NEWS

Life modules a question

• 19 Replies

Lonewheels

• Newb
« on: <02-23-15/1533:59> »
Currently i am building a 1000 karma troll adept. for fun and i came to question myself because i like the background 0f the character.

i use the following modules

Nation:  NAN PCC
F. Years:  Rich Kid
T tears:  Magical education
F. Education: Community college business
F..Education:  State Uni. law
R, life,: Corporate Company man

The question is after choosing Magical education and forcing me to take the Corporate module for real life i took
two further educations as with in the rules for those.

But after rereading the text i am a bit confused  am i allowed to take the two further educations when i have to go the corporate module.

According to house ruling i can but what are your thoughts on it

regards Lonewheels

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-23-15/1551:47> »
AFAIK the only section where you can select multiple modules is the Real Life Section and you still cannot select any one module more than once.

Lonewheels

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-23-15/1557:30> »
Community college has a opening for going to state university or college, see page 73 of run faster.

My question was if i take M. Education can i take ruleswise this route en go to real lifw corporate.

regards,

Lonewheels

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <02-23-15/1558:42> »
Should be possible. Why would the corps bar you from a better education if you're working for them anyways afterwards?
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Lonewheels

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-23-15/1607:10> »
i agree with you but magical education says you have to take corporate ofter choosing a further education module.

House rule say's yes

book rule is confusing

regards,

Lonewheeks

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-23-15/1642:48> »
My understanding is,

1) Magical Education = you must take corporate work either after further education or straight away if you don't take further education.
2) Stare College = you can take a further university module before real life.

Therefore you can do magical education, state college, university so long as you then take corporate on graduation.

Lonewheels

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <02-23-15/1657:13> »
my reasoning also , we went into a conclave and house ruled it;.

I think we agree mostly in this topic,

regards

Lonewheels

Lonewheels

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <02-23-15/1725:47> »
On a different note.
Should the knowledge skill 'business practices" remain or be replaced by knowledge PCC corporation +1

regards

Lonewheels

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-23-15/2119:45> »
What skill is that? I don't recall seeing a business practices so where you going for say knowing how to run a business, knowing about a specific corporation, something else?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <02-23-15/2242:41> »
What skill is that? I don't recall seeing a business practices so where you going for say knowing how to run a business, knowing about a specific corporation, something else?

Knowledge skill choices are very nebulous and undefined. There are a few suggestions printed, but there is--unfortunately--no definitive list. There should be a comprehensive listing, but there isn't.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Lonewheels

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <02-24-15/0355:20> »
Senko look under the NAN details for the PCC, page 67.

the strange thing is under further education you get knowledge business without the practise part.
Well it's like All4bigguns say's nebulous.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-24-15/0424:14> »
Ah thanks, in that case I'd say keep it as is.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <02-24-15/0912:18> »
I'd hate to see a definitive list of Knowledge skills--that's one of the places on the character sheet that the player's creativity really gets a chance to express itself.

Business Practices would cover the types of things you learn either through practical management experience or MBA-type classes.  Logistics, operations management, valuation, and so forth--what a business grad knows.  If you take a Knowledge Skill in a specific corporation, you know who runs it, what it does, and how that specific corporation is run--what a reporter writing a profile on the company may know.  The corporate structure of Shiawase is different than that of Ares, so Knowledge: Ares isn't going to help you figure out what's going on with the Shiawase boardroom.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Lonewheels

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <02-24-15/1125:05> »
I agree with you,

but having Business procedures and Business both as knowledge i think they both cover knowledge in business and could be the same knowledge.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #14 on: <02-24-15/1947:15> »
Have to disagree, lonewheels. Business practices is the practical application side of business knowledge, things like line management, valuation, human resources management, accounting procedures, and so on. Business knowledge is general, things like business laws, administration, and so on. An M.B.A. graduate would have a higher rating in business than in business practices, but after a few years of experience, the ratings would be the same, maybe even higher for business practices, and definitely after a decade of experience.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?