NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #180 on: <01-12-11/0520:05> »
Anyone have a list of all types of horrors from ED I could never get any up here in  Canuck land   :'(

Buy the fucking PDFs of the Earthdawn 3rd Edition and you'll be fine.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #181 on: <01-12-11/0728:44> »
To be honest, putting Horrors in a game would be too much. Horror influences, legends, stuff like that - yeah, that's fine for a Harry Angel themed game.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #182 on: <01-12-11/1109:30> »
It's pretty much jumping the gun anyway, at least with the Horrors themselves.  Someone like Darke/Oscuro or the Cult of Tezcatlipoca is probably as far along that track as is necessary to go.

With that in mind I really hope that another jump forward is NOT in the works.  IMHO, it would pretty much kill SR as a playable enjoyable sandbox.

MK Ultra

• Newb
« Reply #183 on: <01-12-11/1213:48> »
I love that movie Angel Heart :)

Pretty much agree with Longshot23, though this list of descriptions gives good idears for these ppls MO. Dispair reminded me pretty much of Mr. Darks writeup in the original Treats book. The tempter sounds a lot like s.th. I could imagin happened to Juan Azcapotzalco. Also good stuff to design new shadow spirits, or give the existing ones some color. Horror constructs (thought few and far between) on the metaplanes also sound like a nice thing. Some quests may even involve some kind of image of one horror or another, though i would hasitate to have it be the genuin thing so close to the physical world yet.

If some actual horror would be featured as a single slip through, IŽd rather put s.th. like the tempter - maybe offering help during metaplanar quests. or brife and temporary break-throughs, like one being abled to reach through at some major power site during some special astrological constalation or some-such (probably with help from some ritual group), long enough, to create a weak construct, that can operate in that region for a limited time.

ED level Horror-investation is definitly too much for SR ...

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #184 on: <01-12-11/1357:17> »
What about Imps? Horoi-related or not?
I don't know.  I don't know anything about imps.

And about Horror constructs:  could such function as an SR adept?  Would it need infusions of anything to stay functional?  I have a mini-campaign outline in progress (which I may or may not submit to CGL) which features a Horror-construct-as-adept as cult/small unit leader . . . additional refinement needed and welcome.
You could probably make a construct function as an adept.  Especially ghouls and cadaver men.  ED ghouls would be almost identical to SR ghouls, only as I said no blindness and they're poisonous.  The others would probably work best as creature.  Though I'm not quite sure how I'd handle a spectral dancer, though those wouldn't work as cult leaders anyway so it's moot.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #185 on: <01-12-11/1403:20> »
ED Ghouls don't have to eat flesh. They just like it. :)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #186 on: <01-12-11/1409:42> »
Really?  I could have swore they had to eat it.  I thought cadaver men were the ones that didn't have to but did anyway.  Either way, still gross.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #187 on: <01-12-11/1421:10> »
There's a Horror power that can instil life into a victim.  They look and smell slightly decayed, but otherwise function at full power.  Better, since they can tap into the Horror's magic to heal themselves.  In ED terms they get an unlimited number of Recovery tests per day that they can use as a standard action, without the waiting time requirement (normally, an hour between tests).  In SR terms they would have regeneration that lets them heal from anything, up to and including drain (yes, it's that butch).
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #188 on: <01-12-11/1928:42> »
To sustain themselves, ghouls must eat the vital organs of the living
or recently dead. They live along trade routes where they ambush
passing travelers, in cemeteries where they feed on the newly dead,
or in city sewers, crawling out at night to hunt their victims.
So, either i remembered it wrong, or they changed that in Third Edition.

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #189 on: <01-13-11/0814:59> »
In the old ED Vampires were no Horrors, they were only Horror Constructs... but the idea that a Vampire from ED has survived to SR is a tempting thing...

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #190 on: <01-13-11/0900:21> »
There were no Vampires in ED. Only one mention in the 1st edition Companion. Besides that - nothing.

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #191 on: <01-13-11/0907:30> »
See Barsaive in Chaos  ;)

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #192 on: <01-13-11/1044:07> »
The bottom line seems to be that the Horrors - even Verjigorm - could not create life, only simulacrums.  They could muck up and around with practically anything that was alive though, and even then apparently worked through proxies.

Yes/No?

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #193 on: <01-13-11/1122:00> »
See Barsaive in Chaos  ;)
Are you kidding me? That crap is awful. Now way. I'm not touching it even with a 10 feet pole infused with the Essence of Wood. Second edition books don't exist.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #194 on: <01-14-11/0924:11> »
The 2nd Ed. books do leave a lot to be desired.

Horrors, could, in fact, create life forms, LS22.  It was (far) easier to alter life forms, but the most powerful could create some whole cloth.  Those, thankfully, were very, very rare.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Register