NEWS

Sum to 10 - Pixie Magician

• 31 Replies

Squirrel

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <01-20-15/1858:42> »
@8-bit:
Yes if you make a pixie sized thing, it works for them just fine. my point is, no one has any reason to produce anything for them in advance. Which would translate into significantly higher than 100% increase in lifestyle. Delivery times must be awfully long for certain objects.
They could for example use an electronically firing gun if they could somehow balance it. I do not want to make the concept unplayable and would always try to find a appropriate and playable solution. But some boundaries will prevail.

My pixie concept uses a rating 1 bow with stick and shock arrows. Aside from the 12G(e) -1AP it has a short range of 1 meter, but who cares?
A Bow can be made of such small size. Yet I would never just hand wave gear that doesn't exist. Yes a troll pays more, which I like as an ease compared to 4th, but trolls actually exist in large enough numbers with enough involvement in modern society that someone can reliably make money with selling this stuff to them.

If you would go for a lifestyle increase I'd go with at least 200% as there is basically nothing prefabricated for you. Ok food...
Please excuse my English as it is not my first language. Misunderstandings are inevitable and smell peachy enough to be forgiven. Thank you :)

8-bit

« Reply #31 on: <01-20-15/1900:37> »
@8-bit:
Yes if you make a pixie sized thing, it works for them just fine. my point is, no one has any reason to produce anything for them in advance. Which would translate into significantly higher than 100% increase in lifestyle. Delivery times must be awfully long for certain objects.
They could for example use an electronically firing gun if they could somehow balance it. I do not want to make the concept unplayable and would always try to find a appropriate and playable solution. But some boundaries will prevail.

My pixie concept uses a rating 1 bow with stick and shock arrows. Aside from the 12G(e) -1AP it has a short range of 1 meter, but who cares?
A Bow can be made of such small size. Yet I would never just hand wave gear that doesn't exist. Yes a troll pays more, which I like as an ease compared to 4th, but trolls actually exist in large enough numbers with enough involvement in modern society that someone can reliably make money with selling this stuff to them.

If you would go for a lifestyle increase I'd go with at least 200% as there is basically nothing prefabricated for you. Ok food...

I agree with a 200% or more expense. I mean, most Pixies don't even live in the "civilized world". Just saying that I would rather handwave it as a lifestyle increase (much like Trolls) than change or make a GM decision on each item.