NEWS

[IC] A Kriminal Affair

• 126 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #120 on: <01-03-15/0258:45> »
"I cannot speak for the others, but I assumed the payment would fall under the "details" of the run, and I only agreed to discuss the details just now. I find that price is usually negotiable once more information is understood; you were the one with the ultimatum. I assure you, we are professionals." He pauses a moment to let his words sink in. "All right, let's get down to business, shall we?" He says with a smile.

"Let's start with who we're running against. Is it one of the Big Ten? If it isn't, there might be less security that will make our job easier."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #121 on: <01-03-15/0425:30> »
Harry rubs his hands and flashes you another smile. In the shadow biz there are a lot of smiles: Polite, fake smiles. Death promising smiles. Tactical smiles. This one seems a genuine one, though.

"So-ka, now the ice is broken let's get to the core o' stuff.
The target ain't no big ten. It's Krime, a Russian arms company. You might have heard of them. They have a market share in the UCAS, but it's not well-represented."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SnowDragon

• Chummer
  • "I gag him and throw him down the stairs!"
« Reply #122 on: <01-03-15/1734:50> »
Titanium had been awfully silent in that professional manner of hers, standing and in fact moving to lean against the wall, nodding every now and then as their Johnson spoke. A feel gooder. Man, she was getting into these more and more every day. A little smile bore across her lips. And they were providing a helicopter as well? How... handy. She had been silent for so long that some might have been surprised when she actually spoke up at all.

"Krime," She repeated, after the Johnson paused, "Know of 'em. Produce the one of the modern knock offs of the A-K." Shadowrunner's attacking a gun factory? That'd be a first. Mentally, she was already running through the logisitics of the operation...

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #123 on: <01-06-15/0231:49> »
"Actually their most sold arm in North America is an assault cannon. Basically the Russian version of the notorious Panther XXL, only half the price. But let me assure you, they do not build infantry weapons in the factory you're going to sabotage. We don't know any details, but we are talking about mass-destruction weapons here.
Mass-destruction weapons that are going to be tested in inhabitated regions, to be specific."
There is a fire burning in Harry's eyes, and you don't have to be a psychologist to read the fury in his face.

Frozen Yoghurt leans back. His expression his difficult to read, but you think "contempt" could be a word that doesn't suit all too badly.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #124 on: <01-19-15/2250:27> »
"I'm sorry"
Hermes gets up and straightens his suit. "The job really sounds tempting, but business prevents me from staying abroad a lengthened span of time. I have to thankfully refuse your offer, Mr. Johnson."

Hairy Johnson follow Hermes with his eyes, chaws twitching. You can see he doesn't like it. He even likes less what's happening next.

"I'm out as well"
It's Mercy's voice. "No way I'm going to friggin' Russia. In Seattle I get twice the dough in the same time without freezing my ass off. Night, chummers."

They both leave the room, before Harry is able to say:
"Ummh..."

It is FY's deep, dry voice that interrupts us. "There go our gunslingers. I guess, Russia is no safe spot for a runner team without some muscle.
I know someone. She's good and she's professional. I'll call."

You see Mr. Johnson is uncomfortable about losing control, but then, he seems to  lack a better idea. He just nods approval to at least maintain the illusion of being in charge.

FY takes up his 'link. After less then two seconds he says: "Who am I talking to?"
His voice is rough but pleasant. He waits for a response, than smiles his predatory smile of his says with a perfectly calm voice: "16k is what I'm calling for."
Another span of silence, then FY smiles again, this time friendlier. Or amused. "To keep it short. I'm in a meeting with Mr. Johnson right now. Our muscles jumped off because they don't fancy spending some time in Russia, cuz that's where it's going. Sabotage. You wanna do the gilette, now is a good time to say so"
Silence.
"Mr. Johnson is from TerraFirst! We get the flight and a heli in Russia. 16.000 Nuyen each. There is a weapon factory we're supposed to blow up. And we are to secure some plans. Are you in?"
Response time.
"Meet me in two hours at Dave's. I'll give you the details and introduce you to whoever wants to come."

"She's in," FY announces.

Hairy Johnson nods in appreciation, but doesn't smile.
"Good... Well. Are there, um, any other questions? Otherwise I will take your presence as a yes."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

8-bit

« Reply #125 on: <01-20-15/0104:25> »
Arachnos smiles and lightly taps his fingers on the arm of his chair. "Now, Harry, we're all friends here, aren't we? The others," he gestures with his hand at the door, "may have left, but the rest of us are good to our word. You don't need to convince us to take the job, but what you do need to do is tell us what our job is. You said you want us to destroy this facility. Would you care to elaborate on what you mean? Discreetly sabotaging a place and destroying their prototype and blueprints is a different story than," he pauses for a moment, and what appears to be a slight look of distaste crosses his face, "blowing up a research facility. Don't hold anything back, it would be ... unfortunate if this run were to be compromised by lies and secrecy."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #126 on: <01-20-15/0238:07> »
"Ho, I'm not lying or keeping anything secret"
He raises his arms in a defensive gesture.
"The target is to prevent this mass-destruction weapon - you will find anything we know about it on the chip I gave you - from ever coming to be fired. This means, TerraFirst! wants you to destroy all the data you can find about the bomb, all the prototypes and all the facilities for its construction so thouroughly that they not only are not able to build it ever again but also that they will never be able to reconstruct it from whatever remains.

As to the engineers ... I am open to negotiation if you persuade the engineers never to attempt to work on this or similar weapons ever again."
His expression is fierce.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"