NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1455 on: <02-14-15/0331:31> »
I've already been playing it like he doesn't know about it for so long, can I just auto-fail this roll? I think it'd make for a better scene down the road when someone tells him about it. Maybe he noticed the mask, but assumed it was just part of the whole "battling fire spirits in close proximity" thing, eh?

Oh, sure, Sam can be as oblivious as you like. "Battling fire spirits in close proximity" is an excellent explanation for why Katsina was glowing.

Matrix Perception (Comp 5 + Int 4 + Quali 1 + Spec 2 + DJ 1 - Range Noise 1 = 12): 12d6t5 3 (limit 7)

Looking for all cars that will work as transport for us inside of 1k (thus the noise).

I presume 1k is 1km. As a reminder, there is no Noise within 1km due to the quality of Pueblo's local grid:

1. Both of the houses are on the Local Grid. The local grid is called AspeNet and is provided by the PCC itself (since the PCC is a corporation in its own right). The Local Grid is superb, as "Pueblo is well known for its cutting edge Matrix systems, computer engineering, and even its spectacular public AR systems" (per Sixth World Almanac, p. 182). Once inside, you realize there is no Noise for targets within 1 km.

I'll ICly post what Doc finds.

One hit is all I need.

OR IS IT. Secret rolling: ??

At least in my narrative, though the flow of time isn't terribly strict for non-combat sequences.

This is true.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1456 on: <02-14-15/0906:28> »
Ace seeing if he thinks Katsina is telling the truth.

Opposed Con V Katsina: 8d6t5 1
Very nearly a glitch.

And to check for overall intentions.
Judge Intentions: 8d6t5 3
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1457 on: <02-14-15/1152:05> »
Seeing what Doc knows about this:
Infected knowledge Diseases 2 + hemotology spec 2 + log 9 = 13: 13d6t5 3 (limit 10)
medical knowledge about infected (med 5 + log 9 = 14): 14d6t5 5 (limit 10)
Judge Intentions Katsina 8 (assuming I can use qualia for this?): 8d6t5 1 (yeah, not likely to get much there)
Judge Intentions Ohanzee 8 (assuming I can use qualia for this?): 8d6t5 1 (or there)

Specifically I want to know how much Doc knows about transmission and effects.

I'll get this up IC'ly after results.  He'll also go with a "trust-but-verfiy" stance on the infceted vs. carrier statement.  He's gonna ask to do an examination on her.
« Last Edit: <02-14-15/1154:04> by Zweiblumen »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1458 on: <02-14-15/2013:42> »
For all of Katsina's talents, lying isn't one of them.
Con? (defaulting): 0 hits

Given the fact that she's wearing a mask, and the road noise + wind rob a lot of the nuance of her voice, it is very difficult to tell if she's lying or not. That said, based on what you can tell, everything she said is true (or she believes everything she said is true), although she wasn't exactly being straightforward about knowing what the blood was actually for.

Her overall intentions seem to be to stay warm under her blanket, to make sure nobody dies on her watch (especially Ace), and to ensure that the obelisk doesn't get destroyed. For her, the best outcome would be for the obelisk to make it into the hands of someone who could study it safely.

@Zweiblumen
Doc knows a reasonable amount about HMHVV, or Human Metahuman Vampiric Virus. There are three different strains:
1) Strain I the first creates vampires and nosferatu, who are known to be fast and need metahuman blood. Once Infected, this strain is almost impossible to resist. (The only way to resist is by dying.)
2) Strain II creates an odd assortment who aren't known to be particularly fast and who need metahumans bones and flesh (not blood)
3) Strain III creates ghouls.

The term "infertile Infected" applies to victims in whom the virus has mutated and is no longer transmissible. This person is not contagious: other people cannot become Infected by coming in contact with this person's bodily fluids.

Qualia does not apply to Judge Intentions. Removing hits:
on Katsina: 1 hit, now 0 net hits
on Ohanzee: 1 hit, now 0 net hits

Maybe all those nanites are devouring his social-processing capabilities.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1459 on: <02-16-15/1151:09> »
What would I roll to see what -- if any -- general knowledge Ace has about the Infected, or HMHVV in general?  Would that default to Logic, since he doesn't have any specific Knowledge Skills there?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1460 on: <02-16-15/1251:03> »
Correct, default to Logic.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1461 on: <02-16-15/1320:52> »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1462 on: <02-16-15/1326:56> »
Feel free to ask Doc.  He'll answer any questions folks have.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1463 on: <02-16-15/1546:27> »
Does Katsina know about the differences between HMHVV strains? 1 hit. Barely.

OOCly, Ryo created Katsina pre-Run Faster, using some 4e rules from Runner's Companion in conjunction with the critter description on p. 406 of SR5. Much of the way I've been handling her is based on earlier conversations I had with Ryo. Run Faster makes it clear that going outside fully clothed during the daytime would not work well for the Infected, even on dark and cloudy days, but since that was not our understanding when she was developed I have grandfathered her in to keep her playable and to avoid some major retconning.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1464 on: <02-17-15/0007:18> »
Does Katsina know about the differences between HMHVV strains? 1 hit. Barely.

OOCly, Ryo created Katsina pre-Run Faster, using some 4e rules from Runner's Companion in conjunction with the critter description on p. 406 of SR5. Much of the way I've been handling her is based on earlier conversations I had with Ryo. Run Faster makes it clear that going outside fully clothed during the daytime would not work well for the Infected, even on dark and cloudy days, but since that was not our understanding when she was developed I have grandfathered her in to keep her playable and to avoid some major retconning.

According to Run Faster, a fully clothed and concealed Vampire would have their Allergy reduced in severity. I personally interpret this to work the same way as high pollution density, reducing the Allergy level by 1. (From Severe to Moderate). It also mentions UV-treated clothes, but offers no rules on how that works or what it costs. I would imagine UV treated clothing works the same way as the above, reducing the severity of the Allergy by 1 level per rating.

So I think it's safe to say that Katsina is wearing rating 4 UV Protection, to completely negate her sunlight allergy so long as she is covered.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1465 on: <02-17-15/0219:34> »
Long ass post hopefully putting most of our speculation here into IC.

I don't recall if Katsina shared her contacts and messages with Blue Team, but I'm pretty sure she didn't. If she has, then I'll edit the post and basically eliminate the last two paragraphs.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #1466 on: <02-17-15/1210:34> »
I suppose I should default on the Logic roll for the Kowledge test.

Info on Infected (Logic 4 - Defaulting 1): 3d6t5 3 [6, 5, 5]

That went well. Going to assume I know what Doc knows.

Sorry that I've been so behind, I'm catching up now. Chino is going to be mostly silent and mulling things over. He has his own secrets that he is still not sure about giving up, and there have been plenty of things to think about recently. I'll get an IC up.

I'll get the whole character sheet update soon.
« Last Edit: <02-17-15/1245:36> by 8-bit »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1467 on: <02-17-15/1450:37> »
You're almost to Carbondale. You've been driving for 35 minutes. It's about 4:25pm. It's cold.

Doc has a few hits on possible replacement vehicles. Presumably they have their windows.

Everyone needs to soak 2S of cold damage 3 times. Body+Willpower+Insulation. If you're wrapped in blankets, add +2. Chino and Sam can add +2 for sitting in front of the heaters. No blankets for Chino or Doc, since they have been driving and firstaiding/hardwareing, respectively. Chino's armor is still effective insulation, but it's pretty scorched and crispy and will stand out in public.

Katsina: 6 hits, 5 hits, 9 hits, oh god why did I waste 9 hits on this

8-bit

« Reply #1468 on: <02-17-15/1500:46> »
Character sheet updated.

9 hits on Insulations tests. How unfortunate.

Here are my rolls.

Resisting 2S Cold Damage (Body 5 + Willpower 5 + Insulation 6 + Heaters 2): 18d6t5 7 [3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 6, 1, 1, 2, 5, 4, 6, 5, 6, 4, 6, 3, 6]

Resisting 2S Cold Damage (Body 5 + Willpower 5 + Insulation 6 + Heaters 2): 18d6t5 6 [5, 6, 2, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 5, 5, 3, 6, 1, 2, 3, 5, 2, 1]

Resisting 2S Cold Damage (Body 5 + Willpower 5 + Insulation 6 + Heaters 2): 18d6t5 8 [2, 3, 4, 3, 6, 2, 1, 5, 6, 2, 5, 5, 6, 5, 4, 3, 6, 2]

Orokos seems to love me this past couple of days. Although, really, it's not that far above average.

I'll get an IC post up in a few hours. Running out the door at the moment.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1469 on: <02-17-15/1605:10> »
Cold Resist [Bod 3 + Wil 6 + Insulation 6 + Blanket 2]: 3#17d6t5 5 [5, 5, 1, 3, 4, 2, 4, 5, 1, 6, 4, 1, 5, 4, 1, 4, 1] 7 [1, 6, 2, 6, 6, 3, 4, 1, 1, 4, 2, 5, 5, 5, 5, 3, 3] 7 [6, 2, 5, 5, 3, 2, 1, 3, 6, 4, 6, 3, 3, 6, 4, 1, 5]

Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Register