NEWS

Lullabye & Goodnight (IC)

• 794 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <11-26-14/2315:36> »
The sun heating up the day is only making the smog smell worse, but at least it's starting to blow away. A lot more people are on the street than usual. It's been that way ever since the third set of murders. People are scared to be out at night, whether they admitted it or not and more business was being done in the harsh light of day. There were far less police about than normal anyway. Not that that had ever been more than the occasional car here to arrest someone because someone uptown had raised a stink about something or another. But now, they didn't even want to do that. At least not since they'd arrested 6 gangers for the first murder and 4 for the second calling it a copy-cat crime. Now, with the 3rd set of murders the only thing you heard was reporters talking about a "serious investigation underway". Funny how a "serious investigation" didn't actually involve any cops.

@ Duck "I'm at Dead-Drop." you hear her say (a bar near High Issaquah) "And Phee is saying she couldn't hear no music." "She don't know where her sister went." "She went to go get Godra 'cause she figured Melli was just carrying on and when she got back she was gone." "I've got Two-Shot and Bucky out looking for her." "I'm out on the street tryin' out to find her."

@ Red "Hey baby, thought you might come by tonight. I've got a good bottle of wine and a few tickets to a concert this weekend. You could stay over and we could enjoy each others company. Call me back and let me know. But don't take to long." It's Nicholas's voice on the other end. "Come by tonight"-dead drop, "tickets" meant info was at theater, "company", meant it was near her old office. "Don't take to long", the info was time sensitive. And she hadn't recognized the number, so he was using some kinda burn comm to transmit a coded message???? Frag!

@ Arachnid As you leave the apartment you see Peach sprawled against the wall near the doorway outside. It's a little early for him to be wasted. But everyone was doing things earlier lately. He smiles at you, most of his teeth rotted out. "Hey, what's your hurry? Everybodies always hurrying. Ain't nobody ever got time to listen to the music. It's pretty music." He turns his head away from you, smiling and staring into space.

@ Arc You get a message on your comm that >>The parts you ordered are ready for pick-up.<< Flak turns back to you as he's leaving. "I'll tell Lupo you fixed it. You can send the bill to him." "And don't worry about that hide of yours. Lupo wanted you dead you'd already be there."

@ Khali  Sam's voice comes through clearly, I've got a job you might be interested in, 500 cred. They've got a couple of extra security spots open at one of the warehouses. It's 2 nights with maybe more if you're reliable and can keep your mouth shut. Turns out their regular security is getting spooked by all of this and a couple of their guys have quit. Let me know if you're interested because I need to let them know in the next 2 hours.<<
« Last Edit: <11-27-14/2351:56> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <11-27-14/0040:10> »
@ Khali  Sam's voice comes through clearly, I've got a job you might be interested in, 500 cred. They've got a couple of extra security spots open at one of the warehouses. It's 2 nights with maybe more if you're reliable and can keep your mouth shut. Turns out their regular security is getting spooked by all of this and a couple of their guys have quit. Let me know if you're interested because I need to let them know in the next 2 hours.<<

"I'm definitely interested. Where's the warehouse? When does it start and how many bodies do they need?"
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #17 on: <11-27-14/0149:25> »
"I'm at Dead-Drop." you hear her say (a bar near High Issaquah) "And Phee is saying she couldn't hear no music." "She don't know where her sister went." "She went to go get Godra 'cause she figured Melli was just carrying on and when she got back she was gone." "I've got Two-Shot and Bucky out looking for her." "I'm out on the street tryin' out to find her."

"Word. You stay where you're at and I'll come to you. Bout to call my homegirl right now. One love, girl." Duck had finished getting dressed and was walking away from the drainpipe as he ended the call, headed toward Arc's shop. Sure, I could call Rack, but I don't like to bug him unless there's money involved. Plus, Zip and her boys would give me no end of shit if I rolled up on the back of some breeder's growler. He mentally composed a message to Arc as he walked the 14 blocks to her shop.

<< Send Message: Arc
  << Message: I'm on my way to your place right now. Need a lift to the dead drop out in H-I. I'll pay ya fifty for the one way. See ya in ten.
« Last Edit: <11-27-14/0305:36> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <11-27-14/0218:44> »
@ Khali >>That's my girl. They need 2 minimum to replace the 2 that quit and would like 1-2 more with everything going on right now. I've got a couple of calls out but you're the first one I've actually gotten in touch with. It's a warehouse off of 25th & NE Park. They need guards there overnight for the next few nights because they've got a shipment coming in to big to divert to another warehouse.<<  You know the area. It's a rough gang alright. But the guards there were all from that gang. A nice little racket where the corp paid the gang to make sure nothing happened. It was also very close to where the last of the groups of murders had happened. When gangers wanted out . . . . .
« Last Edit: <11-27-14/0222:48> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <11-27-14/0257:30> »
@ Khali >>That's my girl. They need 2 minimum to replace the 2 that quit and would like 1-2 more with everything going on right now. I've got a couple of calls out but you're the first one I've actually gotten in touch with. It's a warehouse off of 25th & NE Park. They need guards there overnight for the next few nights because they've got a shipment coming in to big to divert to another warehouse.<<  You know the area. It's a rough gang alright. But the guards there were all from that gang. A nice little racket where the corp paid the gang to make sure nothing happened. It was also very close to where the last of the groups of murders had happened. When gangers wanted out . . . . .

"I'm in, and I might have a lead on another girl in need of work. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back. Send me a message with the times they want covered and who to meet."

Khali sends Red a quick message, "Got a line on some security work for tonight and the next few. I'm babysitting a warehouse and they need more bodies. I could definitely use another set of eyes that I can trust. Interested? Need to know in the next two hours."

After that, she walks by the alley and takes pictures of the new arrivals with the image link in her glasses. She sends a message to Nails, "I got some intel you might be interested in. Don't suppose you've given anyone else permission to deal on your turf?"
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #20 on: <11-27-14/0325:21> »
It wasn't even ten minutes since Arc had replied to Arachnid's message that her link went off again, much to her grumbling annoyance. Letting out a light cough from the smog, she flipped up her comm and pulled up the message...oh hey, it was from Duck.  Now what is that tusker up to, I wonder..  Grinning, she read the message:

<< Send Message: Arc
  << Message: I'm on my way to your place right now. Need a lift to the dead drop out in H-I. I'll pay ya fifty for the one way. See ya in ten."

"Of drekking course.  Why else would that hoop need my help?" Rolling her eyes, she took a glance at her other message.  Parts for pickup?  Huh...Punching in a quick reply to Duck, she sent it out in a moment.

<<Message to: Duck
  <<Message: Hoi, you're in luck, omae.  I gotta shipment needs pickup on the way.  This some job you working with Rack?   He's coming here for his Growler any minute.  Bring the cred, I'll be waitin'>>

Flipping her link closed, she heaved a sigh, a small grin starting to form on her face.  Seems like tonight won't be so boring after all, and at the very least she can share it with people she at least knows won't put a bullet in her back.   I hope...

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #21 on: <11-27-14/0531:37> »
Feathers soared, riding the thermals over the open fields to gain altitude, he flared his wings for maximum lift.
The greenery stretched out for miles, thousands of miles in fact, all the way out to the east coast. The feeling of relentless freedom was a welcome relief from the crushing oppression and acid rain of the slums, out here he could commune with eagle and really see the way he intended.
Spotting something dart between a hedgerow and the shade of a large oak, he pitched into a widely banking roll for a better look, slipping back in consciousness to let his eagle form dominate. A mouse? a vole?
There it was again, dashing across the opening towards home. dive, DIVE! The wind tore through his feathers as the ground rushed up to meet him, muscles flickering as they constantly adjusted trim and elevation as he dove towards his prey. Talons deployed as the adrenaline made his heart pound against his hollow bones but the flaring of his wings and noise of the sudden aerobraking caught the attention of the terrified mouse.
It bolted, changed direction and scarpered for the hedgerow. Feathers jinked left to intercept, but the wily mouse jinked right. He overshot.
Crushing disappointment replaced the fire of the adrenaline as he flared once more for landing, bleeding his remaining speed into a small hop of altitude before landing gracefully.
The hazy dusk was approaching and the bus wouldn't be too long.
He bade his mentor good night and released the mana from its woven form, returning to his human state, naked and shivering against the cold autumnal air. He jogged towards the hedgerow, hastily dressing and brushing as much of the muck off his clothes as possible before walking back down into the village.

The bus was late, as usual, but they'd long since given up on real drivers to berate for their lack of timeliness. Feathers took a seat at the back of the sparsely filled bus and fired up his link, pumping some nouveau-rock down his earbuds to drown out his longing for his old life, back on the family farm. It'd be fully open now. Some fucking strip mall and housing estate, the proceeds lining some corp bastard's pocket as his expense.
He quelled his rising anger and focussed on the beat, rythmically drumming his hand against the steamed up window as his therapist had once taught him to reinforce his mental efforts.
He knew he was too old for this shit (only a few years from retirement in theory) to be starting again from the bottom, but its not like he'd been given much of a choice.
He'd spent his savings fighting the compulsory purchase order, now destitute and homeless he'd had to rely on the good nature of others. The druid's circle had fitted him up with a slot in a bunkhouse in the lower downtown slums, primarily used to shelter persecuted awakened. The security was good, but it was seriously fragging basic inside. His rumbling stomach got to wondering if it would be krill, krill or krill for dinner and if there'd be any flavouring sachets left by the time he got "home".
At least the rent didn't break the bank, but his meagre savings wouldn't last long. He'd have to get something, some kind of work soon or he'd be out on the streets.

Night had properly fallen now, his AR feed read 5.36pm. Traffic was building steadily as the bus rumbled slowly into the outskirts. It picked up a menagerie of downtrodden suburbanites, wrapped up against the cold night air in hats, gloves and scarves. Pinging the buzzer, he did the same, knees creaking and groaning as 58 years of hard graft had taken away their rapidity. Coercing them into action, he walked down the length of the tired auto-bus and stepped out into the night air, popping in his respirator to guard his old throat against the rasping of the pollutants in this shithole of a town.
He switched his audio feed to the local chat channel, listening as the speaker made an excellent case for the extension of civil liberties to the SiNless only to be hounded down by a slick sounding corp spokesman, clearly well versed in shooting down "hippy neo-liberalist do-gooders", stating it was the likes of her that were responsible for the shambolic state of the economy. Having enough of that shit, he killed the feed. Besides, he'd need his wits about him now.
He had a couple of blocks to go now and he surreptitiously patted his concealed holster, checking his viper was still there and ready for action.
Remember....do not just look, but see 
The irony of having a "safehouse" in one of the most dangerous parts of town hadn't exactly passed him by, but he was glad for the spirits and wards which protected the building, scant as it was inside of decoration and personality. It was just a damn shame he had to run the fucking gauntlet to get in or out without drawing the ire of one or the other set of gangers who'd made it home.
At least Lil' Mik had got an eye out for him. He wouldn't call him a friend per se, but it was at least a non-hostile face to associate with in a sea full of shite.

Pushing the door open, he waved his rfid chip over the door system, waving at John the door guard as he made his way through to the shared kitchen.
Quel suprise! Krill for dinner, and no, there were no sachets of flavourants left. fantastic.
« Last Edit: <11-27-14/0533:34> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <11-27-14/0723:32> »
@ Khali Sam answers, >>7pm to 7am and you'll meet a troll named Clarence McVale in his office on the northwest side of the building. I'll call him now and let him know you're coming.<<

@ CJ *blows kiss* Good to see you Omae. Your character is going to have a nightmare tonight btw.
« Last Edit: <11-27-14/0808:25> by ismilealot »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <11-27-14/1006:20> »
One lone individual stood on top of a building dressed in dark black. Honestly, the appearance of this figure was nothing new, as many would come here to smoke and get away from it all. To look down on people below, running around like tiny little ants. Some may even go down to join them rather suddenly.

However this figure was a tad different. Their hair was dark black, tied back in a pony tail. Their face was covered by a black bird like mask, black feathers blending into her hair. Little did most know what she was doing.. as it would seem rather absurd. For she was watching those down below, his eyes flickering from astral to their normal vision, all the while magnified in on those below.

He could not only see them up close, but also hear them. This was the masked runner known only as Masquerade, a phantom moving through the streets gangs, knowing things that they would know only if they were part of that gang... 
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SnowDragon

• Chummer
  • "I gag him and throw him down the stairs!"
« Reply #24 on: <11-27-14/1055:51> »
He very nearly had to step over the top of Peach when he shut the door behind himself, careful to clear the length aft of his body that the blades holstered occupied... He never quite paid all that much attention to the man, and this afternoon was hardly much of a difference, but he was ahead of schedule, hours ahead of the drunken slumber, those hazel eyes casting across him with the words filling the hallway with their nonsensical meaningless sound... But before Arachnid could form up an approaite responce, he'd gathered himself upwards and standing before tilting away, effectively ending the conversation. With a delayed pause, the white dressed man with dark equipment stared at him strangely for quite the few seconds before shaking his head and turning off towards the stairs, for the elevator had not worked since... well before the awakening, most likely.

He tried at least to make good time towards Arc's little shop where his bike currently resided, his step tempo up a notch or two knowing he wouldn't have to make the return trip on foot. He was weary on the footpath, and while not nervous, he was distinctly upon edge. The afternoon light was quickly fading. That rat bastard might take another victim tonight, or his tutor from White Serenity would pull him for something that needed doing. Collected but alert, one might've said. Kind enough to rap his knuckles on the side of the partly open door that led to Arc's garage-workshop with a wave at the same time "Ho there, friend!" He threw out in a jokingly high strung offical voice, made all the more, or all the less amusing by the swords, taser and dropleg held sidearm.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #25 on: <11-27-14/1159:42> »
<<Message to: Duck
  <<Message: Hoi, you're in luck, omae.  I gotta shipment needs pickup on the way.  This some job you working with Rack?   He's coming here for his Growler any minute.  Bring the cred, I'll be waitin'>>

The tall skinny ork's lanky legs and long stride had brought him maybe 2 blocks in the time it took Arc to hit him back. One more thing I like about this girl. She punctual. And she understand fuckin economy of motion. He considers responding to the message, but figures Fuggit, I'm bout to be there soon anyways. Thinking about her waiting there for him before she can get moving on her plans makes him feel like kindof an asshole and he really wants to jog the rest of the way there, but he's been in this sprawl long enough to know thats how you draw attention from the pigs. Instead, he maintains his solid pace through the slums he calls home.

He's not terribly worried about Melinda just yet. He and his sisters used to run off all the time at that age. Usually ended up getting into a buncha shit and get hurt, but they were always fine. Just to be on the safe side though, he fires off a couple messages on the Sensei while he finishes the walk.

<< Send Message: Nuts/Deen/Alonzo
  << Message: Not really an emergency, but keep an eye out for this girl here, will ya? Names Melinda. She's my brother Lenny's kid and no one can find her. Possibly seeking live music.
        Pic attached. She's the taller one on the right wearing her dad's oversized bike jacket. I'll owe ya one if ya get eyes on her.
    << Send Pic: LennyFam6

About 10 minutes later, he's standing in front of the door to Arcs shop. He can smell the industrial lubricant through the door and he grins as he turns his hand backward, palm facing him and rattles his knuckles against it, reminiscent of a drumroll. He does this for about 3 seconds, then takes a step back away from the door, holds his arms at his sides with his open palms facing the door, tilts his head up a teeny bit so the security camera can see his face clearly, and throws on his best "Cobain" smile.
« Last Edit: <11-27-14/1421:30> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #26 on: <11-27-14/1509:56> »
Arc narrowed her gaze as she waited for the two men to show up, flipping through her link, debating whether or not to bug Lupo with the bill.  Ah, frag it, a little distraction is less than that trog deserves.  Suppressing a chuckle at her thoughts as she recorded an AR message to the troll, using her persona to relay it to him: a short, armored warrioress from some fantasy true or RPG, leather and chain adorning her body and sporting an exposed middle, her voluminous windswept hair reaching her lower back and framing a battle-painted face.  A little cliche and tacky, but the image amused her.

<<Message to: Lupo>>
<<Hoi, big guy.  You just got served with an invoice from the Arc.  Your boy Flak came in for a repair of his 'nade launcher.  You know the drill, I expect my fee within the week.  Happy hunting~>>

Her icon blew a kiss, an obvious display of sarcasm as the message ended and was sent out.  Closing her link, the girl stood up just as her door was rapped on, straightening up from her leaning position to identify her newest visitor through the opening.  Blades, guns, human, like something out of an old post-apoca trid.  "If it isn't the street spidah, Arachnid.   Rack, get yo' ass in here"  Dusting her hands off, she stepped up and shut the door behind him, a click of the latch being heard.  Leading the way, she brought him to his ride, which clearly had been cleaned off for good measure.  "Aight, so your camshaft is fully tuned, so you shouldn't get any trouble on tha gear shift anymore.  Exhaust should be smooth, and that pull you felt on tha throttle is history.  She's all yours, omae...anyhow, what drek are you gettin' into with the Duck?  He's due over any seco--ha?"

As if by some invisible cue, the garage door got its drumroll sounding, an obvious indicator of their favorite ork...and the only tusker that doesn't cause the bile to rise in her throat.  Darting over in a few steps, she kicked the door open and pulled it up to greet the skinny ork, arms wide.  "As if speaking of the fraggin' devil himself!  I was just about to close shop."  She let him in, and rejoined Arachnid in the middle of the garage.  "Whatever trip you two gots goin' on tonight, we better make it fast chummers.  Just got wind of a Howler op in the works tonight.  Big bang likely, let your friends know, aye?"  As she spoke, her hands were busy, grabbing her vest from the rack on the back wall and slipping it on, the howling wolf symbol on the back plate briefly visible before she donned a gray hoodie.  The cover to her Ford was pulled aside, revealing the clean, if not rustic, ride of hers, clearly ready to go.
« Last Edit: <11-27-14/1846:44> by SgtBoomCloud »

Tamesh

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <11-27-14/1523:42> »
@ Red "Hey baby, thought you might come by tonight. I've got a good bottle of wine and a few tickets to a concert this weekend. You could stay over and we could enjoy each others company. Call me back and let me know. But don't take to long." It's Nicholas's voice on the other end. "Come by tonight"-dead drop, "tickets" meant info was at theater, "company", meant it was near her old office. "Don't take to long", the info was time sensitive. And she hadn't recognized the number, so he was using some kinda burn comm to transmit a coded message???? Frag!

Red barely suppresses her surprise at hearing the voice before responding. "You're too good to me. See you then," she says amiably before hanging up. The elf makes her way to the closet, staring down the custom tailored. ceramic-plated, kevlar reinforced Armanté gown from which she derived her nickname. Looks like she's going to be wearing that if she's planning on taking a visit to the nicer side of town.

Before leaving, she responds to Khali. "Might not be able to come by tonight. Have a date with an old flame. If things go well, we might be looking at something a little more interesting than a babysitting gig. If things get especially interesting and you need some back-up, though, give me a ring and I'll see what I can do."

Before long, Red has her bike down at the dead drop. This part of town always makes her feel uncomfortable, maybe even moreso than the Barrens. It's unnerving when something as simple as running into someone who recognizes your face could spell untold disaster. But the best way to avoid drawing attention to yourself is look like you've got a reason to be there. And it's that much easier to walk around like you own the place when you literally used to almost own the place. Even still, she's on the lookout for anything that needs to be looked out for on her way to the dead drop.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <11-27-14/1615:29> »
Masquerade continued watching the various people below from her perch above. Drug deals going down,  a few gangers giving down a shake, the locals eating fried orange rat and soy noodles. You know, the usual stuff. Soon she decides to start heading down, working her way through the streets, keeping her eyes and ears open.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SnowDragon

• Chummer
  • "I gag him and throw him down the stairs!"
« Reply #29 on: <11-27-14/2146:37> »
The smirk across his face was heartening, slipping into the portal in the wall while Arc made with the dusting off of workwoman's hands, properly clearing the path for the rollerdoor hatch to be shut behind him. "Good to see you with all your fingers attached, Arc," He teased, stepping up and around the bike itself, listening intently to the list of repairs and fixes to the problematic machine. Now in tip top shape thanks to Arc's non-missing extremities. Running a flat palm over the fuel tank, as if to touch the object would make it more real than it had been before, head snapping up slowly to meet her own at the mention of last night's drinking buddy "What am I up to with D-?"

Interrupted by the devil himself rattling on the external door, kicked open and revealed to be the man himself, no more worse of wear for all the drinking he'd done the night before. The filtering of real light into the main room where he stood fading once more as Arc led Duck to join the group that had now formed in the wide open garage. He shared a look towards Duck, as if to admit he was completely out of the loop and was requesting further information. Turning to Arc as she gave him the answer, those two were on a trip outwheres to somewhere. And, likely, immient gang warfare of a large, worrying scale. And the Ford, cover ripped out from over the top of it. Fek it. In for a penny, in for a pound.

He turned towards Arc, looking between the both of them across and over his bike, newly ready for action. "Ladies first," he warbled in an almost lyrical tone. Of course, this was planned all along! Very much totally...