NEWS

Unarmed combat skill, cyber implant weapons, and Run & Gun martial arts

• 20 Replies

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <01-15-15/1631:33> »
Agreed--my character has the ubiquitous Semi-Auto specialization.  (Although I'm curious to see how things shake out with the return of the Guardian.)  Pilot Ground Craft (Wheeled) is another classic in that category.  As utilitarian as those specializations are, I just don't think they're very interesting.  So if I have to give up fairly vanilla specializations to get much more flavorful specializations, I'm all for it.  Unarmed Combat lends itself more to this process than Pilot Ground Craft, for obvious reasons.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

8-bit

« Reply #16 on: <01-15-15/1634:51> »
I can agree with that; I like flavorful specializations. Like Blades (+2 Samurai Style), that apply to Katana, Wakizashi and Tanto (the stats of the Wakizashi are identical to a Sword, and the stats of the Tanto are identical to the Combat Knife, but we treat them as separate weapons. So, you couldn't just pick up any Combat Knife, or any Sword and use the specialization.)

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-15-15/1641:24> »
Specializations are probably the most house-ruled thing I have.  My favorite was the "Bad Ideas" specialization of a vehicle skill the rigger took.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-15-15/1720:40> »
Specializations are probably the most house-ruled thing I have.  My favorite was the "Bad Ideas" specialization of a vehicle skill the rigger took.

that's amazing. I will have to steal that the next time i find myself at a table. It's just flavorful enough to work. Add that to poor self control thrill seeker and you have yourself a party!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <01-15-15/2036:53> »

that's amazing. I will have to steal that the next time i find myself at a table. It's just flavorful enough to work. Add that to poor self control thrill seeker and you have yourself a party!

Paint your car orange and hail from the CAS and it would be my knid of party, Do I hear a soundtrack?

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <01-16-15/0252:20> »
my Dedicated Marksman (Violent Violet, a female Dwarf) has the knowledgeskill Weapons and Ammo with the Spezialisation: by Sound
;)

with a specialiced Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8