NEWS

IC: The Old Smoke: CH4

• 554 Replies

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #525 on: <02-11-16/2236:14> »
[Spoiler]
Perception 6 + Intuition 4 + Visual Enhancements 3 (Wireless Bonus) = 13d6 [Mental 5+3 = 8].Perception: 13d6t5 4
[/Spoiler]
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #526 on: <02-12-16/0021:02> »
[spoiler] Sensor Test: 11d6t5 3 3 hits, not limited due to Control Rig[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #527 on: <02-12-16/1833:40> »
@Profgast__________
Sensors picked up one of the small settlements you'd come past in the dark the other day. This time, a blanket of snow had covered the ground and you could clearly make out the outline of semi-permanent structures with smoke bellowing from their chimneys. It looked almost like a nomadic settlement from one of the old trids they showed at school, all tribal like.
It sat way up on the ridgeline, arranged around a stone circle of some considerable size.

@Zwei__________
VR was quiet and laggy as fuck out here, but out of the blue infinite stretch ahead of you came a smattering of icons clustered around a Sat-Link. Their ping was high and reading their icons seemed to take days in VR when you were used to the speed of the city, but way off to the right was definitely some kind of gathering of people.

@Lumen________
You spotted the columns of smoke drifting over the ridge a little before the others, figuring something was up.
Guiding redline to slow down, you could make out the beginnings of some kind of settlement way off to the right along the leeward edge of the ridgeline.
Enough tents and semi-permanent structures stood to house maybe 100-200 people depending on their size, though it was hard to tell at this distance.
A worn track ran through the snow down towards the road and you began to think you'd found the village that the patrol lived in.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #528 on: <02-15-16/0044:10> »
"I got some people up over there, and what looks like one of those 'henges' too... What do you all say?  Keep going or investigate?"

Redline slowed her wheels a bit as they cruised on the approach waiting for a response from the rest of the team.

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #529 on: <02-15-16/0623:54> »
"There's at least a hundred folks up there and it looks like they keep regular watch ere.  Ifn any supplies came through ere for the facility they mighta seen it.  We keep it to civil talk an it could be helpful... it turns south and it'll be a total shit show.  I don't get paid to talk though.  I say we keep rolling."

Lighting up a smoke, Knives keeps his eyes on the ridge for any incoming activity.  He rubs his hands together, already starting to get antsy. 
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #530 on: <02-16-16/0136:28> »
Taylor comes out of VR to join the conversation.

"They've got a jury-rigged mesh network setup out there, but nothing serious.  Between Red and me, we've almost as much connectivity as they do.  I'm not much of a chatter myself, and would prefer to stay on task."
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #531 on: <02-16-16/1734:36> »
Given the mood in the van getting more and more tense, Redline gives it a bit of a squeeze and opens up the acceleration.
The van slips and struggles for traction on the snow and you begin to make some headway up the slight incline.
Checking the sensor feed religiously, it soon becomes apparent that someone at the settlement had seen you.
As the van makes the lip of the hill, a pair of bikes scramble down the hillside track towards the road, dots at first, but rapidly gaining in size.
Hitting the main road, one of the bikers loses traction and kicks up a huge plume of powder as the bike slips from under her and rattles off down into the valley, but the other rider keeps it upright and does his best to close some distance to the van
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #532 on: <02-16-16/2031:03> »
"Bloody hell, we've got one incoming.  Guess I shoulda brought this up before but I'm more of the up close and personal type."  With one quick motion his taser appears in his hand.  "This is all I've got for range.  Won't be a problem long, he's gaining quick."
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #533 on: <02-19-16/0131:11> »
"Gentlemen, please hang on it seems like we'll have to go for a bit of a ride.  Mr. Knives if you want to be the one to take the shot, I recommend you move to your nearest window, unless someone else has a better idea."

Redline accelerated steadily, mindful of the snow coating the roadway.

Not like I'll be able to outpace the bike's acceleration but there's a few tricks we can do at speed...

[spoiler]Intention is to initiate a chase, and as the bike closes execute a Broadside Maneuver for any occupant.

Edit: Nevermind, broadside maneuver is apparently only for BF/FA weapons.... I suppose I'll try a "Switch the Six" trick if it becomes necessary.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-19-16/0257:33> by ProfGast »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #534 on: <02-19-16/0207:14> »
[spoiler]can I see the icons for the bikes in the matrix?[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #535 on: <02-19-16/1737:05> »
@Zwei_____
[spoiler]No bike icons, too old for that kind of thing (matrix 1.0 generation bikes) but you've got two icons for their PANs running in public mode[/spoiler]

@Profgast_____
Chase initiated, Roll for initiative!

@Lumen_______
Chase has been initiated, Roll for initiative (mods for firing from a vehicle are -2 as per book)

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #536 on: <02-19-16/1819:49> »
Taylor looks down at his stun baton and the situation and figures he'd be better off in the Matrix.  He double checks his restraints as things are likely to get interesting in the meat world, and then drops into the warm embrace of VR.

The view out here is amazingly sparse, he has so little information to work with.  It's a little uncomfortable.  Knowing it'll take a split second he thinks to ask their driver for some access to the meat world before things get too intense.

<<@Redline [Mams] I know we're a bit busy right now, but if you could throw me an invite to the sensor feeds, that would be brill.  Keep me from being so blind in here.>>

He's not able to find the bikes on the matrix, they must be old school.  But there are to 'links burning bright out on the empty planes here.  He quickly does to checks to see what information he can gather for them before making any tactical decisions.

[spoiler]
Two Matrix Perception checks to see the Rating and FW stats on the comm-links.  Any extra hits will go to get the commcode, last matrix action performed and when, and finally any other marks on the devices.

MP on comms (Int 5 + Comp 6 + Spec 2 + TM 2 + VR 2 - Public Grid 2 = 15): 2#15d6t5 2 5
Limit 5, got 2 hits on the first one (pitiful, but got me the two things I care the most about), and 5 hits on the second.
[/spoiler]

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #537 on: <02-20-16/1158:47> »
[spoiler]Initiative - Chase (Matrix, Hotsim): 4d6+8 22 [/spoiler]

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #538 on: <02-21-16/1216:03> »
[Spoiler]
Initiative 11+3d6. Initiative: 11+3d6 21

[/Spoiler]
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #539 on: <02-23-16/1604:58> »
[spoiler]INI order:
Zwei (VR)
Profgast (VR-Jumped in) 22
Lumen (meat) 21
Biker 1 (AR) 17
Saithor (meat) 2
Biker 2 (meat- crashed)) 1
[/spoiler]

@Zwei__________
The commlinks shine ridiculously brightly against the backdrop of fuck-all.
The one nearest you appeared to be a basic model, a metalink or equivalent given how shitty its firewall response time was, even given the lack of cloud power up here. The second one seemed slightly better, probably a sony emperor or equivalent model. Its ping returned quicker, but still felt like some crappy low end stuff.
It yielded its commcode to you and you mentally copy pasted it into a small shimmering terminal and you could see from its data trail, messages had been sent off the 'link within the last 30 seconds.

@Profgast______
You're up next. actions and dice rolled for vehicle chase as per rulebook please
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor