NEWS

Shadowrun Returns - New Kickstarter Jan 2015 !?!

• 137 Replies

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #45 on: <01-04-15/1122:54> »
I've put cash to one Kickstarter, so far.  Exalted 3rd Edition.  14 months overdue, going on 15.  On the plus side, they do semi-reasonable progress updates, I caught sight of a leaked playtest (which alleviated pretty much all of my previous concerns about quality, even as a playtest), and it's in the final editing and layout stages at the moment.  Oh, and I specifically put down on the version that got me 10 free PDF books on top of the promised Core rulebook; As is, I spent 10 bucks a book, not including a core rulebook. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <01-04-15/2201:17> »
I've put cash to one Kickstarter, so far.  Exalted 3rd Edition.  14 months overdue, going on 15.  On the plus side, they do semi-reasonable progress updates, I caught sight of a leaked playtest (which alleviated pretty much all of my previous concerns about quality, even as a playtest), and it's in the final editing and layout stages at the moment.  Oh, and I specifically put down on the version that got me 10 free PDF books on top of the promised Core rulebook; As is, I spent 10 bucks a book, not including a core rulebook.

Yes..and they have basicly learned a valuable lesson from Exalted 3rd Edition: they will not send a book to Kickstarter that is not
finished except for the stretchgoals. I did not participate in that one because I did not have the money at the time. However, I
did participate in the W20, which was later then expected due to printing issues, and then it ran into shipping troubles. But,
Onyx Path does do good kickstarters with lots of updates, however there is still a lot of vitriol in the comments.

And then, there is the Robotech RPG Tactics one..gods..that is crazy hateful in the comments..

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <01-05-15/1054:58> »
Alright, it's the morning of the first Monday in January.Why is this KS not live and taking my money yet! >:(

;D ::) ;D

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <01-05-15/2346:51> »
Alright, it's the morning of the first Monday in January.Why is this KS not live and taking my money yet! >:(

;D ::) ;D

because they are waiting for my next pay check first? Or for later in the month when the mortgage/rent is less on our minds ;)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <01-10-15/1646:48> »
From FB, going live Jan 13 ;D

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #50 on: <01-10-15/1718:23> »
I'll bet the early bird kickstarts go quickly.  This is a company with a proven track record of releasing two games that have been absolute gems, and utilizing Kickstarter in a smart and effective way.  In addition to delivering top-notch goods, they do it quickly and they are totally realistic with their goals and expectations.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <01-13-15/0723:09> »
So, who else is frantically hitting refresh on both the Kickstarter site and the Shadowrun Returns facebook page.

Get the darned thing online already so I can give you all my money!

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <01-13-15/0910:23> »
So, who else is frantically hitting refresh on both the Kickstarter site and the Shadowrun Returns facebook page.

Get the darned thing online already so I can give you all my money!

So, I'm not the only one

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <01-13-15/0911:25> »
Checked it this morning and not up yet...will likely miss the actual launch due to work and such ::). While I might not get an EB pledge, will still be plenty of time for a getting in on the fun.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <01-13-15/1255:18> »
Kickstarter probably launches at 1100 hours Central (GMT -6) if this post is to be believed:
https://www.facebook.com/shadowruntabletopgame/posts/10152994416169591

"Ooohhh…2 hours until the Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter launches…can’t wait! rnb"

EDIT:
Kickstarter is UP!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #56 on: <01-13-15/1303:47> »
There seems to be no early bird awards, so no worry for those not able to pledge right now.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <01-13-15/1315:16> »
And they've reached 10% of their $100,000 USD goal in the first 15-20 minutes with approximately 300 backers, so it's looking good so far.

Now to settle in for the long wait. August release date? Probably means Christmas if we're lucky, but I'll take it.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #58 on: <01-13-15/1318:18> »
If there aren't many major changes to the engine I could see the mid-2015 date as a legitimate target. That also takes into consideration Jordan's statement that the game has been in production, as well as the PC/Mac/Linux focus (to the exclusion of mobile devices).
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <01-13-15/1325:14> »
PeterSmith
True; now that I've actually read through the info (after throwing my money at them initially while laughing gleefully at my desk to the dismay of my coworkers), it seems like they're committed to a mid-2015 release.

I'm always leery of release dates though, so my own expectation is that it the game is released by Christmas I'll be a happy camper.

The 100k they are asking for in funding is "just" to add to the approximately 12-hour long story for the game as is. Even if the Kickstarter fails it seems they intend to release. There's a few cool features at 100k+, though, so here's hoping they get a lot more funding over the next month. I think setting the goal at 100k and going from there is a good idea, personally. I'll be following with interest for sure.