Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1035 on: <01-22-15/1944:23> »
So Wolf can't make the RV in one IP?
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1036 on: <01-22-15/2005:23> »
ok, so no actions that require rolls or change the battlefield in any meaningful way from sam this pass. Will post IC soon, or I might just work this pass and the next pass into one post if that's all good with you. although, if it matters, the obscenities will continue in the general vein of their mothers being whores, his intention to watch the flesh flayed from their genitals, and something about bringing the wrath and hunger of "Baba Yaga" down on them.

aint worked out the exact wording on it just yet.
« Last Edit: <01-22-15/2008:05> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #1037 on: <01-22-15/2023:23> »
IC up. Chino's hurting pretty bad, but he's alive, for now at least.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1038 on: <01-22-15/2027:58> »
how many boxes left till he's down?

Not like Sam can do anything about it...
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #1039 on: <01-22-15/2033:14> »
how many boxes left till he's down?

Not like Sam can do anything about it...

2. Then 5 Overflow Boxes. And he's still on fire.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1040 on: <01-22-15/2043:43> »
So Wolf can't make the RV in one IP?

Per my earlier post, the RV is 12 meters from the Bulldog:

From the back of the RV it's 12 meters to the front of the Bulldog and 25 meters to the front of the Tata.

Add a meter to get out of the Bulldog and another meter to get to the front of it, then that leaves Wolf 14 meters to get to the back of the RV. The RV is 4m tall but at least Wolf isn't bound by gravity. Breaking out the geometry,  a2  + b2 = c2, we find that it's 14.6 meters in a straight line from Wolf's position to the top-rear of the RV.

Wolf's running rate is 14 meters per turn. We can say that Wolf can make it by the end of the Combat Turn, but only halfway there this IP. He'll be exposed in the meantime.

Let me know what your plan is. It will affect the next few NPCs. I'll work on an IC post in the meantime.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1041 on: <01-23-15/0007:42> »
It occurs to me that I have not been good about using the RG2 (Target Size Modifiers) rule as I said that I would. This system makes Chino and Sam easier to hit, but also orks and troll opponents too.

I won't change the attacks on Sam and Chino but I will add back a die for Ace's shot on the street samurai, since the ork is a "bulky" target.
Additional die: 0 hits, previous result stands

Without observing in detail, this is what Ace can see:
1) Four metahumans in the Bulldog, and Wolf. Ace cannot see the other metahumans in the van. All the metahumans have Good Cover.
2) A troll standing behind the open passenger door of the Tata Hotspur. The troll is large (+2 to hit) and in Good Cover. Ace does not see a driver.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1042 on: <01-23-15/0120:02> »
Wolf will definitely go Full Defense. He's going to go for it - there aren't really any good spots to hunker down. Inside the van he suffers a -2 to defense form the cramped quarters. On top of the van, the occupants still have a clean shot just by standing on tippy toes, as does the mage. Using the van for cover from the mage doesn't stop the occupants from taking shots, and the troll in the TH can get his shots in, and the mage can probably move far enough to peek around the corner and take a shot. The cliff, even if he could make it in one round, actually sounds like a decent idea. If they choose to follow, they stand exposed, losing their cover and become great targets for Ace and (soon, I hope) Sam. If not, he's got the earth for cover.

So yeah, if he can make it over the cliff this IP, that's where he'll go. Otherwise, he'll move to the top of the RV and pray he can make it. In either case, he's going FD to increase his odds a little.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1043 on: <01-23-15/0250:42> »
Getting to the cliff is probably right on the cusp of what Wolf can reach this IP. I'll say that he's exposed for the remainder of the pass but if he survives until the end of the IP then he'll be over the edge to safety. With that in mind, we'll proceed.

Combat Mage
Was that a freaking laser beam?? Better pay attention to that! Ace is getting manabolted @ F6.
Magic + Spellcasting: 4 hits
Soaking 3 drain: 3 hits, no drain
@redblack Please roll Willpower against the 4 hits. Damage is Physical.

Troll in Bulldog
Hurr durr, laser beam bad!
Troll is throwing a grenade at Ace, even though he's wounded and not terribly good at throwing things. It remains to be seen if this a shrewd tactical decision or a major miscalculation.
Throwing: 1 hit
1d6 for scatter range: 3 minus 1 hit equals 2 meters
Grenade scatter direction: 9, 2 o'clock

The troll chucks the grenade, which hits the lip on the side of the road and ends up two meters to Ace's left (and a bit behind). The grenade is emitting a steady hiss of gas/smoke of some sort. There is no immediate effect to Ace.

Decker
Exiting the Bulldog and staggering toward the Tata.

Next
@Malevolence Ohanzee's up. There spirit that de-materialized at the end of the last Combat Turn is still attacking Katsina on the astral. Other than that, Ohanzee is still stuck in his harness in a burning RV.
« Last Edit: <01-23-15/1316:37> by Tecumseh »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1044 on: <01-23-15/1156:00> »
Ace's base walking speed is 9 meters.

Ace's base walking rate is 9 meters per Combat Turn. As Ace will have two IPs, his per-IP movement rate is half of the base rate.

Gotcha.  I forgot that Ace would be getting a +1 to his Initiative, giving him a second pass.

Ok, V. Manabolt:
Will V. Manabolt: 3d6t5 2

Ace takes 2P, putting him at 5P, so still only a -1 mod.  Getting close, though.

Is it a Free Action to snap a pic with one's cyber eyes?  I'm assuming that Ace couldn't snap a pic, and then send it a free, so we'll stretch that out over to the next CT.

CT 2, IP 2
Free: Snap picture using cyber eyes (if allowed) Bah, Ace still has to use his free to Run.  Ok, so no pics this IP.  I'm assuming text/transmit short phrase is out as well.
Simple: Take Aim
Simple: 1 shot with Lancer.  This time, we're going to go for the combat mage that just fried Ace.  Maybe I'll get lucky as said mage's armor is 10 or less.  If it's a hit, it should just be beastly for him/her to soak with just Body.  *fingers crossed*

AGI (9) + Laser (6) + Take Aim (1) - Wound Modifier (1) - Running (2) = 13

Lancer v. Combat Mage's face: 13d6t5 4

Hitting the statistical norm.  That's 7P -10AP to the Combat Mage

Lancer is at 4/10 ammo-wise.

Also, I'm taking a good part of today off, so I may not get to post IC.  I know I'm starting to fall behind, ICly, so I'll do what I can, but I wanted to let everyone know.

ETA: Ok, IC up.  I'll probably be gone for the rest of the day/weekend.  As soon as Ace can get a text off, he'll send:

<<@Team [Ace] Street Sam in Bulldog, front passenger seat, another mage around too.  Sam, I could use some backup about now.>>

Next CT, if the opposition is throwing what they can at the crew, and let's be honest, that's exactly what they'll do, Ace will quick-draw his Crusader, and lay down some Suppressive Fire.  That should keep them busy.  Feel free to RP Ace in my absence. 

« Last Edit: <01-23-15/1258:39> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1045 on: <01-23-15/1422:01> »
Taking a photo with cybereyes would be a Free Action.

Generally speaking, I often allow two Free Actions in a single Initiative Pass if they don't overlap or conflict. The book offers the example of speaking a phrase while dropping an object. Taking a photo and then transmitting it would be a step too far, but in this case I think sending a message while running is perfectly legitimate. However, per the rules I do want to keep the speak/text/transmit action to short phrases. I'm thinking 5-7 words per phrase. (Allowances were made for Sam's swearing because it was colorful and not trying to convey actionable information.) Ace's proposed transmission would require 2-3 actions.

Remember that you can use a Free Action even in an Initiative Pass where you don't have an action.

Separately, this is a turn-based game, not real-time, so the rules require certain abstractions. If those abstractions lead to absurdities then I'll try to amend things even if it leads to rulings that aren't strictly RAW. For example, if there were an enemy whose Initiative for a Combat Turn was 10, I wouldn't let them take their Full Combat turn's worth of movement in a single IP (the only one they have) while making everyone else with two IPs divide their movement into two. I wouldn't let the enemy get away during their one IP (by jumping over the cliff, say) while you all stared dumbly, unable to stop them or catch up until your second IP. I would stretch the enemy's movement out over two IPs, even if their Initiative score only gives them one.

Taking this a step further, let's say that Ace (Initiative 15) is squaring off against a berserking troll with a combat axe (Initiative 10). This troll wants to charge 12 meters across the intervening space to beat Ace to death with the axe. Ace would prefer this not to happen. Since 12 meters is more than the troll can walk, she will have to run. Ace, at action phase 15, gets to act first. At action phase 10, I would have the troll start running, but I wouldn't let her close the full distance and attack without giving Ace his second IP at action phase 5. If the troll is still standing after that then she can proceed to swing for Ace's face (technically acting during IP2 instead of IP1), but I'm not going to let her warp a full Combat Turn's worth of movement instantaneously.

Let me know if that makes sense.

@Zweiblumen Go ahead and spool up IP2 actions for Doc and his Agent, as I am guessing that Ohanzee's actions will not affect them much. (I could be wrong. Ohanzee could tell Doc to get back to the meat world to start playing doctor.) Let's assume that Ace transmits the first part of his message ("Street Sam in Bulldog, front passenger seat") so Doc knows where to look. That position correlates to the second Hermes Ikon (silent device #2).

Edit: Grammar. Improper use of the subjunctive.
« Last Edit: <01-26-15/1340:07> by Tecumseh »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1046 on: <01-23-15/1435:36> »
Programs: Agent; Decryption; Encryption; Mugger
A: 7(8 ) S: 4 D: 6 F: 5(6)

Doing the exact same thing just to the next guy then!
CT2 IP1:
Doc:
Free Action: Tell Agent to find all wireless gear running on street sam (for real this time!)
Complex Action: Brute Force Mark 1 mark Street Sam (Log 9 + CC 6 + VR 2 - Wounds 2 = 16) (for real this time!): 16d6t5 4
Agent:
Complex Action: Agent's Matrix Perception on Street Sam Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls + VR 2 = 16 (for real this time!): 16d6t5 5

I'm running out of actions to communicate with anyone else :(  Is the agent smart enough to keep doing this going down the list?  (we did #1 last turn and #2 this turn)  Or will I need to tell him what to do each action?
« Last Edit: <01-23-15/1621:46> by Zweiblumen »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1047 on: <01-23-15/1612:15> »
Ohanzee will assist Katsina and let the other's know that "Wolf needs help outside".
Astral Combat [Willpower 6 + Astral Combat 5 - Wounds 3]: 8d6t5 3
Ah, but I forgot my two dice penalty from the accident:
Lose two dice: 2d6t5 1
Of course I get a hit. 2 hits on the Astral Combat.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1048 on: <01-23-15/1904:51> »
Spirit's astral defense against Ohanzee: 3 hits, no luck there.

This brings us to the end of CT2 IP1. Composure negative modifiers are reduced by 1. Katsina and Chino have recentered themselves. Sam is at -2 and Ohanzee -1. Initiative scores have been adjusted accordingly. Now back to the top of the order!

Resisting Doc's Brute Force: 1 hit, Doc has a mark!

The agent finds the following devices slaved to the Hermes Ikon:
1) cybereyes
2) earbuds
3) cyberarm (cyberspur, cyberarm slide)
4) Ares Predator V
5) HK-227

Without further direction, the agent will continue with its previous assignment (namely, identifying the street sam's wireless gear). The agent indicates that there are likely more devices slaved; this is what it could find on the first pass.

Katsina and the spirit attacking her act simultaneously.

Astral spirit
Spirit attack: 3 hits
Katsina defense: 1 hit, bonk!
Base damage is 3P + 2 net hits = 5P
Katsina soak: 2 hits, Katsina takes 3P

Katsina
Katsina seems very alarmed that Ace is outside by himself and that Sam is carrying the bomb (and acting in a less-than-composed manner). She's going to cast Influence on Sam to get him to drop the bomb and go help Ace. The wound modifier from the astral attack does not apply since the actions are simultaneous.
Katsina spellcasting Influence @ F6: 6 hits
Katsina soaking 5 drain: 4 hits, Katsina takes 1S and is now at 2S due to her previous drain
@Poindexter Roll Willpower + Logic to resist
The spellcasting is (very) obvious to Ohanzee, and Chino may have noticed it as well depending on how distracted he is by being on fire.

Next
Sam
Bulldog Driver
Street Sam

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1049 on: <01-23-15/2333:05> »
I'm unwilling to spend edge on this, so...

resist influence: 9d6t5 3

So i spose i do whatever Katsina wants me to. Deja Vu?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english