NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1560 on: <02-23-15/1840:28> »
Katsina has not left the van. Given the diversity of his purchases (bacon, hiking boots), which would require visits to two different stores, Sam would likely not return to the van until the full 30 minutes have transpired. If Ace and Ohanzee have not returned to the van then I presume they will do so soon.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1561 on: <02-23-15/1844:14> »
Sorry guys.  I've ended up in an all day meeting and I've a team dinner tonight.  I'll do my best to get a post up ASAP.

:(
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1562 on: <02-23-15/1935:45> »
This is my 1000th post.

Some news for my milestone post. My wife is 13 weeks pregnant with out first child. We've had two ultrasounds and two rounds of bloodwork and everything is coming back with good results. We knew there were risks because we're on the older side (mid-30s) for couples having kids, but so far so good.

The due date is the end of August or the beginning of September. It's a boy, who I may or may not play Shadowrun with depending on how depraved I want him to be. We'll probably be on 7th Edition by then.

I'm telling you this both to share something that is personally important, but also to let you know that there is a very real deadline for the game. Now we've been making great progress and I don't have any complaints about the pace since we resumed three months ago. If anyone feels that I've been keeping the fire lit under you and pushing things along, you're not wrong. I'm doing so because I need to get this wrapped up in the next six months (preferably sooner, presuming people start disappearing for summer vacations), and also because I know that PbP games can linger on for eternity. I have another game going at Dumpshock that closing in on 40 months, which won't be an option for us here.

So, in summary, post early, post often, and let's see this baby through.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1563 on: <02-23-15/1957:57> »
Roger that. Lets finish this puppy off folks!
Soon as Sam gets back to the bulldog, he's gonna blow the obelisk up.  ;D ;D
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1564 on: <02-23-15/2256:51> »
Congrats, Tecumseh. Wish you and the missus the best of luck with the new rugrat.

8-bit

« Reply #1565 on: <02-24-15/0027:14> »
Congratulations Tecumseh! That's great news!

Roger that. Lets finish this puppy off folks!
Soon as Sam gets back to the bulldog, he's gonna blow the obelisk up.  ;D ;D

Well, that's one way to end it quickly, I suppose.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1566 on: <02-24-15/0101:54> »
Congratz Tec and misses Tec!  And sorry I've been MIA recently.  As I posted in Kindred Bond, things have been crazy for me, I'll get back to a post a day starting tomorrow.

Again, super sorry I've not been around recently.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1567 on: <02-24-15/0214:36> »
Thanks for checking in. From a GM's perspective, the issue is not absences so much as it is unexplained absences. Everyone goes on vacation or gets away from the computer for a few days. It's just when that happens unexpectedly that it throws a wrench in the works.

I'm going to post the arrival of the rental van. Having driven to Carbondale, the Bulldog only has about 6 kilometers left in the wheels. Given the short leash, Katsina is going to recommend the following quiet road to abandon the Bulldog:
http://goo.gl/maps/5r0xs

Contrary to what Street View is showing, the river is much higher in-game than in the photo, which appears to be taken in the autumn (i.e. at the lowest flow of the year, after the snows melt but before new snows fall).

@8-bit and @Poindexter This is your opportunity to have your smuggling route discussion.

Katsina should have time to do another preparation. I'll take a chance on another Combat Sense.

Combat Sense w/ Contact trigger @ F5: 5 hits
Soaking 6 Drain: 6 hits

Got a nice, big one there. She'll stop testing her luck.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1568 on: <02-24-15/1222:39> »
If the river is quite a bit higher, we may want to simply dump the van in it.  It's probably frozen over, but not frozen over enough to handle the weight of a Bulldog.  Depending on depth, it may not even be found until spring, and even if it only goes up the windows, the water will wash away any evidence, and I'm not sure about how things run in the PCC, but when I was in Montana, if a car took a plunge it usually wasn't picked up until the following spring anyway, unless there people inside, of course.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1569 on: <02-24-15/1455:42> »
Ace adds a couple gallons of bleach and a 12 pack of real beer to the growing number of supplies on his cart, and heads toward the checkout line.  He smiles at the clerk as he slots his credstick, and offers, "Hope your shift goes smoothly," before loading up the bags and heading to the Bulldog.

Ahh, the joys of having a valid SIN ;)

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1570 on: <02-24-15/1459:26> »
@8-bit and @Poindexter This is your opportunity to have your smuggling route discussion.

Are Chino and Sam the only ones in the bulldog for the ride out to the lake?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1571 on: <02-24-15/1529:58> »
Whether Chino and Sam are the only ones in the Bulldog is up to Doc and Ohanzee. And Ace too, I suppose, who could ride along if he wasn't feeling like he should trust Blue Team alone with the goods. Katsina is being very trusting by letting Sam ride with the obelisk and his explosive device.

I'll say Chino and Sam are alone by default, but if anyone else wants to tag along then it is up to Sam/Chino to either invite or dissuade them ICly.

@Zweiblumen I'll get your search results up later. Big report due tomorrow so it's crunch time at work today.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1572 on: <02-24-15/1536:51> »
I'll give everyone till tonight to object, then I'm gonna start posting like it's just he and I in the car.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1573 on: <02-24-15/1618:43> »
Should have a post up soon. I'll probably tag along in the old van just to stay with the obelisk (and incidentally ruin Sam and Chino's moment). I apologize for the monkey wrench, but it is simply what Ohanzee would do - as much as he hates riding in this van. He also has a shopping list that takes him to multiple stores, and specifically want's to be away from the van when the new one arrives in case it brings trouble. It'll make it harder to pen us in or surround us, and harder to determine our exact numbers. I also don't want to be alone in case there are already enemy actors in position looking to take out stragglers. All of this is likely moot, but it just gives an idea of Ohanzee's thought process.

@Tec Grats. Kids are wonderful, but your free time will plummet (as you are expecting). I do most of my posting from work because I am not left alone for more than 5 minutes at home.

@red I appreciate the purchasing assistance. I'll let Ace pick up the camera and magnesium torches (total 125¥) as those are largely community expenses (the camera is for shared intel and the torches are for those that don't have thermo). Ohanzee will purchase the rest for himself.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1574 on: <02-24-15/1621:04> »
Oh, and someone will likely need to cover the van rental when it comes due as I doubt Ohanzee can, so unless he objects, I'm assuming Ace will cover that as well. Ohanzee will still eat the 200¥ for the intro to the Madame, but again, actual board will have to be covered by someone else.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral