NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #975 on: <01-20-15/0108:30> »
@Malevolence
The "Defender has Defended Against Previous Attacks" counter was reset when Wolf acted. See p. 189.

Spirit astrally attacking Katsina
Force * 2 - Wound Modifier: 3 hits
Katsina resist: Intuition 6 + Logic 5 - 2 wound modifier - 1 composure: 1 hit, herp derp
Base damage is 5P + 2 net hits, which Katsina doesn't want to risk so she'll Edge the dodge roll.
Edge reroll: 2 hits + 1 hit = 3 net hits
Katsina dodges by the skin of her teeth.

Spirit astrally attacking Ohanzee
Force * 2 - Wound Modifier: 1 hit
@Malevolence, please dodge 1 hit. Wound and composure modifiers apply, but not Ohanzee's physical constraints (i.e. the jammed seatbelt).
If you pull a Poindexter and can't manage a hit to dodge, then base damage is 2P + 1 for the net hit. Roll Willpower to soak (since Willpower is Body on the astral).

Projecting magician
Magician stops projecting and returns to his broken body.

Next
@rednblack Ace!
I'll get to work on an IC post. Everyone is encouraged to add their own details and color commentary ICly. Namely, I want to know what Sam is screaming.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #976 on: <01-20-15/0131:51> »
bout to sleep tonight and lotta work tomorrow, but ill find time for the post.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #977 on: <01-20-15/0341:30> »
@Malevolence
The "Defender has Defended Against Previous Attacks" counter was reset when Wolf acted. See p. 189.
Oh, good. For some reason I thought it reset each Combat Turn. Per combat phase is much more reasonable. I'm glad I was reading that wrong.

Spirit astrally attacking Ohanzee
Force * 2 - Wound Modifier: 1 hit
@Malevolence, please dodge 1 hit. Wound and composure modifiers apply, but not Ohanzee's physical constraints (i.e. the jammed seatbelt).
If you pull a Poindexter and can't manage a hit to dodge, then base damage is 2P + 1 for the net hit. Roll Willpower to soak (since Willpower is Body on the astral).
Whelp, 7-5 is 2 dice, so less than a 50% chance. Here goes...
Dodge Spirit Attack [Int 4 + Log 3 - Wound 3 - Crash 2]: 2d6t5 1
Yay!

Projecting magician
Magician stops projecting and returns to his broken body.
And he gets a new, meaty initiative. Imma guess he's out of actions this CT. Wolf is going to let him get some alone time with a heal spell while he teaches a certain ork a lesson. Nah, just kidding. Wolf needs to make sure he doesn't try banishing. He'd probably be okay for one since he has 2 services and the mage only has about a 3 die advantage (assuming 6 magic and 6 Banishing), and probably less. But still, the way rolls have been going, I'd rather avoid the risk.

Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #978 on: <01-20-15/0721:45> »
Rea + Int -2: 5d6t5 3

Re: Accident, Ace is clear. IC forthcoming.

ETA: we're so not dead.  Drone is gone, Wolf is stacking up the negative modifiers on the other side of the equation, and . . . reasons, I guess.  Seriously,  think everybody's coming away from this one breathing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM

Ok, so Chino's on fire.  Lucky we have an impromptu sprinkler system right above us.  I'm glad if were were going to flip, it was on the passenger side.  Ace is going to jump up and knock the faucet off the sink.  That should help Chino out, and the fire spirit won't like getting soaked either.  So, Tec, do I have the action economy to do that?  Melee combat is a complex action, so that points to no, but Ace isn't really hitting a creature.  He can:

Simple: Stand
Free: Movement (Jump)
Simple: Swipe at faucet with his cyber spur.

If a swipe with the spur is a Complex action, and I have my doubts as a melee complex action takes bobs, weaves, and multiple strikes into account, then Ace will spend a simple action to grab the faucet.  His weight should be enough to pull it right off.  Whaddya think, Tec?

« Last Edit: <01-20-15/0828:32> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #979 on: <01-20-15/1150:50> »
Excellent plan. I love the out of the box thinking.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #980 on: <01-20-15/1201:50> »
This is a legitimate approach. It's more like an overly-aggressive Use Simple Object than an attack. Personally, I thought Ace was going to try to shoot a fire extinguisher, which would have been awesome but also would have seriously impaired visibility.

Pros: This is going to stop the fire from spreading (but not put it out completely). It's also going to seriously piss off the fire spirits, who will have to resist an attack since fire spirits have an allergy to water..
Cons: The spray in the air is going to mess with Ace's Lancer and its DV, should he need to shoot with it inside the RV again. I suppose there's a longer-term concern about wet clothes and hypothermia but let's deal with the kill squad first.

I will generally reward problem solving and fourth-dimensional thinking. Sometimes the best approach is a long burst of APDS ammo, but other times environmental awareness will save your life.

The action is now to Katsina and the fire spirits resisting an attack. We're going to pause here for a bit. I have a big report due tomorrow that I'm behind on so it will likely be a long day for me. I might check in at lunch and maybe dinner but otherwise don't expect much until late tonight. Until then, please use the time to compose your IC posts about the most recent action phase.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #981 on: <01-20-15/1234:13> »
As for the cons, I think I'll risk the potential hypothermia in the future for survival now.  At least Ace has another set of dry clothes -- the duffel bag should do a good job, or at least an adequate one and survival gear is made to get wet -- and the others should be fine so long as we can get in a vehicle and crank up the heat.

As for the Lancer, so long as it functions outside, Ace will use the rifle purloined from the poachers if he needs to fire in the RV again.  Maybe the offending mage will be taken out by then, and the spirit will be a non-issue, but if not, I feel pretty good about a -6 mod.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #982 on: <01-20-15/1551:20> »
Per the Allergy quality, the fire spirits have to soak 1P. Immunity to Normal Weapons does not apply. A more directed attack (like a fire hose) would do more damage.

Fire-starting imp: 2 hits, no damage
Accident-causing elemental: 0 hits, that's 1P

More importantly, the two fire spirits are now have a -4 modifier due to contact with their allergen. They are spitting mad.

Ace has inspired Katsina. She's still on her back but she's going to use Magic Fingers to activate the fire extinguisher and try to spray the elementals. She'll tank the spirit stomping on her astrally for now. She'll use her Free Action to keep Counterspelling.

Magic Fingers @ F5
Magic 6 + Spellcasting 6 + Mentor Spirit 2 - 2 Wound - 1 Composure: 5 hits
Soaking 3 Drain: 7 hits, no drain

Magic Fingers active with Strength 5, Agility 5. Katsina now has an additional -2 for sustaining the spell.

Fire extinguisher attack
Agility 5 - Defaulting (Exotic Ranged Weapon): 0 hits

The fire extinguisher is a dry-powder fire repellent. This is an area-attack but given the lack of hits I'll say that she had it pointed in the wrong direction. Does it hit Chino? 1-5 = no, 6 = yes: 1, nope, Chino is still en fuego

There is now a -1 Light Fog within the RV due to spray of water from the sink turning into steam when it hits the fire spirits, plus the initial burst of powder from the fire extinguisher.

Next
A couple attacks on Wolf, then back to the top of the order for IP3

Edit: I think one of the 4th Edition books had stats on a fire extinguisher. I'm too busy to research at the moment. Anybody else remember this?
« Last Edit: <01-20-15/1559:56> by Tecumseh »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #983 on: <01-20-15/1605:46> »
I think Sam may be carrying the rifle Ace is looking for.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #984 on: <01-20-15/2002:34> »
the obscenities posted in the IC thread are phonetically spelled, not accurately spelled. I figured people would wanna know what it sounded like rather than what it looked like.

for those of you who want the correct version, here it is:

Ну, вы, сыны шлюх ! Отзывы крошечные пениса дронов и ваши мочу пить трус мастеров ! Приведите все боль, которую вы собака лохи могут собрать и убить меня быстро, прежде чем я принесу всю эту гору вниз на всех нас! !

In english:

Come, you sons of whores! Send your tiny dick drones and your piss drinking coward wizards and bring all the pain to me that you dog fuckers can muster and kill me quickly before I bring this mountain down on all of us!
« Last Edit: <01-20-15/2006:16> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #985 on: <01-20-15/2004:09> »
That is fantastic. Probably more than a Free Action, but fantastic.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #986 on: <01-20-15/2009:52> »
Try to tell what type of weapon on the rotodrone from the sound of it firing.: 3d6t5 2

look at me getting 2 hits on 3 dice!

I dont think thats enough, but its neet. :)
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #987 on: <01-20-15/2125:22> »
Sam is certain it was an assault rifle. He would bet an Ares Alpha or a Yamaha Raiden. Usually the Raiden is easy to identify because its electronic firing mechanism sounds completely different, but the buzz of the rotodrone masked the sound of the firing pin (or electronic mechanism) so Sam can't say for sure. He'll probably be able to tell once he looks at the wreckage, but he's not optimistic about the condition of the weapon.

The Bulldog has come to a stop. The driver is getting in on the Let's All Shoot Wolf action.

Driver: 2 hits
Wolf (-2 Constrained -1 second dodge): 6 hits, forgot wound modifier but doesn't matter
Hit someone else? 1 = yes: 6, no
Wolf ducks a taser dart and continues to nibble.

Wolf is now getting Manabolt'd at F6.
Combat Mage: 3 hits
Wolf rolls Body to resist: 1 hit, Wolf takes 2P and is now at 6P
Combat Mage soaking 3 drain: 3 hits, no drain

This brings us to IP3. Order:
1) Enemy Agent: Action Hidden! Nothing Doc needs to roll against.
2) Doc + Doc's Agent
3) Ork Samurai
4) Fire imp

That will conclude IP3, at which point we will roll Initiative again.

@Zweiblumen Action to Doc + Doc's Agent. Go ahead and roll Initiative for both when you're done.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #988 on: <01-20-15/2335:56> »
Agent goes on full matrix defense to protect the 'deck.
Doc will cut to the chase and just start smashing the persona and not bother with the marks.

Data Spike on Decker Persona Cybercombat(6) Logic(9)+VR(2)-Wounds(1) = 16: 16d6t5 5
One less hit as I forgot to move his wound modifier up to 2.  Makes 4 hits, gonna re-roll misses with edge
reroll misses(11): 11d6t5 4
Total of 8 hits, which is his limit, this should be pretty good.

Agent's Initiative 11+4d6: 4d6+11 25
Doc's Initiative 4d6+10: 4d6+10 26
« Last Edit: <01-20-15/2339:17> by Zweiblumen »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #989 on: <01-20-15/2336:08> »
Sam is certain it was an assault rifle. He would bet an Ares Alpha or a Yamaha Raiden. Usually the Raiden is easy to identify because its electronic firing mechanism sounds completely different, but the buzz of the rotodrone masked the sound of the firing pin (or electronic mechanism) so Sam can't say for sure. He'll probably be able to tell once he looks at the wreckage, but he's not optimistic about the condition of the weapon.

That will conclude IP3, at which point we will roll Initiative again.

I wasn't really planning on trying to salvage it. Was just interested for flavor, really.

Initiative: 2d6+9 18
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english