NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #990 on: <01-21-15/0001:34> »
Agent goes on full matrix defense to protect the 'deck.
Doc will cut to the chase and just start smashing the persona and not bother with the marks.

The agent can go on Full Matrix Defense for itself but not for the whole deck. Doing so would be wildly disproportionate with what other programs offer. For example, Encryption increases Firewall by +1, not +6.

Please list your deck configuration pretty much every time you make take a Matrix action.

Programs: Agent; Decryption; Encryption; Mugger
A: 7(8 ) S: 4 D: 6 F: 5(6)

This chick is going to have a hard time with 8 hits. Let's see how it goes.
Resist Data Spike: 7 hits!, a valiant effort! but not enough.

Base damage is 8DV staged to 10DV with the net hit and by the fact that this gal is running Virtual Machine. Soak with Device Rating + Firewall.
Soaking 10DV: 1 hit, ow!
The deck takes 9DV! It is s device rating 2 so it only has 9 boxes. Doc one-shot bricks it!

Decker is dumpshocked and needs to soak 6P for being in hot-sim.
Soaking dumpshock: 3 hits
Decker takes 3P and is at an additional -2 for disorientation from dumpshock.
The decker and her persona drop out of the Matrix. Doc has the run of the place to himself (with his Agent).

Next
Ork Samurai
Fire Imp

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #991 on: <01-21-15/0009:42> »
Please list your deck configuration pretty much every time you make take a Matrix action.

Sorry, thought it was on the same page, didn't realize how many actions we've got going.  I'll update each time, important too as I though I had hammer going instead of mugger.  Worked out anyway.  Next up will be the Sam.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #992 on: <01-21-15/0014:01> »
Going to get an IC post up.

In the meantime, Initiative for the next Combat Turn.

Initiative (Intuition 3 + Reaction 6 + 2d6): 9+2d6 15 [1, 5]

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #993 on: <01-21-15/0023:47> »
Ork Samurai
Stabbing Wolf worked pretty well so let's try that again.
Stabby stab! 4 hits
Wolf (-2 Constrained -2 Third Dodge, -2 Wound Modifiers): 4 hits, Wolf doesn't like to be pet that way.
Stabbing friendly fire? 1 = yes, 6, no

Fire imp
The fire imp is decidedly unamused by the water mist and the dry-chemical cloud. It dematerializes and returns to the astral. Katsina and Ohanzee can see it there.

This concludes CT1. Everyone please roll initiative now. Don't forget your wound and composure modifiers.

Mysterious roll: ??

Katsina: 16
Sam: 15 after composure modifier
Chino: 14 after wound modifier

8-bit

« Reply #994 on: <01-21-15/0034:36> »
Ah, yes, forgot that Wound modifiers affect Initiative.

Also, damn. Chino doesn't have something to immediately attack on the Physical anymore. Time to activate my Astral Perception.

Question time.

Activating my Astral Perception would make me dual-natured, meaning I can make normal melee attacks, right? Not 100% sure about that. Otherwise, I have to use Astral Combat. What kind of Action is that? I can't find an Action associated with it; I'm thinking Complex Action (the Use Skill action), but hoping for a Simple Action. Also, the Astral Damage table on page 315 says that a Magician's DV is equal to their Charisma. I assume it's the same for Adepts?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #995 on: <01-21-15/0046:08> »
The fire spirit that used the Accident power is still materialized and would be an excellent, if painful, target for Chino. Punching it will hurt like hell, but that's what magic and medkits are for! Glory lives forever.

When you are dual-natured, you can attack something on the Physical plane - including another dual-natured entity, like a materialized spirit - with normal melee attacks. You can attack a solely-astral being with Astral Combat. Technically you could attack a dual-natured being with either melee attacks or Astral Combat. For example, if you wanted to avoid punching a fire spirit with your bare hands.

Astral Combat is a complex action.

Charisma would be your base damage on the astral, but Spirit Claw applies to astral combat too. That would add +3DV (half of Magic rounded up).

If I never confirmed it earlier, Chino's Magic is indeed 5.

8-bit

« Reply #996 on: <01-21-15/0050:53> »
Can Chino see the one with the Accident power? Or would that require a Perception check? He was mostly focused on the one that was lighting everything on fire.

Thanks for confirming everything else, that clears stuff up.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #997 on: <01-21-15/0057:02> »
Chino can absolutely see the giant flaming elemental standing in his way.

Do note that fire spirits are dodgy bastards with high Reaction attributes. But if Chino can lay a hit on him with Killing Hands, the spirit will pop like a balloon.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #998 on: <01-21-15/0129:29> »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #999 on: <01-21-15/0149:00> »
You only rolled 2d6 for Doc.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1000 on: <01-21-15/0157:31> »
Ohanzee's initiative:
Initiative: 1d6+2 6
Wolf's Initiative:
Initiative: 2d6+12 15
Full of suck.
More suck - Wolf is actually at 13 due to his -2 Wound modifier.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1001 on: <01-21-15/0216:40> »
You only rolled 2d6 for Doc.

Because I'm silly and pulled two dice for wounds instead of two points...
2d6: 2d6 11
32-2=30

He gets to do a lot in the matrix!

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1002 on: <01-21-15/1052:25> »
Initiative (Base 7+2d6) -1 Wound -1 Composure: 5+2d6 10

ETA:

I think Sam may be carrying the rifle Ace is looking for.

I think Sam has the rifle from Mr. Moran's house.  Ace should still have one of the rifles that the poachers were carrying, though I can't remember what it is?  It might not matter at this point, with the spirit's dematerializing the smarter play might be for Ace to start firing at the street sam while he's engaged in melee combat.
« Last Edit: <01-21-15/1120:47> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1003 on: <01-21-15/1529:24> »
Initiative for CT2 IP1
Doc30
Doc's Agent29
not you20
not you17
not you16
not you16
Katsina16
Wolf15
Sam15
not you15
not you15
Chino14
not you10
Ace10
not you9
not you8
not you8
not you7
Ohanzee6

Some initiative scores will go up +1 for IP2 as the shock of the crash begins to wear off.

Doc and his Agent are up first. @Zweiblumen Go ahead and declare + roll as needed.

The hunter's rifle is a Springfield M1A. There's also a PJSS Model 55 shotgun available from the hunters.

Edit: The M1A has a smartlink mounted on it. The wireless functionality of the smartlink is currently OFF. If anyone is looking for the missing hunter, and if they know to look for the smartlinked rifle, then turning on wireless may alert authorities to the gun's location.
« Last Edit: <01-21-15/1543:17> by Tecumseh »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1004 on: <01-21-15/1608:04> »
I'm guessing a matrix perception is needed to see what gear the Street Sam is running, but I'll get marks on him first just in case he survives.

Programs: Agent; Decryption; Encryption; Mugger
A: 7(8 ) S: 4 D: 6 F: 5(6)

CT2 IP1:
Doc:
Free Action: Tell Agent to find all wireless gear running on street sam
Complex Action: Brute Force Mark 1 mark Street Sam (Log 9 + CC 6 + VR 2 - Wounds 2 = 16): 16d6t5 5 Limit 8
Agent:
Complex Action: Agent's Matrix Perception on Street Sam Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls + VR 2 = 16: 16d6t5 9 Limit 6

Agent just wants to identify as many devices running on the sam as possible.

Register