NEWS

Mooksheet

• 6 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« on: <10-19-14/0645:38> »
Since it's bloody annoying to have to recalculate values all the time, especially obscure ones such as "what does this one enemy roll against Detect Enemies again?", I put together a mooksheet. I call it a mooksheet because it lacks the detailed info such as full skills, ware-listing and qualities and such. However, it calculates every value you need except how many dice you resist Essence Health spells with. (I ran out of space and didn't care about adding that one.)

Right now it's condensed enough to fit exactly 4 enemies into a single page. The left side of the sheet has where you enter all the numbers, the right side is where the output comes from. Things are printed top-down, then left to right, so if you have say 2 pages in height, then pages 3 and 4 of an export pdf would be the mook-numbers whereas pages 1 and 2 would be the numbers you entered.

It supports 1 melee and 1 ranged weapon each, with damage for the first weapon being based on Strength directly and the second weapon using its own damage. There's entries for Defense tests, offensive dicepools, all the resist and soak info you likely need, and you can modify everything that I know powers and such exist for. Got a Cyberlimb? Just add 1 to the CMP field on the left side. Combat Sense spell quickened at 4 hits? Add 4 to the Defen. field. Adept Power versus Illusions, etc, all there.

I could likely make a BIT more space to add just a few extra infofields without going down to 3 mooks per page, so if things are missing let me know.

1 possible change would be to make 3 kinds of sheets: 2-melee-weapon ones, 2-ranged-weapon ones and the mixture there is now. Put them on the second sheet and let people copy-paste the versions they need to sheet 1.
« Last Edit: <10-19-14/0647:45> by Michael Chandra »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-19-14/1326:37> »
Nice, very informative and I think you got the most stats crammed in there.

2 things that that I noticed though
If its  a mook sheet, shouldnt there be room for a professional rating?

and second, why did you choose to have the mooks spread out on 2 different sheets? wouldnt it be easier to have mook A and mook B on the same sheet including all dicepools, instead of mooks A, B, C, and D all spread out on 2 different sheets half their stats on each?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <10-19-14/1504:04> »
Edge = PR.

The spread-out is so that you enter the attribute values and modifiers on the first page, and on the second page you get all the processed values. You don't need the first part.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #3 on: <10-20-14/0055:13> »
Sweet tool!  I'll play with this later and give you some more feedback.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-21-14/0055:24> »
In that case I have no further dreamed up critique, looks good :P

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <10-21-14/1945:28> »
I suspected I had forgotten something and just realized what I was missing: Toxic Resistance.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <10-24-14/0557:00> »
There's a mistake in the current sheet: Combat Indirect Single doesn't include the Defen. modifier, whereas normal Defense does. That one has to be added manually by people for now, and I'll mess around with a version which messes with the widths to get 1 extra block of data in, at 12 more info can be added such as Toxic Resistance and perhaps Essence penalties or other useful information people can think of.

Hm... Maybe make a set of info blocks for extra notes.