NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1605 on: <02-27-15/1319:14> »
How long until we get to the safe house?  Does Doc have time to work on his deck again?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1606 on: <02-27-15/1400:32> »
It's 35 minutes from Carbondale (the van disposal site) to the safehouse outside of Defiance, assuming all goes smoothly.

http://goo.gl/maps/M5j0e

Current time is about 5:00pm. Technically you haven't met up with the Bulldog to do the exchange of goods, but that will happen once the Bulldog RP wraps up, either today or over the weekend. It will take a few minutes to transfer everything between the two vans - cleaning it off as you go to limit the mess of the Bulldog migrating to the Eurovan - and then bleach the Bulldog. This timing is also dependent on Ohanzee not KOing himself with drain from casting Levitate.

Excluding any diversions or distractions, you will get to the safehouse around 5:45pm.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1607 on: <02-27-15/1411:28> »
Yeah. He might have to overcast it just to make the damage physical so that it doesn't max out his stun track. What silliness.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1608 on: <02-27-15/1417:36> »
Overcasting only goes to the Physical damage track if the hits exceed your Magic rating. Overcasting itself no longer causes P damage automatically.

From p. 281:

If the number of hits (not net hits) you get after applying
the limit exceeds your Magic rating, the spell’s Drain is
Physical instead of Stun damage.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1609 on: <02-27-15/1423:13> »
Okay, I'll write up another IC post where Doc works on his deck again... here's the repair roll:
Repairing deck (Hardware 5 + Logic 9 = 14): 14d6t5 5 (limit 9)
Forgot to put in minuses for working conditions.  Anything less than a -5 gives him a total of 4 hits.

I'll use 1 hit to reduce the time to 30 min, and the other 43 for repairs.  Another hour or so and he should be done fixing the damn thing :)
« Last Edit: <02-27-15/1432:56> by Zweiblumen »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1610 on: <02-27-15/1432:25> »
Your work conditions are Poor from working in a moving vehicle on a project involving fine motor control, but the Sport Package / Middle Amenities makes the Eurovan ride smoother and more comfortable, upgrading the modifier to Distracting. So -1.

Subtract a hit: 0 hits, no

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1611 on: <02-27-15/1433:51> »
Or what you did!

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1612 on: <02-27-15/1448:55> »
Preferably Ace will reboot comm a few minutes after he sent the message and as near as possible to a main artery highway. If no messages have been received he'll shut it right back down. Hopefully whoever reads it will see that he spells "instigator" in caps during his text.

If nothing is sent back, he'll have Doc wrk some matrix mojo at the safehouse and won't plan on rebooting the hunter's comm until sometime the next day after they've left.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1613 on: <02-27-15/1453:25> »
Hmm. Looks like Sam and Chino might have to lug the obelisk between vans.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1614 on: <02-27-15/1459:56> »
Ace has STR 6. He's not on par with the others, but he'll be happy to help.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1615 on: <02-27-15/1526:42> »
Also, on further reflection after this:

Quote from: Poindexter
I think no less of the vampire nor the Ares assassin borg, nor the... Dwarf?" Looking at Ohanzee and seeking to conjure up something horrible and factual to call him. It's at this very moment that Sam realizes something.There's not a shred of evidence beyond his association with us to suggest Ohanzee here used to be a crazed sociopath at all. Hmm. Then something else hits him. There's really no evidence that I am, either."

I think Ohanzee may have a secret that indicates he is a sociopath. He's been avoiding it IC, but things are starting to look like he is the one responsible for Gloria's violent and horrific demise. Since the statement that triggered my realization is Sam's internal dialogue, I'm not sure how or if I should approach this IC, but I'll be keeping an eye out for a good opportunity. Just thought I'd share that, though. All of us apparently have a dark secret, and that is probably Ohanzee's. I think that just leaves Sam - all of Blue Team seem to have some indication that they were murderous psychopaths, Ace was a corper, Kat is a vampire, and APB had a criminal SIN - though for what we don't yet know.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1616 on: <02-27-15/1546:56> »
Ace was a corper, Kat is a vampire, and APB had a criminal SIN - though for what we don't yet know.

A corper, yes, but one who is hard to find, tough to get hold of, almost seemingly in retirement. Came out at the request, it seems, of a vampire. Not just ANY vampire though. A vampire who prefers to drink cold blood from a bag than from warm flesh, AND who worships and has a personal connection with Hecate, the goddess of light. The first thing the two of them did was look up some infamous technomancer and convince her to go with them on whatever mission they were on.

They just SO sound like the good guys here, y'know?

Like, the four of us sound more like the twisted, sick, and evil NPCs that I'd be tracking across the mountains before they could complete some sort of horrible objective in a normal, non-amnesiac sort of game, don't we?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1617 on: <02-27-15/1646:07> »
A corper, yes, but one who is hard to find, tough to get hold of, almost seemingly in retirement. Came out at the request, it seems, of a vampire. Not just ANY vampire though. A vampire who prefers to drink cold blood from a bag than from warm flesh, AND who worships and has a personal connection with Hecate, the goddess of light. The first thing the two of them did was look up some infamous technomancer and convince her to go with them on whatever mission they were on.

This is all dynamite and the exact sort of thing that would be RP gold, were it to be posted ICly.

As for moving the obelisk, lifting is Strength*15kg without a test. Carrying is Strength*10kg, but other places in the rules indicate that carrying is more like "carrying it with you on a run" rather than "carry it five meters", so we'll just use the lifting rules.

You are uncertain how much the obelisk weighs, but best guesses put it between 315-400kg. As such, you need a combined Strength of 21-27 to move it without a test. The obelisk is big enough for four people to stand around it to help move it. Let's see how we add up for Strength:

Chino: 9
Sam: 8
Katsina: 7 (yay)
Ace: 6

All four together can move it without a test. Any three might be able to move it, or might need a test. Any two might be able to move it with a test and some decent rolling, although failure could result in it crushing your foot. Or Ohanzee can roll two hits on a spellcasting test and then soak two drain.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1618 on: <02-27-15/1708:27> »
Consider, however, that blood is but her dietary requirement. She still needs Essence. It only drops one point per month so long as she doesn't tax her powers, but still, at some point she needs a live meal.

But, yes, they sound like the good guys. APBs rap sheet is probably her foiling some corrupt official/executive nefarious plan and paying the price for doing the Right Thing®.

Ace may or may not have worked for Ares - he may have been undercover there but working for another party. And despite what Ace says, we haven't seen any evidence that his loyalties changed prior to his amnesia. He came to Aspen looking for someone - an unknown female operative, possibly Ares but possibly for whatever third party he may have worked for. Not Katsina, since Katsina was sent to look for him, or at least someone that looked a lot like him - there may be a whole squad of Ace clones for all we know. So maybe APB, but like Ace points out IC, it doesn't really fit, but it can't necessarily be ruled out. To my knowledge, he has not shared the dossier that was attached to the message he shared with the group, so we don't have much information to go on.

We don't know how recently Katsina became a vampire. It may have happened after coming to Aspen for all we know. Likely not relevant.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1619 on: <02-27-15/1714:38> »
Or Ohanzee can roll two hits on a spellcasting test and then soak two drain.
If I fail to drain a single point, I pass out. Again. I'm certainly willing to risk it - my odds of failing to soak that are slim, but my odds of failing to summon a force six spirit were slim, and I did it twice. Randomness is a bitch.

Sam and Chino were able to do it before, so adding in a third should be fine. Since all four can move it without a test and without too much trouble, that seems the best way to go.

Unless you all want to draw dicks on Ohanzee's face while he's passed out. Could be role playing gold...