor city with its own problems - drugs, prostitution crime - you name it Jerusalem got it today.

Every stone you pick in Jerusalem has history - everyplace you try to build you will have resistance. 2075 I imagine it as a city where magic, money, mysticism, religion and politics collide together.   Something have to happen - so many conflicting interests in such a small ground.

So I'd say we shouldn't vote on a location it should be a location where Volker feels comfortable telling believable stories about. Every place is interesting if you know it closely enough - and the most interesting place will become 'generic' settings if you do not know it well enough.

« Last Edit: <03-05-15/0949:03> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <03-05-15/1047:19> »
That's actually a very good thought. Okay, let's think about it shortly (I don't have much time, so I'm also going to answer PMs tomorrow).

Seattle: I guess I know it as well as anybody: from books, but there's a lot of material and novels and stuff. Nothing special, but I think I can do a fair enough Seattle.
Linz: This I could make very plastic. It's the place I live in and since we have another group in Linz, we already fleshed out the 2075 Linz. It's nothing like Jerusalem or Stonehenge, but it's a nice place.
Essen: Never been there, but Germany has some good back stories from official side and as a native Austrian I guess I could picture Germans quite nicely. Maybe some prejudices will lead to a slightly klischee-like Germany which should be fun :)
Lagos: Never been there, no idea 'bout it. Sounds interesting and maybe I can do it, but no better than anyone else.
Kathmandu: I live there right now and I've been here for half a year already.  I guess I could make a cool 2075 Kathmandu :)
Delhi: No idea but I think of it as an extreme Kathmandu.
Athens: Also no real idea, but I could read something and have a basic idea about Greek mythology. Combined, it should make a fun environment to play in.

Your choice, lads. Elsewise, we vote gilga for GM and play in Jerusalem :D
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-05-15/1619:44> »
In that case I'm for Linz or Seattle.
To slightly misquote you:
"As a native German I guess I could picture Austrians quite nicely. Maybe some prejudices will lead to a slightly klischee-like Austria which should be fun"
 ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <03-05-15/2121:31> »
I'm guesing space is taken up on here?
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <03-05-15/2208:30> »
I'm guesing space is taken up on here?

Not entirely. Actually, one of my friends quit, so there's a slot free.

@all:

It seems the basic question is: developed world (e.g. Linz) or undeveloped world (e.g. Kathmandu).

The questions about real-life experience or no is basically: How authentic does it have to be. Is it enough it is an interesting, amazing experience? Or do you want it to be an authentic, interesting, amazing experience?

I can flesh out a cool background story for, say, Athens or Lagos, but I don't know the culture. I would use what little info there is available and make up the rest. I've been working on a pnp role play game for more then ten years now, so I have some experience in making up interesting worlds. If that's fine by you, we can play pretty much anywhere.

If you want an authentic touch, I would suggest Linz (developed world) or Kathmandu (developing world) since I've lived in both places and know and understand the mentality pretty well.

In my opinion the advantages of a developed world setting would be that we can focus on a sort of quest because we're not SO busy in surviving. The advantage of the developing world would be the same: We could even closer experience the life of gutter rats in their struggle for survival. The images Novocrane posted are inspiring (in a very, very macabre way).
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <03-06-15/0348:04> »
About Kathmandu I am not sure how 'undeveloped' it is in 2075. A lot can happen in 50 years, just imagine where China is today and where they were 60 years ago. The largest economy in our world was nothing 60 years ago. 60 years from now they may well be very different - possibly even the most technologically advanced country in the world. Just saying tough stuff constantly changes.  So as a fictional story it does not have to be authentic.

Wired to say that but i know more about Kathmandu than about Linz being Israeli a lot of my friends traveled to Nepal after the army. I'll live in Europe soon so I'll probably visit Austria and I've been to Germany as a tourist a couple of times.

Just because we need to decide I vote Kathmandu but I do not feel strongly about it at all.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <03-06-15/2155:36> »
Might be that I met some of your chummers. I met a hell o' a lot of Israelis on Annapurna Circuit (couple o' days before hell was unleashed at the pass...).

China was already a Maoist people's republic that held the United States in check 60 years ago.
About Kathmandu: All the information I can find online (http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Kathmandu) is: Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal. About Nepal, all I can find is: During Halley's Comet visit, naturally occurring orichalcum discovered (yotc.85).

In other words: There is nothing official. We/I can build our version of Kathmandu 2075, the way we want it to be. Since I've been living here for quite a time I think I'd be able to create one possible version of 2075 that's fun to play in. And there sure as hell will be slums so nasty it will cost you some effort to throw even a fictive character in there!

Ah, and by the way: When you're in Europa go to Austria first ;-) People are nicer there than in Germany (note: Bavarians are not Germans) (note 2: It's a joke. But a joke an Austrian has to make.)

I'd be happy if we could decide on the setting soon so that I can stay working on our environment and gang and stuff.
« Last Edit: <03-06-15/2356:36> by Volker »
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <03-07-15/0010:12> »
My prefered setting would probably be Kathmandu, should be fun to create our own backstory about this place. But Lagos sounds really cool too!
My points are as follows:
Kathmandu: 3
Lagos: 2
Linz, Essen etc.: 1

I'll upload my character as soon as possible, I'm sorry it takes so long...
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-07-15/0033:11> »
Katmandu it is then!

Ah, and by the way: When you're in Europa go to Austria first ;-) People are nicer there than in Germany (note: Bavarians are not Germans) (note 2: It's a joke. But a joke an Austrian has to make.)

I've been to Germany twice already I sort of like Germans, the one thing that I cannot get used to is how polite all the people I've met were... then again I only met a very specific kind of people, grad students and professors describe most of them.  I'll definitely visit Austria tough.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <03-07-15/0214:24> »
I'd like to wait for Jack_Spade's vote first.

Novocrane voted against Kathmandu (or New Delhi, as Kathmandu's representative). If you, Novocrane, absolutely don't want to live in ktm, please say so. Then we'll play somewhere else. It sounded as if you wouldn't mind it, though.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <03-07-15/0243:31> »
Fine! If Jack_Spade is also okay with the setting I'm going to start fleshing out ktm75 today.
That's kewl.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <03-07-15/0309:16> »
Throwing weapons fits best I think as you could practice throwing stones.