NEWS

Vehicle mounted weapons.

• 5 Replies

Tirwalker

• Newb
« on: <10-30-14/1120:08> »
Is there any bonus when using a smartlink or laser sight or such on a vehicle mounted weapon?

Also, do vehicle mounted weapons suffer recoil penalties?

Tirwalker

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-30-14/1124:46> »
And while we are on the subject of vehicles, how would sneak worth with vehicles?  If you are tailing someone, or trying to do covert surveillance with a vehicle, might you use an attribute other than agility?

8-bit

« Reply #2 on: <10-30-14/1130:57> »
Laser Sight adds +1 to Accuracy; Smartlink is debatable. It improves the Accuracy by 2, but it is uncertain whether that applies to drones, or whether the +1/+2 dice pool bonus applies to them. That one is mostly GM houserule territory, as far as I know.

Yes, vehicle mounted weapons suffer recoil penalties. I can't quite remember the page where it is; but I believe drones/vehicles get recoil compensation equal to either their Body or Body/2. Can't remember exactly.

Edit: For the sneaking question; here's a quote from the book.

Quote from: Core Book of SR5; page 270
Drones sometimes need to be sneaky. When this occurs, a few things need to be taken into consideration. When operating independently, drones roll Pilot + Stealth [Handling] vs. Perception + Intuition [Mental]. You might want to put your drone into silent running mode, or its Matrix icon would be a dead giveaway of their presence to anyone scanning the scene in the Matrix. When jumped in, the test is Sneaking + Intuition [Handling] vs. Perception + Intuition [Mental]; you probably want your persona operating under silent running while you’re at it.

The Stealth refers to the Stealth Autosoft.
« Last Edit: <10-30-14/1133:45> by 8-bit »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <10-30-14/1135:56> »
Drones have Sensors, so they could obviously use a Smartlink in their camera for a +1. Vehicle-mounted weapons suffer from Recoil, a vehicle has BOD in natural RC, rather than 1+(Str/3). A GM may argue that weapon mounts cannot be equipped with Bipods and Tripods.

Sneak with vehicles, eh. You use Reaction for Driving but that doesn't mean you'd use Reaction for sneaking. Honestly, it sounds like it'd become Intuition, like Shadowing in the past.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-30-14/1154:11> »
Afb atm. But I think you benefit from a smartgun if you have an internal smartlink and control the vehicle by VR.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #5 on: <10-30-14/1255:27> »
If you are using Gunnery to handle a vehicle-mounted weapon (as in physically) then your smartlink absolutely applies.  If you are jumped in to the drone, I think the smartlink should apply as well because you are using the vehicle's sensors and the guncam from the smartgun.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.