NEWS

[IC] A Kriminal Affair

• 126 Replies

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <11-13-14/0151:50> »
Mercy

"Yes, I do, but of course no details. It's going to be a sabotage job. Going in, destroying data, mayhaps placing a bomb, blowing everything up, going out again. Maybe in a more pleasant order. They take you somewhere to Europe. Ah, and here come's the interesting thing: I'm not allowed to be specific here, as long as you don't say definitely yes, but Mr. Johnson is not a corp. It's a group with, let's say, political interests.
They were not specific on the creds yet, but it definitely has 5 digits.
Any more questions, honey?"

"I'm intrigued. I'll meet with them for sure. They give any reason why they aren't hiring locals?"
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <11-13-14/0828:45> »
Arachnos

You hear honking. Apparently, the morning street jam has just begun.

Mercy

"Honestly, I didn't ask. If it's important to me, I can call them, though. Shall I?"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <11-13-14/0923:27> »
Hermes reaches for his comm and slides his trodes on.
"Hermes here, talk to me."

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <11-13-14/0950:39> »
Mercy

"Honestly, I didn't ask. If it's important to me, I can call them, though. Shall I?"

"Just curious. I might as well as them in person. I'm definitely interested enough to meet. I assume they want to meet?"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-13-14/1125:34> »
Hermes

As you turn on your comm, your vision is filled by a well-known SIM floating through cyberspace: you see the well-robed, elegant figure of a hero not yet known to the trids. He's wearing a long black coat over a red shirt, a white mask, white gloves and a black cylinder. Yet he doesn't just look like a dandy (he does look like a dandy, Dandy Don to be exact) but he's more than this. He's a hero, he's the V of the 2070s, he's batman with a sense for style or Robin Hood in black. He's elegant, plainly put.

"There you are", he says with a cheerful note in his voice. "I didn't wake you up, Hermes, did I?"

Mercy
"They do. Come to Seventh Heaven, 2[super]nd[/super] floor and ask for Mr. Johnson. The date will be on coming Wednesday, 9pm. Make sure you're as pretty as you can be, honey. And don't embarass me, yeah? You're my visit card, kind of. I have to leave now. Huh, already 6.19! See you."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <11-13-14/1302:13> »
Hermes composes himself and shakes off the cold sweat.

" Well met, Dandy . What,  me sleep? You know there is no rest for the wicked in Seattle. "

" Did our latest " acquisition" find you successfully?"

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <11-13-14/1434:26> »

Mercy
"They do. Come to Seventh Heaven, 2[super]nd[/super] floor and ask for Mr. Johnson. The date will be on coming Wednesday, 9pm. Make sure you're as pretty as you can be, honey. And don't embarass me, yeah? You're my visit card, kind of. I have to leave now. Huh, already 6.19! See you."

"Sleep easy, I'll behave. Later."

Mercy opens up her gear bag and starts cleaning her guns. The repetitive task gives her some time to think over what she knows about the job offer. Something's off. It has to be cheaper to hire a local crew. So it's either something they won't touch, or it's a way to make it easier to dispose of us afterwards. Got to think about travel arrangements, figure out how Mr. Johnson wants to slot me, and make a backup plan.

She spends the rest of the night looking up commercial and private flight security regulations, along with recent political news in Europe. She'll check out the meeting place tomorrow.
« Last Edit: <11-13-14/1921:38> by Landmine »

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <11-13-14/1442:08> »
Beetle

"That's my lad" St. Nick displays a broad grin. "No, to be honest, I don't have no idea where's it a-goin'. But you better bring a bottle of good French Chardonnay along on your way back home or you can look for another retired rigger putting nuyen in your well-trained arse." Nick keeps up his grin to mark that as a joke, before he comes back to business.

"So, if you're in, you go to Seventh heaven, 2nd floor and ask for Mr. Johnson. Time is Wednesday, 9pm. Uh, and in case you too love Latin, there's a hint for you about who's Johnney-Johnson: Terra prima primula signum exclamationis."

Nick blinks conspirationally. "There's not much more I can tell you, chummer. Don't forget about the wine, will you?"

Terra Prima..., he puzzles for a second.  "Oh!  I gotcha, St. Nick.  And I don't know much about wine dude, but I'll find you a bottle or two.  Thanks for the biz, but I got to run.  Literally.", and he laughs as he disconnects with St. Nick.

He makes a turn to start heading back to his apartment and closes all the windows in AR.  He then opens his calendar and makes a note for Wednesday night: Mr. Johnson, 9PM @ 7th Heaven.  With that done he opens up a Matrix search and inputs 'Terra First! European operations' and runs as he waits.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <11-14-14/0655:33> »
Hermes

Dandy smiles. "The vile and wicked are ever restless. The evil may never sleep lest the shadows get unveiled.
Whew, okay, that was poetry enough. Yeah, it did, and bought me some nice sota gear. I trust you spent your reward wisely, my friend?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <11-14-14/0824:55> »
Beetle spends all the time on his run home combing through his search results.  Looks pretty messed up.  Chaotic.  I guess I'll have to wait and see where I'm going before I know what kind of chaos it's gonna be.

He finishes these thoughts and his search as he rounds the corner to his apartment.  He signals his commlink to open the door and walks up the stairs slowly, tired from his run. 

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <11-14-14/1314:02> »
Hermes

Dandy smiles. "The vile and wicked are ever restless. The evil may never sleep lest the shadows get unveiled.
Whew, okay, that was poetry enough. Yeah, it did, and bought me some nice sota gear. I trust you spent your reward wisely, my friend?"

" Stocked back up, tried to grease a few wheels"
Hermes smile lestins slightly
" no good leads came of it though"
As if realizing his facade wasn't in tact, Hermes smile returns to it's practiced glory.
" Whats the word, on your end Dandy, any juicy data cross your deck?"

8-bit

« Reply #26 on: <11-14-14/1401:28> »
Arachnos briefly checked the location of Seventh Heaven on his commlink. The page loaded much more slowly than it was supposed to, but he was used to that. Technology never worked correctly in his hands. After confirming the location, he realized it was not in walking distance. He would have to take public transportation.

You hear honking. Apparently, the morning street jam has just begun.

Damn, and I had hoped to go in person. Transportation is going to take forever. I think it's time for a quick astral trip.

Arachnos concentrated for a moment, and called out "Come to me, I seek a spirit to aid me!" Briefly, a spirit flickers into view, but then dissolves from Arachnos' vision as it returns to it's metaplane. I didn't even call for a particularly strong spirit!

He takes a moment to center himself, perhaps his tiredness had gotten the better of him. After a minute, Arachnos opened his eyes to the Astral world, and concentrating on the form of a fledgling Fire Spirit, once more called out, "Come to me! I require your aid!" This time, a Fire spirit emerged in his view, it's form only slightly larger than a small fire place. "I will grant you one service, summoner." It definitely sounded reluctant. I am off my game today if this is what I come up with.

He wills himself to rise, and his Astral form leaps from his body. He commands, "Watch over my body while I am gone. Inform me if anyone disrupts it." The spirit nodded briefly and then took a position in the Astral plane where it could overlook Arachnos' body. Content that his physical form would be secure, Arachnos willed himself towards Seventh Heaven, Astral space flying by him in a blur.
« Last Edit: <11-14-14/1409:16> by 8-bit »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-15-14/0106:39> »
Hermes

"Indeed, Chummer, that's why I'm calling ya. Somebody's building up a group that's supposed to go to Europe, and since you're Prince Charming, I guess, you might help flatten out any incoming disagreements or whatever. And I guess, an additional gun doesn't seem like something useless either.
Are you fine with going to Europe? Sounds cashy-cashy. Uh, and by the way: You still don't do lingua softs, do you?

Arachnos

It takes you almost two god-damn hours, until you find the club from the astral plane. It takes you only almost two minutes to figure out, that whoever's in charge of the magical security here, is better in summoning fire elementals. As you approach, you see a spirit the shape of an Islamic djinni, engulfed in and consisting of flames, who shoots you a warning gaze as you approach, but doesn't react to you in any other way.

But also from the distance you can see the pulsating energy from Seventh heaven like a huge bonfire in the middle of a plane in the dawn. Ecstasy, excitement, action and fun spurt like flames out of the building, but you can also sense misery, despair and wrath. Drowned out by the other emotions as they may be, they're still there, distorting the pulse of life Seventh Heaven emits.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <11-15-14/1328:09> »
Hermes

"Indeed, Chummer, that's why I'm calling ya. Somebody's building up a group that's supposed to go to Europe, and since you're Prince Charming, I guess, you might help flatten out any incoming disagreements or whatever. And I guess, an additional gun doesn't seem like something useless either.
Are you fine with going to Europe? Sounds cashy-cashy. Uh, and by the way: You still don't do lingua softs, do you?

"You know i don't trust any tech in my body, not since then."

"Europe huh? Its been awhile since i have gotten to use any languages outside of the UCAS, where are we talking?

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <11-15-14/1512:23> »
Beetle enters his small apartment and does a quick look around to make sure his sister hadn't come over since he left for his run.  He didn't mind if she was there, but she usually brought along her current loser boyfriend.  That he would not have been cool with.  But the apartment was empty.

Stripping off his clothes, Beetle jumps into the shower and tries to maximize the 3 minutes of hot water he usually gets.  Once he's clean and changed, he sits in his chair and leans back.  He closes his eyes and enters the Matrix.

His name Beetle was a childhood nickname that played off his last name.  Roach=Beetle.  He didn't like it at first, but after awhile he embraced it.  Here in the Matrix he was Beetle.  He looked down at his avatar and smiled virtually.  He wasn't a bug.  That would be nasty.  Instead he looked like a superhero from 20th century comic books.  Blue and black carapace armor and large yellow eyes that shone with golden light.  Beetle was ready to go.

So I know its Terra First!  But their European operations are dependent on the region.  So I need to find out who it is specifically.  I'll start there and see where that leads.