NEWS

Already decking, looking to add some drone versatility

• 17 Replies

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #15 on: <10-08-14/0722:30> »
This brings up a question I just thought of.  If I remotely control to shoot using my Gunnery skill as a simple action attack and then another simple action to Send Message instructing the drone to attack the same target, can it do so on its own initiative pass?
While there is some disagreement about what kind of action is required when you're jumped into the drone or when the drone is firing on its own, if you use Control Device to fire a drone mounted weapon, it's going to be a Complex Action.
When I use Gunnery, is it Gunnery + Logic or Gunnery + Agility?  I'm seeing conflicting rules on that (go figure, it's not like Shadowrun is always consistent with their rules found in 5 different places in the rulebook...).
There is a lot of disagreement here and you've identified the source of the confusion. The conclusion I've come to is that you use Gunnery + Logic whenever using Active or Passive Sensor assisted shooting. Otherwise, Gunnery + Agility. I think that is in-line with what Aaron suggested in the FAQ thread. Considering the extra steps and/or limitations involved with the two sensor based attacks, it seems balanced (since a lot of riggers will have higher Logic than Agility).
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #16 on: <10-08-14/0814:37> »
An important question is whether you are supposed to take the Targeting penalty when simply firing at a visible target in combat. It's one thing to deal with a sneaky person, but someone outright fighting shouldn't be that hard to fire at.
Are you referring the -3 penalty for locking onto metahumans?  That's not for firing the gun, that's just for establishing a sensor lock for active targeting.
That's what I stick to as well, but some people read it differently so it's definitely something to be discussed with the GM.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

PiDub314

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <10-08-14/2155:20> »
While there is some disagreement about what kind of action is required when you're jumped into the drone or when the drone is firing on its own, if you use Control Device to fire a drone mounted weapon, it's going to be a Complex Action.
Ah, missed that part in the combat chapter.  Seems like I can't do much in the Matrix that isn't a complex action.  I was going off of the Control Device action that says the type of action for Control Device is the same type as if you weren't going through the device, so I just figured on some of the simple action attack formats.  Being jumped in seems like you shouldn't have to count the drone as a vehicle for Gunnery and can use the weapon as if it was your meat body using it, but I'm not finding anything to really support that right now.

Just want to say, thanks to everybody contributing to this thread.  It has been very helpful as I consider my pseudo-rigging options.