NEWS

[SR5] Not a n00b Decker

• 7 Replies

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« on: <01-20-15/0717:55> »
Might use as NPC, might Play...

If anyone can think of better street name...

Thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Thanks )
« Last Edit: <01-20-15/0728:53> by Bushw4cker »
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-20-15/0718:54> »
Picture of what I had in mind for character
« Last Edit: <01-20-15/0726:41> by Bushw4cker »
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-20-15/0742:39> »
He seems like a solid decker, but I would not take him to combat.  While AR is attractive - I'd be tempted to hack in VR and take a control rig + drone. (just a single one). Since you have such divine logic + intuition you get logic + intuition to doge (perheaps with 1 control rig, 2 hot sim not sure) . and  logic + gunnery + 2(hot sim) + 1 control rig  to shot stuff.  with just 2 points of gunnery (1 + spec ) you get 14 points to shot stuff, enough for self defense. 

Or not ;) I mean AR hacking has its own merits.

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <01-20-15/0823:18> »
He seems like a solid decker, but I would not take him to combat.  While AR is attractive - I'd be tempted to hack in VR and take a control rig + drone. (just a single one). Since you have such divine logic + intuition you get logic + intuition to doge (perheaps with 1 control rig, 2 hot sim not sure) . and  logic + gunnery + 2(hot sim) + 1 control rig  to shot stuff.  with just 2 points of gunnery (1 + spec ) you get 14 points to shot stuff, enough for self defense. 

Or not ;) I mean AR hacking has its own merits.

He would be staying in his comfort zone in the Matrix. For Combat though, I was thinking that a lot of people are going to be reluctant to use deadly force against someone who looks like a 10 year old child and is completely unarmed.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-20-15/0904:49> »
Except for gangers.
And you even then deadly force will not be necessary, you can also be taken hostage or arrested. You can and will be arrested if your answer for a KE oficcer's question "What are you doing here, kid? Are you lost?" is always "GO FRAG YOURSELF N00B!"
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #5 on: <01-20-15/0922:18> »
I wouldn't consider it playable in most games, far to many 1's in attributes.
As an NPC I could maybe see this flying.
The child thing is fine, but the shadows are not a warm happy place that has patience for children.
If anything it could back fire. Being seen as a child means never being taken seriously.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

revolverocelot420

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <01-20-15/0926:47> »
You better just you never meet a shark totem in the me at world he'll eat you alive.

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <01-20-15/1104:34> »
I wouldn't consider it playable in most games, far to many 1's in attributes.
As an NPC I could maybe see this flying.
The child thing is fine, but the shadows are not a warm happy place that has patience for children.
If anything it could back fire. Being seen as a child means never being taken seriously.

Normally I don't like having any attributes rating 1, but I think 25Kg Extreme Matrix Gamer/Decker is going to have a Body and Strength of 1. I think the Charisma fits concept as well. Imagine the most cocky annoying online gamer you've ever encountered. If I played as NPC or PC, his attitude would be completely different when not in the Matrix where he is in his element. Like being a fish out of water.