[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #960 on: <01-19-15/2119:36> »
Let's see how the mage does.

Body + Armor - AP: 5 hits

Mage eats 9P and is now at -3.

We're using the Damage Progression rules from Bullets & Bandages. If you take 5P or more from a single attack, you will continue to accumulate an additional box of Physical damage every (Body) Combat Turns until you are stabilized or until you croak. At the GM's discretion, especially grievous wounds (7P+) may result in mangled limbs, punctured lungs, or other fun that may have an impact on how the character is able to perform other than just the regular wound modifiers.

This guy is obviously in a bad way. I'll let Mal describe the punishment that Wolf deploys on the inert form of the mage and will add any additional modifiers from there.

Fire Spirit
The other materialized fire spirit (the one that's not lighting everything on fire) is using the Accident power on Ace, Chino, Katsina, Ohanzee, and Sam. This is a Magic+Willpower vs. Reaction + Intuition test, with modifiers. This was going to be a lot more interesting pre-crash, but I'm sure it will still be fun.

Accident: 2 hits

Everyone roll Reaction + Intuition +/- Modifiers. If you don't get 2 hits, the result is treated like a glitch.

Katsina: Reaction 3 + Intuition 6 - 1 wound - 1 composure: 1 hit, damnit. Now I have to think of a good accident for someone flat on her face.

Next
Sam & Chino!

8-bit

« Reply #961 on: <01-19-15/2129:35> »
IC coming about the whole crashing thing.

Fire Spirit
The other materialized fire spirit (the one that's not lighting everything on fire) is using the Accident power on Ace, Chino, Katsina, Ohanzee, and Sam. This is a Magic+Willpower vs. Reaction + Intuition test, with modifiers. This was going to be a lot more interesting pre-crash, but I'm sure it will still be fun.

Accident: 2 hits

You're joking me. We. Are. So. Dead.

Reaction 6 + Intuition 3 - Wounds 1: 8d6t5 0 [1, 1, 4, 4, 4, 1, 3, 3]

WE ARE SO DEAD.

This should be fun.

I assume I can post my next actions?

Free Action - Activate Killing Hands
Simple Action - Activate Agility Boost
Simple Action - Stand Up (Tell me if I need to make the Body + Willpower Test)

I assume my Magic is 5, since my Essence is 5; although I don't think I ever found out. If I did, I must have missed it. I'm also assuming that Wound Modifiers don't affect activated powers. Just let me know if I need to do anything different.

Attribute Boost - Agility (Power 1 + Magic 5): 6d6t5 2 [6, 6, 2, 2, 1, 2]

That's +2 Agility for dice pools for 2 more Combat Turns.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #962 on: <01-19-15/2132:05> »
Hahahahahahaha
(breathe)
Hahahahahahaha
(breath)
Haha.  Heh. Well, I'm at -5, so let's see how I do with two dice.
Resist Accident Power [Rea 3 + Int 4 - Wounds 3 - Crash 2]: 2d6t5 0
Perfectly predictable. I imagine Ohanzee will have one heck of a struggle getting out of the seatbelt. I'll write up the IC a bit later - gotta head home, have dinner and all that first.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #963 on: <01-19-15/2350:11> »
Rotodrone
The rotodrone swings around the front of the RV to shoot Sam through the windshield.
Agility (AGI instead of LOG because the rigger is jumped-in) + Gunnery + Smartlink: 1 hit
Windshield soaking: 3 hits, forgot AP but dropping last two dice wouldn't matter
@Poindexter: Sam has to dodge 1 hit. He's at +4 for Good Cover but -2 Constrained and -3 Composure and -2 for Short Burst, so -3 overall. That still leaves Sam with 6 dice to roll a hit (and not glitch).
If Sam doesn't roll any hits, the base damage is 10P + 1 net hit - 3 Windshield Soak = 8P -2AP

Avoid fire from the rotodrone: 6d6t5 0

yeah, a glitch! Cause why the fuck WOULDNT it be?!

soak bullet dmg: 24d6t5 3

God alfucking mighty! Is there a POINT to this shit anymore?!

so, that's 5 stun.

Sams fuckin turn:
Move: Toward wherever the obelisk ended up.
simple action: unbuckle seatbelt and standup
simple action: full auto six round burst at rotodrone
free action: shout obscenities

Can we do another glitch?!

Full auto at the rotodrone: 13d6t5 8

THERE we fuckin go! accuracy is 8, so we're all good. Oh, and by the way, this weapon Sams got IS an XM30, not an ares alpha like you keep saying, right?
« Last Edit: <01-19-15/2357:14> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #964 on: <01-19-15/2357:17> »
Accidents
Ohanzee's seatbelt is jammed and won't release. He will have to cut, shoot, or blast his way out if he doesn't want to burn to death.

The cupboards full of dishes (on the left open) up and rain fine china and glassware on the back of Katsina's head. She has to soak 3P without armor.
Katsina Body 5: 1 hit, Katsina takes 2P and is now at 6P with a -2 wound modifier and a -1 composure modifier.

A bottle of expensive hard liquor breaks and catches fire. Chino's on his back in the middle of it. Chino has to soak 3P -2AP (with armor) of fire damage, and his armor has to roll its armor rating against 3P -2AP to avoid catching fire. See p. 171.

Avoid fire from the rotodrone: 6d6t5 0

yeah, a glitch! Cause why the fuck WOULDNT it be?!

It's not a glitch because we agreed that the glitch threshold would be 51% instead of 50%.

soak bullet dmg: 24d6t5 3

God alfucking mighty! Is there a POINT to this shit anymore?!

so, that's 5 stun.

This is what Edge is for. Mal saved you a point for situations like this. And don't forget to roll your Accident resistance. And, it's Sam's turn.
« Last Edit: <01-19-15/2359:07> by Tecumseh »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #965 on: <01-20-15/0007:25> »
resist accident: 6d6t5 1

There aint enough edge in the world for all these shitty rolls.

so, up in the modded post above, sams actions and rolls are listed, but they dont take the accident into account.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #966 on: <01-20-15/0010:19> »
Oops, you fell into a trap. The enemy decker is on Full Matrix Defense, hoping that Doc would get overly aggressive.

Par for the course :)  I'm not so good at this!

Don't feel bad. So far, nearly every action I've taken in every PbP Ive ever played has been falling into some NPC's trap.

Thanks :) I'm not feeling badly, just amused that I did *exactly* what the NPC assumed I was going to do.  Nailed it in one!
FWIW, this is LOTS of fun.  If the PC's only ever succeeded it would be boring!
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #967 on: <01-20-15/0014:41> »
I just really wanna find out what the hell is going on here, and every time I go to orokos, that seems a bit less likely.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #968 on: <01-20-15/0017:28> »
You lit that rotodrone up pretty well.  He's probably gonna have a hard time dodging 8 hits on full auto.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #969 on: <01-20-15/0020:46> »
You lit that rotodrone up pretty well.  He's probably gonna have a hard time dodging 8 hits on full auto.

Yeah, now all we have to do is fight off 2 carloads full of heavily armed and magically awakened corp assassins, deckers, riggers, and their small army of spirits while leaving the bulldog intact, load our two ton cargo up into it and disappear into the mountains before their air support can get here.

OR sam can strap that bomb onto the obelisk like he should have last night without saying a word to anyone...
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #970 on: <01-20-15/0039:15> »
This is so beautiful.

In an "all our characters are going to die" way, but it is still beautiful. I don't think you could possibly have planned crazier circumstances with these die rolls. It's like the dice gods have forsaken us and want to see what happens.

I love it.

Yeah, now all we have to do is fight off 2 carloads full of heavily armed and magically awakened corp assassins, deckers, riggers, and their small army of spirits while leaving the bulldog intact, load our two ton cargo up into it and disappear into the mountains before their air support can get here.

OR sam can strap that bomb onto the obelisk like he should have last night without saying a word to anyone...

Yeah. He could. Chino would be really pissed for about 0.3 seconds if he got blown up without consent, but yes, it's possible.

Accidents
A bottle of expensive hard liquor breaks and catches fire. Chino's on his back in the middle of it. Chino has to soak 3P -2AP (with armor) of fire damage, and his armor has to roll its armor rating against 3P -2AP to avoid catching fire. See p. 171.

I can add the Bone Density Augmentation dice, correct?

Resist 2P Damage from Random Accidental Molotov Cocktail (Body 5 + Bone Density Augmentation 4 + Armor 9 - AP 2): 16d6t5 8 [3, 3, 3, 6, 5, 5, 6, 4, 1, 5, 5, 2, 5, 1, 4, 5]

Alpha Frakkin' Chino is going to save the day at this rate.

Urban Explorer Jumpsuit Resisting Catching Fire (Armor 9 - AP 2 [Threshold 3]: 7d6t5 2 [4, 5, 3, 6, 1, 3, 3]

Correction: He's going to save the day in a flaming jumpsuit.

ETA: Also, what the hell. I roll 8 hits on 16 dice, but Uncle Sam managed only 3 hits on 24 freaking dice!? Dice are all over the place.
« Last Edit: <01-20-15/0043:13> by 8-bit »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #971 on: <01-20-15/0046:28> »
Oh yeah, if we're going down, we're taking a chunk of the mountainside with us.

This is some VIKING shit here.

The only way I disagree with you is in technicality. The dice gods have not forsaken us, as that implies abandonment and indifference. I say the dice gods have actively turned against us. They work to undermine us at every turn.

Fuck.
Them.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #972 on: <01-20-15/0048:52> »
Also, i just NOW noticed that due to all the dmg compensators, Sam effectively takes NO WOUND PENALTIES until he is DOWN. So who gives a shit about some stun dmg? I aint wasint edge on that. :)
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #973 on: <01-20-15/0049:16> »
@8-bit
In fairness, the jumpsuit was probably going to catch fire as soon as you punched a fire spirit.

The jumpsuit is now on fire with a 1P -2AP flame. At the beginning of the next combat turn Chino will have to soak 2P -2AP. The flame will continue to grow +1P each combat turn until extinguished. I'm inclined to say that bone density augmentations do not count in this instance, but you obviously rolled well enough that they weren't necessary.

@Poindexter
I do keep calling it an Ares Alpha, don't I? Yes, it is an XM30.

Sam's accident: Sam slips while trying to get back up. He is still prone and subject to the Attacker Prone -1 penalty. Rolling 1: 1 hit, of course it is. That leaves Sam with 7 hits.

Be careful to rebuke the dice gods too early. Enjoy the following:

Rigger dodge: 2 hits minus 1 hit because I forgot to subtract the full-auto modifier, so net 1 hit
Sam's base damage is 9P -6AP, which is staged up to 15P -6AP by net hits. This is probably going to end poorly.
Drone soak: 2 hits minus 1 hit because I forgot about the APDS. (Please, whenever you attack, remind me what your base DV + AP is.)

Final damage to the drone is 14P. It disappears in a puff of full-auto magic. The lucky jumped-in rigger now gets to soak 7P of biofeedback damage + 6P for dumpshock.
Willpower + Firewall: 3 hits
Somewhere, the rigger just had a massive stroke. The rigger now has 10P and is KO'd.

Bulldog
The man sitting behind the mage is firing at Wolf with a Take Aim action. 6 hits, limit 8
Wolf is on Full Defense with a -1 wound modifier: 7 hits, let's hear it for Full Defense
Does shot hit another passenger? 1 = yes, 2-6 = no: 3, no friendly fire

Coming up next
Spirits attack Katsina and Ohanzee astrally
The projecting magician responds to Wolf's brutalities
Ace's turn
While waiting for rednblack I'll start on an IC post

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #974 on: <01-20-15/0105:23> »
I hate to bring it up, but wolf has like a minus 4 to his dodge from all the other attacks this turn. That'll probably lose him at least a hit.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral