NEWS

Run Faster Errata

• 288 Replies

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #105 on: <01-06-16/1458:49> »
There's also a spell to lessen alergies, which I've seen houseruled to not make Infected trivial.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #106 on: <01-25-16/0859:41> »
Dzoo-Noo-Qua can select the Armor critter power as one of their free optional powers, but there's no value specified. Is this supposed to just be an additional +1?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #107 on: <01-25-16/1251:26> »
Dzoo-Noo-Qua can select the Armor critter power as one of their free optional powers, but there's no value specified. Is this supposed to just be an additional +1?
Yes. Each instance of Armor is +1.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #108 on: <08-01-16/1219:47> »
Everywhere: change “dwarven” to “dwarf” and “dwarves” to “dwarfs” (Shadowrun style)
Everywhere: change “Doc Wagon” (with a space) to “DocWagon” (without one)
Page 2 (Contents 88), change “DWARFs” to “DWARFS” (capital S)
Page 2 (Contents 97), change “HUMANs” to “HUMANS” (capital S)
Page 2 (Contents 100), change “ShapeShifters” to “Shapeshifters” (no interior capital)
Page 3 (Contents 141), change “& Essence” to “and Essence”
Page 3 (Contents 176), make “I Owe You One (Gaining Chips)” title case … same with “Improve Relationship” and “Future Service”
Page 4 (Contents 182–196), ensure all sample contacts are indented at the same level.
Page 8 (Decade), change “Tare’s reply and” to “Tare’s reply was
Page 11 (Introduction), change “a mother you” to “a mother who
Page 44 (More than Skin Deep), change “pheromonal” to “pheromone”
Page 88 (Gnome), change “Metaergonomics” to MetaErgonomics” (cap E) … again on p.94, 97
Page 90 (Koborokuru), change “Western” to “Eastern”
Page 90 (Koborokuru), change “has done” to “have done”
Page 91 (Hobgoblin), change “leave the, with” to “leave them with”
Page 92 (Ogre), change “They have are looking” to “They are looking” (delete “have”)
Page 92 (Satyr), change “satyr maintain” to “satyrs maintain”
Page 92 (Satyr), change “satyr also seem” to “satyrs also seem”
Page 92 (Satyr), change “a wide variety of variations” to “many variations”
Page 93 (Cyclops), change “Their primarily work comes” to “Their work comes primarily”
Page 94 (Giant), change “immigrated” to “emigrated”
Page 100 (Shapeshifter), change “possess” to “include”
Page 100 (Shapeshifter), change “metahuman life” to “metahuman lives” (plural)
Page 100 (Shapeshifter), change “breed dogs” to “breeds”
Page 105 (tables), change the table headlines to “Metasapient Attribute Table” and “Shapeshifter Attribute Table”
Page 105 (Shapeshifter Table), add the following racial traits to every shifter type: Allergy (Silver, Severe), Dual Natured, Regeneration, Sapience, and Vulnerability (Silver)
Page 110 (Random Negative Karma Value), change “RP;;” to “Dice Roll”
Page 111 (360-Degree Eyesight), change “360-Degree Vision” to “360-Degree Eyesight”
Page 112 (Arcane Arrester), change references to the Invisibility spell to something that’s actually unresisted, like Increase Reflexes or Armor
Page 114 (Granite Shell), change “massive calcite formations” to “extensive calcite deposits”
Page 114 (Defensive Secretion), change “cells that allow” to just “cells allow” (delete “that”)
Page 115 (Functional Tail), change “above” to “below”
Page 115 (Glamour), hyphenate “soul-wrenching”
Page 117 (Natural Venom), change “Injected Vector” to “Injection Vector”
Page 117 (Ogre Stomach), delete the word “unique”
Page 117 (Proboscis), change “an prehensile” to “a prehensile”
Page 118 (Thorns), change “discomfort due to the discomfort of the thorns” to just “discomfort due to the thorns” (delete “the discomfort of”)
Page 119 (Berserker), change “have a very little self-control” to “have very little self-control” (delete “a”)
Page 123 (Freaks sidebar), change “characters” to “character’s” (singular possessive)
Page 126 (… And All the Rest to Come), hyphenate “toxic-shaman-style”
Page 126 (… And All the Rest to Come), change “sort” to “sorts”
Page 127 (What It’s Like to Walk the Night), change “phenomena” to “phenomenon” (singular)
Page 133 (You Can’t Take It With You sidebar), change “duct work” to “ductwork” (no space)
Page 137–138, Dzoo-Noo-Qua and Goblin have notes about being unable to regenerate damage from sunlight, but with only a moderate allergy, they never take any. Either change the allergy levels to “Severe” or delete the notes.
Page 139 (Loup-Garou), change “Wolf’s Bane” to “Wolfsbane”
Page 143 (HMHVV Strain II), change “as a carrier” to “as carriers”
Page 143 (HMHVV Strain II), change “her metatype” to “his metatype”
Page 153 (Borrowed Time), change “times up” to “time’s up” (add apostrophe)
Page 153 (Computer Illiterate), change “e-mails” to “e-mail”
Page 160 (Burned Company Man), hyphenate “go-bag”
Page 160 (Burned Company Man), change “Thrown Weapons” to “Throwing Weapons”
Page 162 (Disgraced Bodyguard), change “principle” to “principal” … twice
Page 165 (Rocker), change “at worse” to “at worst”
Page 166 (Street Racer), change “Electronics Group” to “Electronics skill group”
Page 168 (Domestically Disturbed), change “and a self-changing” to “and self-changing” (delete “a”)
Page 168 (Domestically Disturbed), change “but it there really” to “but there really” (delete “it”)
Page 168 (Domestically Disturbed), hyphenate “once-over”
Page 168 (Domestically Disturbed), change “his perky” to “her perky”
Page 170 (Domestically Disturbed), change “people who has” to “people who have
Page 170 (Domestically Disturbed), change “known to was rhapsodic” to “known to wax rhapsodic”
Page 170 (Domestically Disturbed), change “diffuse” to “defuse”
Page 170 (Domestically Disturbed), change “Aand” to “And”
Page 170 (Domestically Disturbed), change “Netcat though” to “Netcat thought
Page 170 (Domestically Disturbed), lowercase “cautiously”
Page 171 (Domestically Disturbed), change “hackies” to “hacked”
Page 176 (Favors), change “can be service” to “can be services”
Page 176 (Company Suit), change “corporations intelligence” to “corporation’s intelligence” (add apostrophe)
Page 192 (Rockstar), change “pour over every detailed” to “pore over every detail
Page 196 (Johnsons and Fixers), change “shadowrunners teams” to “shadowrunner teams” or just “shadowrunners”
Page 200 (The Handoff), change “a-ok” to “A-okay”
Page 205 (Shiawase), change “they don’t disappoints” to “they don’t disappoint”
Page 223 (Patron of the Arts), change “or and limited” to just “or limited” (delete “and”)
Page 231 (Blademaster PACK), change “Club” to “Katana” and “Extendable baton” to “Tomahawk” (or any other bladed weapons … sword, hatchet, machete, etc.)
Page 249 (Basic Cyberdeck Programs PACK), accidental duplicate of the previous PACK (Advanced Decker PACK) … replace with basic cyberprograms

markc

• Newb
« Reply #109 on: <08-20-16/1132:29> »
Should the college life style packages give you college education quality?
MDC

Nitsuj83

• Newb
« Reply #110 on: <08-31-16/1455:32> »
What happens if a dual-natured being burns out to 0 current magic? 0 max magic?

dezmont

• Chummer
« Reply #111 on: <09-20-16/0208:44> »
Page 105 (Shapeshifter Table), add the following racial traits to every shifter type: Allergy (Silver, Severe), Dual Natured, Regeneration, Sapience, and Vulnerability (Silver)

This is not an errata, this is a proposed rules change to revert to 4e, on par with "Limits suck! Get rid of them!" as multiple sections of the fluff make it very clear shifters do not regenerate or have a vulnerability to silver.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #112 on: <09-20-16/0242:47> »
It is an errata (albeit provisional), and it is not some kind of reversal to 4th Edition.  Shapeshifters in Shadowrun have always had Regeneration and a Vulnerability and/or Allergy to silver. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #113 on: <09-20-16/0309:06> »

This is not an errata, this is a proposed rules change to revert to 4e, on par with "Limits suck! Get rid of them!" as multiple sections of the fluff make it very clear shifters do not regenerate or have a vulnerability to silver.

MijRaj is right, it caused massive confusion when Run Faster was printed without them having it listed. Although I'm curious where you think the fluff indicates to "make it very clear" they shouldn't have regeneration... I'm not familiar with any places where they really make a statement one way or the other except for one mention of Shapeshifters needing to be careful so they avoid "silver bullets lodged in their skulls."

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #114 on: <09-20-16/1102:08> »

Writers went to great lengths to justify relatively minor changes to vampires and other infected from SR4 to SR5 (see "Sleeping with the Enemy" in Storm Front, "Into the Night" in Run Faster, the novel Crimson, "The New Changes" in Howling Shadows). By comparison, they were completely silent about what would have been radical changes to shapeshifter lore. On the contrary, they continue referring to shapeshifters being vulnerable to silver ("silver bullets lodged in their skulls," Run Faster, p.56) and regenerating ("regenerative abilities similar to shifter species," p.59, Howling Shadows). I'm not aware of any contradictory references.

It's no secret that writers updating material from SR4 to SR5 tended to lean heavily on the the original SR4 sources, sometimes to a fault. SR4 listed basic shapeshifter powers together as a group just once ("Shifter Powers," Runner's Companion, p.87): "All shapeshifters start out with the Shift (Human), Regeneration, and Sapience powers, as well as the weaknesses Allergy (Silver, Severe) and Vulnerability (Silver)."  The fact that these defining powers and weaknesses (Regeneration, Sapience, Allergy, Vulnerability) were omitted in SR5 seems like an oversight to me, not a choice.

Regeneration, Allergy (Silver, Severe), and Vulnerability (Silver) have already been restored in errata:
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24596.0

Looks like Dual Natured may be gone, though. Not sure how I feel about that. Shifters have always been dual-natured in Shadowrun (SR2/SR3 Shadowrun Companion, p.36; SR4 Runner's Companion, p.87), but I don't consider that ability quite as central to the critter type as the others. I could live without it.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #115 on: <09-20-16/1958:45> »
Looks like Dual Natured may be gone, though. Not sure how I feel about that. Shifters have always been dual-natured in Shadowrun (SR2/SR3 Shadowrun Companion, p.36; SR4 Runner's Companion, p.87), but I don't consider that ability quite as central to the critter type as the others. I could live without it.
Yeah...mea culpa on that one. In my zeal to get something substantial out there, to prove we don't just fix typos, I forgot about Dual Natured, until Adzling brought it to my attention. Then I had some paying gigs, and I lost some time there.

Probably could have just penciled it in without anyone caring, but we have a (semi-)formal process, and since I helped write it I figure I should stick to it. It's almost to the "Post it" portion of that process. Bear with me.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #116 on: <09-20-16/2314:36> »
Any chance we're also going to get the note that while Silver is the most common allergy/vulnerability, it is also possible for the shifter to be allergic to some other natural material?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #117 on: <09-21-16/0119:34> »
We've been having a spirited debate on that. We'll see where it goes. There's always a chance, but I don't know for sure which way things are gonna fall out, so I don't want to say one way or the other.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #118 on: <09-21-16/1053:11> »
Is there a clarification on how In Debt is supposed to interact with Life Modules, Point Buy or the Born Rich quality? Does the Karma spent on In Debt count towards your quality cap?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #119 on: <09-21-16/1625:05> »
Haven't gotten that far yet.