NEWS

How to summon Demon spirits and other entities

• 20 Replies

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« on: <12-01-14/2115:20> »
In Aetherology are a great many interesting spirits and entities which I am sure some players would just love to summon and control. What would be needed to do so?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

8-bit

« Reply #1 on: <12-01-14/2151:49> »
I know I want to summon Gremlins  ;D

I would assume a metaplanar journey or quest to the specific metaplane in question would be required. Probably some specialized ritual would also be necessary, as these are not tradition based spirits. If you can get a copy of the spirit's formula, I'm sure that would help.

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <12-02-14/0028:53> »
Call Spirit Ritual will help you bring a Demon to you...Getting them to do your bidding is another matter. A "Deal with the Devil" comes to mind. :)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-02-14/0329:49> »
I know Crawlers were Mr. Darke's territory. Them and some other vile spirit I forgot. Maybe he or an associate will return ^^

I've been thinking about the Anansi to fight Bugs. Maybe set a Gum Toad loose during a Humanis gathering. Persuade some gremlins to toy with security drones ... Many many possibilities.

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <12-02-14/0857:41> »
In Aetherology are a great many interesting spirits and entities which I am sure some players would just love to summon and control. What would be needed to do so?
A good bargaining chip, or a True Name. In any case, remember what they say about deals with the devil...

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <12-02-14/0900:44> »
Isn't it the same with dragons?

Tirwalker

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <12-02-14/1008:13> »
You need a chicken, an atheme, some chalk, a copy of Feznic Wolat's Guide to Things Demonical, the skull of a hanged man, and 11 cantaloupes.  The process will be somewhat hard on the chicken, so no need to save the receipt.

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <12-02-14/1517:51> »
the skull of a hanged man
That would be one of the friendlier spirits, seeing as he wants a guy who is already dead...

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <12-19-14/2114:26> »
Just got the book. And. It's. AWESOME!!!
The description of metaplanes is going to be extremely useful for the next astral quest. The part about metaplane of shadows will come in handy once the GM opens the wraith season.
And then there's the bonus;
I love references to gumtoads, crawlers and Darke. And even moreso the idea that he might be still active. About the only thing missing is lack of commentary on his menagerie from the JackPointers.

Now, you might be wondering "Why the frag are you gushing over the book here of all threads?". Well, that's because I also have a question about Demon spirits, namely: would you allow them as conjuration (or, more specifically, banishing) specialization?

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <12-19-14/2135:48> »
Heck yeah you can specialize in banishing them!

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <12-19-14/2143:31> »
This gives me an idea for a session - PCs are roped into some insane gambit against demonic cult by a John Constantine expy.

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <12-19-14/2151:34> »
This gives me an idea for a session - PCs are roped into some insane gambit against demonic cult by a John Constantine expy.

That's exactly what I thought of too. Just need rules like to create a Bottle to capture them. Exorcism is already out there.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <12-19-14/2210:37> »
Improvise with binding?

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <12-19-14/2215:28> »
Improvise with binding?

to a special kind of vessel preparation? that could work.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <12-20-14/0710:12> »
Enjoy the feast.

Register