NEWS

Burnout adept: a Human-Tank project

• 21 Replies

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <10-29-14/1059:35> »
Magic is a special attribute, not a 'regular' attribute. If you had 3 edge and burnt one then you have 2 edge, not 3(2). Same with magic: my maximum magic is getting reduced but my actual magic points are lost, not reduced. I don't really see how is this character stronger than any other samurai. Really, it is viable but not over-optimised.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <10-29-14/1613:26> »
Really? Boy, this makes burning out a pretty strong option. Quite strange that there´s no official statement to this...

Anyway, if your GM is OK with it, do as you please.

It's honestly not that strong. You would get a better runner 99% of the time going full Sam or full adept. There are a few niche cases but its not broken at all in my opinion
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #17 on: <10-29-14/1935:50> »
Step 1 is asking if the GM is okay with the Cyberlimb+Natural abuse, and whether they will houserule that the Agility of the cyberlimbs helps with movement rates.
Question.
If Agility on Cyber-legs doesn't affect movement, then, what does it affect?
I can't think of anything else that it would be used for.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <10-29-14/1949:18> »
Hello again!
I've been thinking about making character with a full body cyberconversion for a while now and so I've made this girl:

== Priorities ==
Metatype: E - Human
Attributes: B - 20 Attributes
Special: D - Adept or Aspected Magician
Skills: C - 28 Skills/2 Skill Groups
Resources: A - 450,000¥

== Attributes ==
BOD: 5
AGI: 1 (Average 7, legs 6, arms 9, body 5)
REA: 5
STR: 1 (Average 7.2, rounded up=8, legs 6, arms 9, body 6)
CHA: 3
INT: 5
LOG: 3
WIL: 5
EDG: 3
MAG: 1 (bought back for karma)

== Limits ==
Physical:                  4 (Effective limits: 10 for arms, 8 for torso and legs. I am not sure how does it affect an actual limit)

Intimidation: 2 [Physical]           Pool: 5 (7)

== Qualities ==
Adept
Ambidextrous -4k
SINner (CAS) +5k
Mentor Spirit (Bear) -5k
Social Stress +8k
The Burnout's Way -15k
Weak Immune System +10k

== Powers ==
Nimble fingers
Improved Sense (Direction Sense)

== Weapons ==
Hand Razors
   Pool: 15 (17)   Accuracy: 10  DV: 10P   AP: -3

== Commlink ==
Hermes Ikon (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 5, FWL: 5)
   +Sim Module
   +Browse
   +Encryption
   +Signal Scrub

Total karma: 48
Spent for qualities: 24
Spent for skills: Two skill groups 0->1: 10 karma, 3 skills 0->1: 6 karma, Magic 0->1: 5 karma, Contacts 3 karma.

So what do you think?

I do so find the Burnout is so much nicer on Adepts than on Mages.
I did one as a Troll and like it a lot.

So I'm wondering a few things, have some thoughts, ideas.

1.  I thought Limbs could not affect limits.
2.  I would drop those 1/4 point abilities for 2 levels of Adrenaline Boost for +4 Initiative.
3.  I know its not the concept, but for this much cyber, you'd get 2 points of edge & 25 Karma if you just went flat Mundane/Street Sam.  Something to consider, IMHO.
4.  Intimidation-2.  Anyway to use those 2 points else where & buy it at L1 w/ 2 more karma.  Would be way more efficient.  Swap Social Stress for Allergy to get the 2 Karma.
5.  Spurs would hit harder than Razors.
6.  All those limbs & you couldn't fit a Commlink internally & avoid the Datajack, or just to ensure its not stolen.  Drop 1 Smuggling Compartment?
7.  Use only 1 CyberArm & buy a 2nd point of Magic instead of the 2x L1-Skill Groups. 

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <10-29-14/2256:56> »
Step 1 is asking if the GM is okay with the Cyberlimb+Natural abuse, and whether they will houserule that the Agility of the cyberlimbs helps with movement rates.
Question.
If Agility on Cyber-legs doesn't affect movement, then, what does it affect?
I can't think of anything else that it would be used for.

Kicking? Using Gymnastics for jumping? Escape artist for when the legs are bound? You just have to think outside the box!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <10-30-14/0140:22> »
I do so find the Burnout is so much nicer on Adepts than on Mages.
I did one as a Troll and like it a lot.

So I'm wondering a few things, have some thoughts, ideas.

1.  I thought Limbs could not affect limits.
2.  I would drop those 1/4 point abilities for 2 levels of Adrenaline Boost for +4 Initiative.
3.  I know its not the concept, but for this much cyber, you'd get 2 points of edge & 25 Karma if you just went flat Mundane/Street Sam.  Something to consider, IMHO.
4.  Intimidation-2.  Anyway to use those 2 points else where & buy it at L1 w/ 2 more karma.  Would be way more efficient.  Swap Social Stress for Allergy to get the 2 Karma.
5.  Spurs would hit harder than Razors.
6.  All those limbs & you couldn't fit a Commlink internally & avoid the Datajack, or just to ensure its not stolen.  Drop 1 Smuggling Compartment?
7.  Use only 1 CyberArm & buy a 2nd point of Magic instead of the 2x L1-Skill Groups.

1. They don't. They use their own characteristics, I am not so sure what to do if I don't have anything BUT cyberlimbs, gonna talk with my GM about it.
2. I am limited to power level 1 since my magic score is 1. Maybe I'll get rid of Nimble fingers to get lv1 Adrenaline boost.
3. If I'm going mundane I'm losing powers forever. I also will not be able to bind foci anymore. Not that great for 25 karma IMO.
4. You're right, intimidation is there for a flavour anyway.
5. Spurs also cost more. I wanted a spur at first but something needed to go. Not enough cash for it right now, will get it later maybe.
6. I wanted to buy a R7 commlink first! And I do have a datajack. Dropping a smuggling compartment will get me enough money to buy a spur so I'm considering it.
7. It's all cyber or bust! :)

Thanks for your feedback.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <10-31-14/1732:20> »
2. I am limited to power level 1 since my magic score is 1. Maybe I'll get rid of Nimble fingers to get lv1 Adrenaline boost.
3. If I'm going mundane I'm losing powers forever. I also will not be able to bind foci anymore. Not that great for 25 karma IMO.
5. Spurs also cost more. I wanted a spur at first but something needed to go. Not enough cash for it right now, will get it later maybe.
6. I wanted to buy a R7 commlink first! And I do have a datajack. Dropping a smuggling compartment will get me enough money to buy a spur so I'm considering it.

2.  Yes, I said the 2x 1/4 powers,  I meant the Nimble & Direction.  While nice,  +4 Initiative will work for a combat beast much better.
3.  True, but its 25 Karma & 2 Edge, and Foci & Powers will mean a LOT of Karma you then dump into those v/s Skills, Qualities, & Attributes.  Really just something to think about.
5.  Dump something, better than having to upgrade later.  Maybe even go Weapon Focus on it.
6.  I know you have Datajack, point was you didn't need it if you got the Commlink at chargen.