NEWS

PbP Group 2 (Raven Runner & Volker)

• 96 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <11-10-14/0806:01> »
Hoi!

Sorry, yeah, with 5 players and 2 GMs we're pretty full. Sorry, chum. But I saw that in the Group 1 thread someone asked the same question. Maybe you could team up and start something new. There' s plenty of players out there.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SnowDragon

• Chummer
  • "I gag him and throw him down the stairs!"
« Reply #31 on: <11-10-14/0809:29> »
Righto~ Thank you!

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <11-10-14/0844:51> »
@Landmine:

I'll have a look at them, but I don't see any reason why not for now.

@Poindexter:
bunch of solow ^^
But if you like to know a certain character because you know the player or something, we won't be in your way. Just let us know.

The build sounds great. Could you please add the information, which contact is what? I'm looking forward to the background!

We agreed to take up Ragallachs idea: everyone has 20 free Karma to spend on interests/hobbies to provide your characters with more depth.

Huh. Apparently Herolab didn't import the text I had entered for her contacts and Fake SINs. I'll get that up when I'm back at my computer. I'll work on her free interest karma then too. I should be able to PM her background to you guys in the next day or so, it's almost done.
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <11-10-14/0926:06> »
Thumbs up!
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <11-10-14/1121:52> »
Instead of reposting the wall of text that is my sheet, I edited the original post. The notes section at the end points out any irregularities and bolded items point them out in the text. I updated contacts, fake SINs, and added interest skills for the 20 free karma.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <11-10-14/1128:48> »
Nice! What exactly are BDRs?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <11-10-14/1203:10> »
Nice! What exactly are BDRs?

BDU's are short for Battle Dress Uniform. It refers to the clothes soldiers wear into battle under their gear. There is now a huge variety of BDU-style clothing. Ever seen training gear or clothing that people wear to shooting competitions? That's a good example of modern BDU-style clothing. Here's an image link that shows a few different types in different colors. They are characterized by lots of pockets, straps, etc and have a distinctly military look to them.

8-bit

« Reply #37 on: <11-10-14/1236:20> »
We agreed to take up Ragallachs idea: everyone has 20 free Karma to spend on interests/hobbies to provide your characters with more depth.

Also, magic is going to be a little bit "flashier" for balancing:
Normally, magic is invisible. Thus, a spellcaster can sniper or even Thought Control a mundane character on a distance of several hundred meters without any chance of resistance. I opt for magic being visible in general - you can still sniper, but at the cost of revealing your position. This is of course not true for lesser spells (say, force 3 or lower), illusion stuff and anything where invisibility is an essential component.

All right, I'll get on the 20 free Karma.

Well... I'm glad I'm an illusionist now!

Raven Runner

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <11-10-14/1242:47> »
Character backgrounds are coming in and looking awesome!  Thanks for the effort every one is putting into this, very impressed!

For those of you who have not sent us backgrounds, we'd love you to send us a PM with at least a rough draft in the next few days, just so we can get a sense of what you're playing :)

Cheers, Raven

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #39 on: <11-10-14/1400:02> »
Character backgrounds are coming in and looking awesome!  Thanks for the effort every one is putting into this, very impressed!

For those of you who have not sent us backgrounds, we'd love you to send us a PM with at least a rough draft in the next few days, just so we can get a sense of what you're playing :)

Cheers, Raven

I'll get something written up here in a lil bit.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Shrazkil

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <11-10-14/1417:15> »
I should be able to get full background sent tonight barring any wife or kid complications.

On magic,  you are talking about the casting of, not the effect of correct? There are already rules in place for that, I am at work, but it's basically a perception test, with the force of the spell as a bonus to the dice of the perceiver.

If you are talking about the effects being visable, that's bad news bears. Sustained spells would make people look like disco balls. The equivalent of cyberware having to be tattood on your forehead.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <11-10-14/1431:34> »
If you are talking about the effects being visable, that's bad news bears. Sustained spells would make people look like disco balls. The equivalent of cyberware having to be tattood on your forehead.

another good point.

Magic IS scary, invisible, and unpredictable and unfair to those who don't have access to it. That's one of the reasons mages are so mistrusted by mundanes.

Again, it doesn't really affect my character, so it's not a big deal to me personally, but I feel like this "visible magic" rule has some utterly HUGE societal changes that would go along with it.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Raven Runner

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <11-10-14/1442:46> »
Regarding magic and visibility and a few other things... (btw I haven't gotten to double check with Volker here, so this might change, just fyi).

Magic will generally be visible unless the visibility of it defeats the purpose of the spell.  There will be varying levels of visibility so perception will of course play into all this...using magic to make something invisible?  Of course there's no visible effect!  Hiding in the bushes and casting a fireball?  Chances are there will be a line of fire arcing from your position to the target location and exploding in a giant ball of fire, SO MUCH FIRE!...at this point anyone who noticed that streak of fire coming from the bushes is probably going to open up the burst fire and maybe add a grenade or two...

Here's the thing, we aint makin magic weak!  Oh no!  We are just tweaking things a tad...and we want to let you know when we're tweaking the rules...and frankly I'm not an expert on the rules in the first place so feel free to help me learn some of the finer points :)

Visible magic is not meant to be a game changer, and should not have a big effect on how you build your character.

I think the only major factor that MIGHT effect your character creation is that you will at times travel and will at times be in places with out Matrix access...and yes of course we are being a bit unspecific and evasive here, it's part of being a GM (hehe).  A character that never wants to leave Seattle or a full immersion/AI character might not work so well :)  It's not a power focused game, so make what ever you want to play, and if some little thing ends up making your character feel a little more powerful or a little less powerful that's fine...again, focus is on game play and all around awesomeness...we're here to have fun, it's all good, no worries ;)

Also, we are in this together and here to have fun...if everyone understands what we are proposing and doesn't like it then we will probably scrap it...we're reasonable that way, and well we want to create something different and surprising we want you to have fun with it too :)

Cheers, Raven

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <11-10-14/1443:25> »
Hey, also, is it cool if i use some of that "20 karma for interest skills" to improve interests ive already got or do i need to use them on new interests?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <11-10-14/1445:45> »
We want to create something different and surprising we want you to have fun with it too :)

What about setting the game in a city without any established literature written about it?

You could put any kinda weird magical zones in it yall felt like.

That actually sounds like a LOT of fun, but is also a LOT more work for yall.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english