NEWS

[IC] Road to Redmond -- Finished

• 751 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-10-10/0058:06> »
09/09/10
Germaine:
@Woofer: "I have no idea what games that boy wastes his time with or who out there in cyberspace he was playing with.  I trust Visteon ensures that our youth are preoccupying themselves with wholesome entertainment.....but I can't see how that is relevant here!  If I were to make a request with the security department, which by the way is run directly out of Ares headquarters in Detroit, then I would be able to obtain records of his online activities and passwords....I would even be able to initiate an astral tracking ritual with the monthly blood sample VIP's in this company must submit to in order to prevent forced extractions.....But once they re-obtained my son,  they would follow a debriefing protocol which always includes truth scans, both magical and using ASSIST.  They would quickly find that Jeshua left out of behavioral problems...or who knows , they my find that he is involved in far worse activities than simply running away.  I have already gone out on quite a limb by personally vouching for my son,  and concocting the bogus story that he and his friend had erroneously signed out as going shopping and instead were intended to be picked up by my sister.  They only believe me because I am the regional director and he is my son, but this farce will not hold up much longer and I definitely do not have any pull with our parent corporation's security division. "

@Cynthia: "With regards to his RFID tags, his is implanted under his jaw next to a lymph node"
"With regards to his friend Isamu....Jeshua and his human friend used to be quite sociable boys and participated in all the important extracurriculars....I now remember that indeed, his mother did start complaining to me about six months ago that his behavior was changing...as was Isamus's.  They would only do the bare minimum to keep their good standing and began spending most of their time indoors....and when they did go out they wouldn't even frequent the usual hang-outs for Visteon youth.  I must admit as long as he was keeping his scores up, I didn't notice the change in his behavior.  His friend Isamu is the son of mid-level manager named Miroslav Argentis who also thinks his son is on an extended vacation trip with my family....the only reason Isamu's parants are still not concerned is because I arranged for both of them to be placed on an important trip with a negotiating team which has been in New York for 10 days, and I've been trying to keep them as busy as I can....but there are only so many progress reports I can ask them to compile.

" Isamu and my son have been the best of friends since early childhood....at first I tried to steer him away from developing a close friendship with a human....for in the end, time treats us differently and it's best if us elves learn to share personal and close relationships with those of our own kind.  Let us see.... what else.....Oh..<<chuckles>> I do remember Isamu was always a very inquisitive boy...too curious for his own good if you ask me.  I remember on one of the few rare occasions that I ever had time to eat a meal with my family...his mother allowed him over for dinner and at one point the boy looked up at me from eating his plate of asparagus and asked me what it was like to live for an eternity.....what a curious question from a boy....I just chuckled...but he insisted on knowing.  So I simply explained to him that the vast majority of all elves don't have any idea what it is like because even the oldest children of the sixth era are no older than sixty years old, even if we still look only 30....and scientists have no real idea how old we can get....but what they do know is that once Isamus is old and grey, Jeshua will still be strong young man....and that just set the poor boy off...I was merely teasing, but he ran straight home crying.  Human's can be quite overly-sensitive...I guess they have to pack a lifetime's worth of feelings into such a short little span....how sad..."
 <<He looks at Woofer with an aloof but cold little smirk>>

@Mercedes: "Interests besides VR games?  The usual...he followed Urban Brawl....he liked very much to read.  He had quite an imagination...that was one of the characteristics that united him with his friend.....that's all I can think of."

"With luck Visteon freely gives parents the physical coordinates of their children's RFID tags...so I do have the records of his physical whereabouts."

Germaine sends a file to all of your commlinks with the RFID records.  The records show the whereabouts of Jeshua for the past year up until they go offline at an address: "1324 184th SE st. Apt. 7".
« Last Edit: <03-07-11/1022:57> by inca1980 »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <09-10-10/0104:19> »
Germaine @ Kontact: "My son has several commlinks...he definitely did take one with him...he needed it at least to pay for the taxi he rode to the apartment, and it also was logged by his RFID tag.  His other ones must by lying around his horrendously messy room somewhere."
« Last Edit: <09-11-10/2037:31> by inca1980 »

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #17 on: <09-10-10/0539:08> »
"If you could have one of your housebots gather the links, they could be useful.  We've got a good bit to work with already, so it may not be necessary, but his com should be able to tell me more than years of surveillance."

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <09-10-10/0831:42> »
Woofer ignores the jibe, "So the DNA tracking hasn't been done, can we have some DNA then?  The reason I ask is they might have met someone, or something, online that in the last 6 months has been possilbly brainwashing him, or recruiting him away from the fine folks at Visteon." *said with dripping sarcasm*

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #19 on: <09-10-10/0959:32> »
You see Mercedes roll her eyes at B.B.'s choice of words while questioning Germaine. After Marcus' sarcastic comment, she nudges him with her elbow and smiles sweetly at Germaine, "We want to find your son and also discover why he went missing. From what you're telling us, he might have been coerced in some way by an outside party. Samples of his DNA and his commlinks would help us to determine if he simply ran away or if he may have been kidnapped."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-10-10/1255:05> »
"How many times must I tell you!!!  Do you want me to throw away my career!??  If I just had some DNA of my son lying around would I have come to YOU for help!"
Germaine falls silent for one moment to recompose himself while nervously looking down at his lap....
"...excuse me...I am simply very agitated and at my wits end.....Here's what I can do"

"I didn't want to have to run this risk...but I see now that it is perhaps the best and only way I could safely help you with your investigation.  Since you've obviously passed the dress code of L'armoire, then you will most certainly be able to enter the enclave without arousing too much suspicion.   I can have my secretary schedule me for a last minute 1:30 PM appointment at my apartment with a group of "outside consultants"....that's in 15 minutes.  I do have the custom to hold such meetings at my home in such a fashion when I'm in the mood to enjoy some drinks with my collegues.  It would not arouse suspicion as long as we were discrete; but it would give you the opportunity, if you so choose, to answer some of these questions for yourself....because the truth is, all that's left of my son is whatever is up in that room of his.  That's the best I can do!"
« Last Edit: <09-10-10/1315:27> by inca1980 »

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <09-10-10/1508:18> »
Woofer sighs, "Relax Germaine, my last job was being discreet for Ares subsidiary's.  I think postponing the rest of this and reconvening at you apartment is a good idea."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <09-10-10/1811:43> »
Germaine: "Very well then I will tell my driver to meet us outside the restaurant.  The only way in is if we go in my vehicle."
His eyes go out of focus and scan an ARO invisible....to you.
"That is strange....one of your team-members is not broadcasting any SIN at all....<<he turns to Cynthia>> ...there's too much of a risk of me being seen with her on the street....let alone trying to pass through the ID scan every PAN in the vehicle will have to make on our way into the compound.  If KE scans us and it is seen that I am associating with a SINless individual, I will surely be investigated.  She will compromise everything!!"
« Last Edit: <09-10-10/1855:38> by inca1980 »

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <09-10-10/1946:07> »
If you are worried about it I can stay behind and catch up with the rest of you after they look at your son's room. I think that seeing the room is our best shot at finding out what happened and where your son went. Also I can be unseen when I want to, but if you prefer I can stay behind. I would just like a moment to talk with my associates about what I would like them to look for in the room.

If he let's us step aside I'll ask them to get a favorite shirt, and look for anything that might be used to magically track him.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #24 on: <09-10-10/2123:16> »
[OOC:] Hows about a Judge Intentions test?  Cha 2 + Int 5 + 3 Limbic Nanites = 10 dice?  If I'm going to start speculating, I'd prefer to do it in character, based on a little dice clatter.  ;)  I got to fight the urge to use metaknowledge.  Anyway.  Setting up a little speculation.

<<@Team "When is the last time you heard of a 16-year-old boy breaking down into tears like that over the idea of not being able to spend "eternity" with another boy?  Seriously, I'm curious.  I spent puberty in a foxhole.. and not the changeling strip club, The Foxhole.. It... the war.. anyway.  Sounds like more emotions than I'm used to.  Shall we weigh the boy's loafers and check behind his vampire posters?>>

"What?  We're not eating?  I guess I better cancel my order with the kitchen... No way the Cordon Bleu will be ready in time for us to leave... unless... D'you think they'll let me take a doggy bag?"
« Last Edit: <09-10-10/2156:45> by Kontact »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #25 on: <09-10-10/2223:42> »
[OOC: Judge intentions: Cha 8 + Int 4 = 12 dice.]

Mercedes puts her hand on B.B.'s shoulder, "I don't believe they do 'doggy bags' here."

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <09-11-10/2009:21> »
@B.B. I agree something else is up, but not sure what yet.

(OOC I'll judge intentions also 9 dice)

If my lack of proper paperwork bothers you then you'll never SEE me again I promise you. However, things are easier if you just trust us to do our job discreetly like you are paying us to do

Walks Through Walls

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <09-11-10/2013:17> »
[OOC: B.B.'s Judge Intentions roll (limbic nanite amplifiers improve intuition based SKILLS...it's hard for me to see how a colony of nano robots could know how to improve a "gut feeling" which is what the attribute roll "judge intentions" is) Cha 2+ Int 5 = 7 dice 7d6.hits(5)=4]

@B.B.: Even though this Elf is coming across like a total douche-bag, you still feel that the guy's desperation is real.   You know what someone looks like when they're backed into a corner, especially when they're someone who's not used to being in the corner.

[OOC: Mercede's Judge Intentions roll (how did you get Cha of 8?  You do apply Kinesics to you're judge intentions roll, but that doesn't mean it has made your Cha attribute 8...i.e. you couldn't spend 45 Karma to take Cha to 9)  Cha 5? +Kinesics 3 + Int 4 = 12 dice  12d6.hits(5)=2]

@Mercedes:  Usually you know how to read corp types like a book, especially one's like Germaine who you can tell lives his  whole life knowing only the golden cage of corporate citizenship....but this guy's actually pretty hard to get a feeling for.  Maybe it's cuz Visteon's corporate culture in particular seems to do a really good mind-fuck.

Germaine glares down at B.B. very un-amused.  "I'm sure you will have plenty of time to stuff your little belly once you've found my son!"  He looks at Cynthia, "Very well, perhaps your time would be best spent following some other lead on Jeshua while I take the group into the enclave."  Leaning towards Woofer on his way to the door you can very clearly hear him utter "Is this what you call a team of 'professionals?'  Someone who walks the streets of Seattle without even a valid form of ID?  Only criminals or slum queens would ever try something so stupid.  Now let's be on our way"
« Last Edit: <03-07-11/1027:28> by inca1980 »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <09-11-10/2023:27> »
[OOC: Cynthia's judge intentions roll 9 dice 9d6.hits(5)=4]

@Cynthia:  You could snap this elf's neck in a heartbeat.....but when you think back, every time you've ever been screwed-over in the passed, it's always been by the one's who seem to try extra hard to not let their douche-iness out.  In a weird way the more of an arrogant prick he comes across as, the more you feel at ease.

Germaine: "Excuse me, I must receive an important business call, I will be waiting in the Mitsubishi Nightsky right out on the curb."  He hurries out to take the call.
« Last Edit: <03-07-11/1028:27> by inca1980 »

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <09-11-10/2049:16> »
I immediately summon a watcher to follow and listen in. (conjuring 1 magic 2= 3 dice)

slum queen. Is this guy so out of touch he doesn't understand that 1/3 of the population in our fair city doesn't have a SIN. It's not like you have to constantly broadcast one like you do in NYC

@woofer can I borrow your car keys so I can get some of my gear out of the trunk, or would you like me to drive it and meet you guys somewhere?

Walks Through Walls