• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1170 on: <01-30-15/1135:13> »
Programs: Agent; Decryption; Encryption; Mugger
A: 7(8 ) S: 4 D: 6 F: 5(6)

CT3 IP2:
Doc:
Complex Action: Brute Force Mark 2 marks on the Bulldog (Log 9 + CC 6 + VR 2 - Wounds 2 - two marks 4 = 12): 12d6t5 2 (limit 8 ) ugh... nice thing about lots of edge
reroll misses(10): 10d6t5 4
6 hits *should* get me two marks, we'll see how well the truck resists :P
Agent:
Complex Action: Agent Mark Enfield AS-7 Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls + VR 2 = 16: 16d6t5 6 (limit 8 )
Assuming successful mark
Free Action: Agent ejecting clip Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls + VR 2 = 16: 16d6t5 8 (limit 4)

I'll IC that up after results.
« Last Edit: <01-30-15/1237:42> by Zweiblumen »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1171 on: <01-30-15/1159:30> »
So, there's a pretty good chance I'm going down this next pass.  If that happens, and Ace can't be stabilized, don't forget about the data-lock in his noggin, which everyone should be aware of IC.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1172 on: <01-30-15/1420:27> »
If the character does not act before the end of the Initiative Pass, they incur the standard reduction of 10 at the end of the Initiative Pass.
With my Initiative of 4, delaying into the next IP would leave me with a -6 and thus forfeit my action.

The standard -10 reduction is a way to prevent people from taking two Action Passes in a single IP. Let's look at it realistically. If a Combat Turn is 3 seconds and we have two IPs then each IP lasts 1.5 seconds. If Ohanzee's initiative score only allows him to take action in one IP, I don't see any reason why he should be forced to take it during the first IP rather than the second. ("You can only act in the first 1.5 seconds... if you wait longer, you can't act in the second 1.5 seconds" ---> Doesn't make any sense.)

In anything, it would be more realistic to force Ohanzee to act in the second IP, reflecting how slow he is. That used to be the mechanic of the earlier editions but the result was the wired samurai killed everyone before the rest of the team even had a chance to act. So they nixed that for gameplay reasons, not realism.

Long story short, if you only have a single IP and want to use it during IP2 rather than IP1 then I won't have any problems with it.

Bulldog
Resist marks: 3 hits, good thing you Edged
Doc now has 2 marks on the Bulldog.

Enfield
Resist marks: 1 hit
Doc now has 1 mark on the Enfield.
Resist Control Device: 1 hit
The Enfield pops its clip!

Wolf
Using Fear on Troll with Sthotgun, per Ohanzee's request.
Magic 6 + Willpower 6 - 3 Wounds: 2 hits
Troll (Willpower + Logic - Wounds): 1 hit
Said troll will be losing his drek for the next Combat Turn.

Ork Samurai
Run!
The ork does not take any aggressive action toward Ace nor the RV. He is running for the hills.

Next
@Zweiblumen IC post your Matrix success.
@Malevolence IC post Ohanzee's IP plus Wolf's successful use of Fear.
@Poindexter Sam's up. Here's the layout, assuming Sam continues to the end of the RV as previously planned.

*|   ||[G]|*        O <----- O is for Ork
          *|   ||[M]|*    /RV/S <----- S is for Sam
          *|   ||   |* A /RV/ <----- A is for Ace
          *|   ||   |*  /RV/
          *|   ||   |* /RV/
     Wolf *|   ||   |*[ATV] <----- Snowmobile / ATV / Gas Grenade)
(cliff)   *|   || E |* <----- E is for Elven female staggering toward Tata
          *|   ||[T]|* <----- Troll on the passenger side of the Tata
          *|   ||[H]|*

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1173 on: <01-30-15/1501:32> »
Wow. 0 creative juices for todays IC post :(  Seriously considering just trashing it.  Feels a little wash rinse repeat to me.  Though honestly, it's not like Doc really accomplished much.  This was more of a prepratory IP.  3rd round won't be much either.  Next CT should be good.

Actually yeah, Tec, do you mind if I scratch that IC and wait until the end of the CT to post what he did?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1174 on: <01-30-15/1505:47> »
Sure, it can wait.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1175 on: <01-30-15/1516:11> »
Cool.

* Zweiblumen goes and deletes that bit and pretends the world never saw it.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1176 on: <01-30-15/1536:06> »
Long story short, if you only have a single IP and want to use it during IP2 rather than IP1 then I won't have any problems with it.
Can I still get my Free Action for the first IP and use that to let Wolf know that the Bulldog is tactically important to our survival, then take my IP2 Free action at the top of the pass to ask for help, then delay a Complex Action for later in IP2? Cause I'll do that if I can.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1177 on: <01-30-15/1627:03> »
Can I still get my Free Action for the first IP and use that to let Wolf know that the Bulldog is tactically important to our survival, then take my IP2 Free action at the top of the pass to ask for help, then delay a Complex Action for later in IP2? Cause I'll do that if I can.

Broadly, yes, with one modification.

Wolf used Fear in IP1 and will again in IP2. In between those Ohanzee needs to spend a Free Action to direct Wolf to a new target (the troll with the shotgun). It doesn't matter which IP because, as you say, Ohanzee can just take his IP2 Free Action early.

Realistically, Ohanzee does not need to ask for help. Chino and Katsina are both aware of his situation; unless something interferes, one of them will help him this IP.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1178 on: <01-30-15/1739:14> »
Cool, doing that then.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1179 on: <01-31-15/0003:28> »
Ok, Im back from work. THAT sure was a shitty 11 hours for 90 bucks! :) I'm all caught up and ready to attempt my IP. The composure's still got me at -1, right? And the Ork is NOT blocking my line of fire as we were worried he might be, correct? If I have a line of fire on the driver of the GMC, the actions will be:

Simple: Ready weapon/Lean around corner to fire
Simple: Fire single shot at driver (Don't wanna risk damaging our getaway vehicle TOO much, and i think i've used up most if not all of my recoil comp for the moment.

If I don't have a line of fire on the driver, due to whatever, is there anyone exiting or entering the GMC that I DO have a shot at? If just one target, I'll fire at it. If there are multiples, I spose I'll wait for you to tell me bout em. OOC, i think i remember something about there being a LOT of people in that thing, right? Bout that GMC, are the windows up? doors closed? Just curious.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1180 on: <01-31-15/0147:14> »
The ork is totally in the way of the shot on the driver. The ork sees Sam; Sam sees the ork. The good news is that the ork isn't making any hostile moves toward the RV or Sam. He's running wild-eyed.

Sam is still at -1 for Composure, yes.

Options:
1) Gun down the ork.
2) Delay action, hoping that Chino or Katsina can take out the ork, freeing up the shot.
3) Shoot someone else. There's a troll in the van in Good Cover. He'll be running for the hills in a moment because Wolf used Fear on him, but he hasn't left cover yet. He will shortly but that's OOC.

The revised recoil rules are that recoil resets if you take any Simple or Complex Action other than firing. Thus if Sam takes a Simple Action to Ready Weapon, it will reset his recoil counter. (If you wanted to take a single shot you'd have to use your smartlink to change your gun mode to SA.)

If Sam delays action, there's a -1 modifier to whatever action he eventually takes this IP.

The GMC's windows on the passenger side are all busted out, thanks to Sam's initial grenade. Both the passenger doors (front and rear sliding) are wide open. The troll is currently crouched next to the sliding door.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1181 on: <01-31-15/0208:34> »
Honestly, even though its not the most tactically sound option, I feel like Sam would mow down the ork. He's gotta be really close, huh?

Assuming i use the simple to ready the weapon, what kinda penalties am I looking at for a 3 round burst?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1182 on: <01-31-15/0220:12> »
-1 walking
-1 composure

I think that's it. Honestly, I don't think Sam needs a Ready Weapon action. He was shooting last IP and it's not like he did anything to become un-ready since then. The ork is obvious so Sam doesn't need an Observe in Detail or anything to spot him. You could probably offset the above penalties with your smartlink and using Take Aim as the Simple Action instead.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1183 on: <01-31-15/0232:54> »
Well, he WAS walking backwards to the end of the RV, then turned counter-clockwise 135 degrees to use the corner for cover.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1184 on: <01-31-15/0240:20> »
I am going to bed. Just roll and we'll resolve it tomorrow. I won't force you to use Take Aim. Ready Weapon is fine too.