NEWS

"Who The Frag Is...?" [random shadowrunner generator]

• 38 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #30 on: <01-13-15/1139:17> »
To be honest, I only noticed because I'm on a touchpad on this particular laptop, and it makes me hate everything that makes me move my mouse.  ;)

But overall, this is just me desperately trying to be constructive by finding some sort of suggestion to make, to help make it the best it can be.

Sipowitz

• Omae
  • Smile for the camera
« Reply #31 on: <01-13-15/1317:29> »
Got a couple interesting ones

Razor, he's a wise-ass Elf Edgerunner from the Sioux Nation who takes naps at the most inappropriate moments.
Mongrel, she's an irresponsible Dwarf Rigger from the Sioux Nation who once crashed a Mafia wedding.
Critias, she's an uninhibited Human Cat Burglar from the Barrens who is hunted by Saeder-Krupp.
Hatchet, he's a cultured Troll Rigger from China who is hunted by a Dragon.

And lastly
Edge, he's a music loving Elf Rocker from Tokyo who is afraid of the sewers subway.

This one kinda fits with an arc I ran back in 4e.  It had a Ghoul Death Metal band that lived in part of the subway in New York.

Magnaric

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <01-13-15/1424:22> »
Ooh, this is very cool. I may start using this as a basis for NPCs when my brain is sleep deprived.

Like Astral Claw, she's a short-tempered Troll Occult Investigator from Paris who is owed a favour by the Yakuza.
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #33 on: <01-13-15/1430:56> »
Thanks! :)

And for anybody who would like to use it as a quick "idea generator" during their games (Which is its main objective, really): Because this thing is done in javascript, it works on pretty much all smartphones and tablets. So you can use it wherever you are, and either use the idea as-is, or pull just enough data out of it to flesh any random NPC your players just met.
Where can we go to submit ideas for names, quirks, and the rest?  :)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

MattCeb

• Newb
  • Devious Procrastinator
« Reply #34 on: <01-13-15/1707:41> »
You can use this thread!

But, yeah. I should set something up, shouldn't I. Mh.
I'll see what I can do. :)

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #35 on: <01-13-15/1739:11> »
Great idea!
I took the liberty to share the link on my website as well (with all due credit of course :))
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #36 on: <01-13-15/1840:42> »
Loving this!

Spider, he's an awakened Ork ex-Bodyguard from Tir Tairngire who is constantly humming off-key pop songs.

Rat, she's an ambitious Human Cat Burglar from Pomoria who survived a Ghoul hunt as a child. [Note: Rat the cat burglar? :) ]

Tarantula, she's a drug-hating Troll Gutter Punk from Rhine-Ruhr who thinks that grunting and shrugging count as polite conversation.
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #37 on: <01-13-15/2202:14> »
"Carbon, he's a fun loving elf mage who doesn't believe in magic"

lololololol
Hey, remember "Psionics" from earlier editions, who insisted their tricks were being done through sheer force of will, not some external power?  Sounds like you could make it work, to me.

Sounds like RP gold.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #38 on: <01-14-15/0251:03> »
Flash, he’s a clever Human Reporter from the UCAS who smokes enough to contribute to the air-pollution warning levels.

I'm totally making this guy a regular NPC in my games :D
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)